Turbin announces he will be suspended for PED use.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1012761644395565056[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1012764535944634369[/tweet]

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
With the continued prevalence of these types of violations, it seems pretty clear many players feel the risk is worth the reward for PEDs. Similar to the steroid generation of baseball, until there are more serious consequences, this will likely go unchanged.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Now we know where he gets the Turbo from.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":3u45a2e2 said:
With the continued prevalence of these types of violations, it seems pretty clear many players feel the risk is worth the reward for PEDs. Similar to the steroid generation of baseball, until there are more serious consequences, this will likely go unchanged.
For a fringe player like Turbin it’s probably worth the risk because without “the help” he may not be in the league.
Not saying it’s right, it’s just the reality in some players cases.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":2z1usqw6 said:
I think the default should be eight games instead of four, and I think the league should state what substance triggered it. Right now, players can hide behind Adderall or "man, I must not have read the label on this health supplement too closely" - when in reality, I'm sure many of them are considerably worse.

Shame is remarkably effective at changing behavior, in my experience.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39e8nt5w said:
Milehighhawk":39e8nt5w said:
I think the default should be eight games instead of four, and I think the league should state what substance triggered it. Right now, players can hide behind Adderall or "man, I must not have read the label on this health supplement too closely" - when in reality, I'm sure many of them are considerably worse.

Shame is remarkably effective at changing behavior, in my experience.

I agree. If they're serious at all they need to up the punishment. I don't recall if this is something that would have to be bargained for with the NFLPA, though.

Take a page out of MLB's book. Suspend the player for half the season, player gives up their salary during this time, and then the player can't play in the playoffs if their team makes it that year.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Smellyman":8ex4zhel said:
Shocking.

4f4eaac325dc1image

LOL

It's too bad how I sometimes wonder whether it was all natural or chemically enhanced certain times I hear about an athlete do something significant or be able to maintain a high bar that most of his peers cannot come anywhere near. I think this most in football and baseball, but I'm sure most sports have their share of usage.

Latest posts