3 former Seahawks to play in Flag Football semifinals

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/1016004224415666176[/tweet]

The American Flag Football League is hosting the “U.S. Open of Football Tournament” right now, and three former Seattle Seahawks will take the field on Sunday, July 8 at 5:00 PM PST. There are four ‘pro teams’ that will face off in a tournament.

Two of the professional teams, the Roadrunners (led by Michael Vick and former Legion of Boom member Brandon Browner) and Team Ocho (led by Chad Ochocinco and former Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon) faced off in the semis on Saturday, with Team Ocho squeezing out a victory.

They will play the winner between Team Holdat and Team Godspeed. Team Godspeed features three former Seattle Seahawks: quarterback Seneca Wallace, running back Justin Forsett and defensive back Josh Wilson.

The winning team will take on the winner of the amateur bracket on July 19, with $1 million dollars on the line. All of the games will be aired on NFL Network.

https://www.affl.com

Trrrroy

Reaction score
I love me some Seneca Wallace. Minus his habit of running out of bounds for a three yard loss.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seriously you guys watching that?
Don't need the NFL to get even softer

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ps7ul2k7 said:
Seriously you guys watching that?
Don't need the NFL to get even softer

Ex-NFL'ers can do whatever they want with their bodies; most get too soft as it is. These guys are still running, throwing, and catching, and many are doing so for worthy causes, and their own health and love of the basics of the game.

Flag-ball can be appreciated without ever even hinting at the NFL becoming anything different than it is. There are many similarities to tackle football, and the coordination/speed/elusiveness required to play well is exceptionally high, just without the pounding.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Some might call flag football soft, but coming from someone who played in various leagues around the area for the past 10+ years its far from it. Sure you cant tackle the ball carrier, but there is hitting, blocking and even some pick plays where dudes get blown up. No pads, no helmet, just a mouth piece cleats, and your skill.

In some leagues its 7 on 7 on a 50 yard field. You quickly find out how good your cardio is.

DHawk

Reaction score
I've actually been fairly entertained watching these guys play flag. Pretty cool watching Seneca juke people out of their shoes!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2xma4423 said:
Some might call flag football soft, but coming from someone who played in various leagues around the area for the past 10+ years its far from it. Sure you cant tackle the ball carrier, but there is hitting, blocking and even some pick plays where dudes get blown up. No pads, no helmet, just a mouth piece cleats, and your skill.

In some leagues its 7 on 7 on a 50 yard field. You quickly find out how good your cardio is.
Hmm I pictured it a different way..You suprised me :irishdrinkers:

2_0_6

Reaction score
IndyHawk":aqunqeie said:
2_0_6":aqunqeie said:

Hmm I pictured it a different way..You suprised me :irishdrinkers:

I have played in all kinds of Leagues, the one in Seattle at Memorial Stadium (Underdog sports) is very strict with their no hit policy. If you are on offense you can't block for a teammate that has the ball and basically need to get out of the way. We played in a full contact Tacoma league several years ago where a few semi-pro teams play in that league to keep sharp for their season. I turned 37 two years ago, had shoulder surgery, and decided to hang them up. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_-NhhXuB44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbkD7l6tZNI

Here is a photo of a few of our guys and myself from Fall '15 when we won the "championship".

83bNxUu

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I see so there are different versions out there..
Nice pic but wheres the trophy?
Shoulder surgery sucks ..I know
I play only golf now and the movement I have is
not the same as before surgery so I did not get
better at golf that is for sure :lol:

2_0_6

Reaction score
IndyHawk":31gbcayr said:

trophy? :irishdrinkers: I wish, all we got is T-shirts and free league fees the following year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2f74nxxw said:

I have a torn rotator cuff. Did that 3 years ago. Trying muscle strengthening techniques to override the tear. So far not too bad. I kinda want to use my arm in the winter and summer so am debating about surgery. Takes 6 weeks at least of no lifting on the left arm. I am right arm dominant in most things. I played a round of 9 holes of golf and had issues with my forearms, only 4 shots had no pain in the 59 I got on my home course. Normal score 45 or so. Put up the clubs for the year. A friend had both shoulders done, one at a time. Said I should get it done. I dont know any more. Would really like to play golf again...but not at my home course no more. They are run by idiots now. I can go 15 miles to another course instead of 3 miles and be happy.