Jameis Winston to be Suspended 3 Games

kobebryant

Reaction score
adeltaY":ojud2lu5 said:
Fitzpatrick was gonna find a way to start somd games no matter what :mrgreen:

hahaha no kidding. The man knows how to find teams where against all odds he'll manage to start. HOFer at the bank.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Hehehe
No Jimbo to keep the police at bay. No surprise here.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Am I missing something? I read the article and all I see is "He said she said".

hawknation2018

Reaction score
fenderbender123":22t36mkz said:
Am I missing something? I read the article and all I see is "He said she said".

You haven't seen the NFL's evidence.

Driver reported the incident immediately. Winston side claimed he wasn't alone in the car, but now that is in question.

Unfortunately, many sexual assault cases are "he said, she said." But the NFL isn't working under a standard of reasonable doubt. They use preponderance -- +50%.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'd the NFL values the opinion of the public more so than they use a preponderance of evidence type of thing. We all know how these cases are judged in the court of public opinion, so I guess it makes sense they are taking action.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
fenderbender123":mbkq8jt8 said:
I'd the NFL values the opinion of the public more so than they use a preponderance of evidence type of thing. We all know how these cases are judged in the court of public opinion, so I guess it makes sense they are taking action.

It's in the NFL's self interest in bury it, rather than have a starting QB who is an accused rapist AND the perpetrator of a sexual assault they acknowledge. Without NFL action, this story was bound to die, unless the accuser takes actions, which she has not indicated.

I had a lyft driver who told me about a drunk guy grabbing her chest on her first day of work, but she never reported it. Everything she said to me was believable, which is the rub (no pun intended). Who is more believable? Whose statements are riddled with contractions (like saying someone was in the vehicle who wasn't)?

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]https://sports.yahoo.com/jameis-winston-confirms-suspension-apologizes-175939885.html[/urltargetblank]

She said, he said is now a she said, he apologizes.....

“First and foremost, I would like to say I’m sorry to the Uber driver for the position I put you in. It is uncharacteristic of me and I genuinely apologize. In the past 2 1/2 years my life has been filled with experiences, opportunities and events that have helped me grow, mature and learn, including the fact that I have eliminated alcohol from my life.

“I know I have to hold myself to a higher standard on and off the field and that I have a responsibility to my family, community, and teammates to live above the platform with which God has blessed me. I apologize to my teammates, the Buccaneers organization and fans for letting them down and for not being able to be out there for the first three games of the season. Although I am disappointed in the NFL’s decision, I understand the NFL’s process, and I embrace this as an opportunity to take advantage of the resources available to help me achieve the goals that I have for myself.

“I now look forward to putting this behind me and I will continue to work hard every day to be a positive influence in my community and be the best person, teammate and leader I can be.”

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/1012402006017871872[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1012401063805292545[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1012394600634429440[/tweet]

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1vl5rt5a said:
Did Big Ben ever get any suspension for being a serial rapist?
Six games dropped to four I think. Not sure if that is what he was suspended for though. 2010ish?