Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

3 former Seahawks to play in Flag Football semifinals

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13


  • The American Flag Football League is hosting the “U.S. Open of Football Tournament” right now, and three former Seattle Seahawks will take the field on Sunday, July 8 at 5:00 PM PST. There are four ‘pro teams’ that will face off in a tournament.

    Two of the professional teams, the Roadrunners (led by Michael Vick and former Legion of Boom member Brandon Browner) and Team Ocho (led by Chad Ochocinco and former Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon) faced off in the semis on Saturday, with Team Ocho squeezing out a victory.

    They will play the winner between Team Holdat and Team Godspeed. Team Godspeed features three former Seattle Seahawks: quarterback Seneca Wallace, running back Justin Forsett and defensive back Josh Wilson.

    The winning team will take on the winner of the amateur bracket on July 19, with $1 million dollars on the line. All of the games will be aired on NFL Network.

    https://www.affl.com
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5621
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • I love me some Seneca Wallace. Minus his habit of running out of bounds for a three yard loss.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3293
    Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:24 am


  • Seriously you guys watching that?
    Don't need the NFL to get even softer
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4434
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:Seriously you guys watching that?
    Don't need the NFL to get even softer


    Ex-NFL'ers can do whatever they want with their bodies; most get too soft as it is. These guys are still running, throwing, and catching, and many are doing so for worthy causes, and their own health and love of the basics of the game.

    Flag-ball can be appreciated without ever even hinting at the NFL becoming anything different than it is. There are many similarities to tackle football, and the coordination/speed/elusiveness required to play well is exceptionally high, just without the pounding.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2096
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Some might call flag football soft, but coming from someone who played in various leagues around the area for the past 10+ years its far from it. Sure you cant tackle the ball carrier, but there is hitting, blocking and even some pick plays where dudes get blown up. No pads, no helmet, just a mouth piece cleats, and your skill.

    In some leagues its 7 on 7 on a 50 yard field. You quickly find out how good your cardio is.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2917
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • I've actually been fairly entertained watching these guys play flag. Pretty cool watching Seneca juke people out of their shoes!
    DHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2019
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:50 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • 2_0_6 wrote:Some might call flag football soft, but coming from someone who played in various leagues around the area for the past 10+ years its far from it. Sure you cant tackle the ball carrier, but there is hitting, blocking and even some pick plays where dudes get blown up. No pads, no helmet, just a mouth piece cleats, and your skill.

    In some leagues its 7 on 7 on a 50 yard field. You quickly find out how good your cardio is.

    Hmm I pictured it a different way..You suprised me :irishdrinkers:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4434
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5621
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • IndyHawk wrote:
    2_0_6 wrote:Some might call flag football soft, but coming from someone who played in various leagues around the area for the past 10+ years its far from it. Sure you cant tackle the ball carrier, but there is hitting, blocking and even some pick plays where dudes get blown up. No pads, no helmet, just a mouth piece cleats, and your skill.

    In some leagues its 7 on 7 on a 50 yard field. You quickly find out how good your cardio is.

    Hmm I pictured it a different way..You suprised me :irishdrinkers:


    I have played in all kinds of Leagues, the one in Seattle at Memorial Stadium (Underdog sports) is very strict with their no hit policy. If you are on offense you can't block for a teammate that has the ball and basically need to get out of the way. We played in a full contact Tacoma league several years ago where a few semi-pro teams play in that league to keep sharp for their season. I turned 37 two years ago, had shoulder surgery, and decided to hang them up. :D

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_-NhhXuB44
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbkD7l6tZNI


    Here is a photo of a few of our guys and myself from Fall '15 when we won the "championship".



    Image
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2917
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • I see so there are different versions out there..
    Nice pic but wheres the trophy?
    Shoulder surgery sucks ..I know
    I play only golf now and the movement I have is
    not the same as before surgery so I did not get
    better at golf that is for sure :lol:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4434
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • IndyHawk wrote:I see so there are different versions out there..
    Nice pic but wheres the trophy?
    Shoulder surgery sucks ..I know
    I play only golf now and the movement I have is
    not the same as before surgery so I did not get
    better at golf that is for sure :lol:



    trophy? :irishdrinkers: I wish, all we got is T-shirts and free league fees the following year.
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2917
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5621
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • IndyHawk wrote:I see so there are different versions out there..
    Nice pic but wheres the trophy?
    Shoulder surgery sucks ..I know
    I play only golf now and the movement I have is
    not the same as before surgery so I did not get
    better at golf that is for sure :lol:


    I have a torn rotator cuff. Did that 3 years ago. Trying muscle strengthening techniques to override the tear. So far not too bad. I kinda want to use my arm in the winter and summer so am debating about surgery. Takes 6 weeks at least of no lifting on the left arm. I am right arm dominant in most things. I played a round of 9 holes of golf and had issues with my forearms, only 4 shots had no pain in the 59 I got on my home course. Normal score 45 or so. Put up the clubs for the year. A friend had both shoulders done, one at a time. Said I should get it done. I dont know any more. Would really like to play golf again...but not at my home course no more. They are run by idiots now. I can go 15 miles to another course instead of 3 miles and be happy.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8611
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • KitsapGuy wrote:


    Oh wow, those guys are moving fast!

    Pretty entertaining actually, I'd watch that. Seneca looks great.
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6729
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:41 am
    Location: Ballard




It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:29 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 46 guests