Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Turbin announces he will be suspended for PED use.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• With the continued prevalence of these types of violations, it seems pretty clear many players feel the risk is worth the reward for PEDs. Similar to the steroid generation of baseball, until there are more serious consequences, this will likely go unchanged.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

• Now we know where he gets the Turbo from.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Milehighhawk wrote:With the continued prevalence of these types of violations, it seems pretty clear many players feel the risk is worth the reward for PEDs. Similar to the steroid generation of baseball, until there are more serious consequences, this will likely go unchanged.

For a fringe player like Turbin it’s probably worth the risk because without “the help” he may not be in the league.
    Not saying it’s right, it’s just the reality in some players cases.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Milehighhawk wrote:With the continued prevalence of these types of violations, it seems pretty clear many players feel the risk is worth the reward for PEDs. Similar to the steroid generation of baseball, until there are more serious consequences, this will likely go unchanged.

I think the default should be eight games instead of four, and I think the league should state what substance triggered it. Right now, players can hide behind Adderall or "man, I must not have read the label on this health supplement too closely" - when in reality, I'm sure many of them are considerably worse.

Shame is remarkably effective at changing behavior, in my experience.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Shocking.

Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• He needs to get a refund.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Milehighhawk wrote:With the continued prevalence of these types of violations, it seems pretty clear many players feel the risk is worth the reward for PEDs. Similar to the steroid generation of baseball, until there are more serious consequences, this will likely go unchanged.

I think the default should be eight games instead of four, and I think the league should state what substance triggered it. Right now, players can hide behind Adderall or "man, I must not have read the label on this health supplement too closely" - when in reality, I'm sure many of them are considerably worse.

Shame is remarkably effective at changing behavior, in my experience.

I agree. If they're serious at all they need to up the punishment. I don't recall if this is something that would have to be bargained for with the NFLPA, though.

Take a page out of MLB's book. Suspend the player for half the season, player gives up their salary during this time, and then the player can't play in the playoffs if their team makes it that year.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Smellyman wrote:Shocking.

LOL

It's too bad how I sometimes wonder whether it was all natural or chemically enhanced certain times I hear about an athlete do something significant or be able to maintain a high bar that most of his peers cannot come anywhere near. I think this most in football and baseball, but I'm sure most sports have their share of usage.
    Ruminator
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information