Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Brandon Browner arrested following a police chase

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • :roll:



    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5191
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • Shame was a great part of the LOB but even then was making bad decisions.
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1038
    Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:16 am
    Location: Northern CA


  • He's turned into quite the head case.
    User avatar
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


  • Seems to revolve around a previous relationship, that never is good.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25473
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • It’s too bad he’s such a knucklehead. Once a knucklehead always a knucklehead. Some grow out of it, apparently he never did.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24177
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Seems like a rocky relationship.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1711
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


  • He seems to have a drug problem and the drama that goes with it..
    That watch probaly is his but you don't go breaking into a house..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4061
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • But, didn't someone say we need more guys like Browner, because being too nice doesn't equal winning? Guys like Lockett are too nice etc. :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I like the bashing of a former player, I mean he couldn't have legitimate health issues relating to CTE...it clearly has to be him being a "knucklehead". :roll:
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • Sports Hernia wrote:Once a knucklehead always a knucklehead. Some grow out of it...


    Well, which is it?
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4568
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • OkieHawk wrote:I like the bashing of a former player, I mean he couldn't have legitimate health issues relating to CTE...it clearly has to be him being a "knucklehead". :roll:

    I Never said he doesn’t CTE, that is quite possible. I’d hope you’d at least admit he has had his share of knuckleheaded behavior since leaving the NFL?
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24177
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Why assume CTE before knucklehead? We need to hold him accountable for his actions , once proven he has a mental illness... then we can talk about that.

    Just because I have a headache doesn’t mean I might have a tumor.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    User avatar
    AKNFidel
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:49 am
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • Perhaps he'll let them drill into his head to confirm he's a knucklehead.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5887
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


  • OkieHawk wrote:I like the bashing of a former player, I mean he couldn't have legitimate health issues relating to CTE...it clearly has to be him being a "knucklehead". :roll:


    I mean by this logic you could argue that anyone who does anything really wrong did it because of "health issues".. You can acknowledge someone had health issues while at the same time realizing they are kind of acting like a "knucklehead" the two aren't mutually exclusive imo...
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4019
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • CTE will soon become the most convenient "reason" for all sorts of terrible behaviors. Jameis Winston totally missed an opportunity to blame his groping of that driver on too many hits to the head. He could have totally got off without a suspension.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 736
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 pm


  • I find it hilarious that a problem that the NFL down played for years is basically the last reason people think of when these guys do things out of character.

    Has Brandon done stupid things before? Yes. Have any of these things been to the degree of his current predicament? Hell no. CTE could explain this event and to immediately discredit that view is shameful.

    These are still people who literally put their health on the line for our enjoyment, and people seem to denigrate that fact.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • OkieHawk wrote:I find it hilarious that a problem that the NFL down played for years is basically the last reason people think of when these guys do things out of character.

    Has Brandon done stupid things before? Yes. Have any of these things been to the degree of his current predicament? Hell no. CTE could explain this event and to immediately discredit that view is shameful.

    These are still people who literally put their health on the line for our enjoyment, and people seem to denigrate that fact.


    Hah! These guys play because they love to legally hit people, love the adrenaline that comes from competition (war, if you wish), and because they get a lot of money to do so. You and I have very little to do with their reasons for playing, even if we pay their bill in the end by our support.

    Is this behavior out-of-character for Browner? You have no idea what his character actually is as a baseline. But there is sadly more evidence against it being good than many players. Now, if you heard that Russell Wilson or Tyler Lockett had done something like this, you'd be right about it being "out of character." With Browner? No way.

    CTE may have something to do with his behavior; but until it is actually verified, justifying immoral/bad/illegal/etc. behavior by saying "maybe" to a potential cause is dishonest and misleading. And unacceptable behavior doesn't become acceptable, good, justifiable or moral because someone has a disease; it only makes it understandable.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1979
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Ad Hawk wrote:CTE may have something to do with his behavior; but until it is actually verified, justifying immoral/bad/illegal/etc. behavior by saying "maybe" to a potential cause is dishonest and misleading. And unacceptable behavior doesn't become acceptable, good, justifiable or moral because someone has a disease; it only makes it understandable.


    Where did I say it would be justifiable?

    Also, saying it may be a cause for his behavior is furthering a discussion into something that is a problem in this sport. To disregard this is dishonest and misleading.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • Why does having CTE and being a knucklehead have to be mutually exclusive? Maybe CTE is what causes somebody to do knuckleheaded things, but that doesn't mean that those things aren't knuckleheaded. Man I'm so wise. Thank God I'm here to straighten everything out for everyone.
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4568
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • There is a fair amount of evidence that CTE does the following:

    Damages the part of the brain related to impulse control

    Damages the part of the brain related to decisioning

    Causes mood swings

    Causes violent behavior


    CTE might not be an 'excuse', it could easily be a 'cause'. Not everyone getting CTE would end up being violent or dangerous, but a certain % would. And people with proclivities could more easily be pushed over the edge. To absolve CTE is just ignorance at this point.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3359
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm



  • Just heard that as well. Wow
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • kidhawk wrote:Hearing he was charged with Attempted Murder with Bail set at $10 million.

    Damnnnnnnn! This isn’t going to end well for him.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24177
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit



  • They say he's facing life in prison. Jesus.
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1606
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


  • TwistedHusky wrote:There is a fair amount of evidence that CTE does the following:

    Damages the part of the brain related to impulse control

    Damages the part of the brain related to decisioning

    Causes mood swings

    Causes violent behavior


    CTE might not be an 'excuse', it could easily be a 'cause'. Not everyone getting CTE would end up being violent or dangerous, but a certain % would. And people with proclivities could more easily be pushed over the edge. To absolve CTE is just ignorance at this point.

    Could be CTE but it is a fact he has been arrested for having Crack
    and being high on it...
    So could it be the Crack instead of CTE?
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4061
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm



  • IndyHawk wrote:
    Could be CTE but it is a fact he has been arrested for having Crack
    and being high on it...
    So could it be the Crack instead of CTE?


    Could you provide a link detailing that it was Crack when he was arrested? The only thing I can find is that it was Cocaine, which is still bad, but not Crack.

    And yes, it could be drugs that did it as well, but I'm at least willing to entertain multiple causes for the behavior, unlike others who outright dismiss the possibility of CTE. I guess we'll know for sure if they ever do a brain analysis upon death, since that's the current method of determination.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • And even then, is crack used in moderation really all that bad?
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4568
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • Kind of feels like the rolling in carpet is an after murder thing but I suppose you could smother them in it.

    I once knew a chick that chopped her mother up with an ax in the bathtub and then hid the body parts in a rolled up carpet to try and dispose of it. So I get using the rolled up carpet for hiding the body or disposing of it - but I have never heard of it used for the murder itself.

    (She was hot but pretty crazy, so I was glad to be done with her when she went full on near-serial killer and it hit the news)

    I suppose it is possible to kill someone with a carpet. Not sure I would convict for that if on a jury but definitely the kidnapping sounds like enough to put him away for a while.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3359
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    Could be CTE but it is a fact he has been arrested for having Crack
    and being high on it...
    So could it be the Crack instead of CTE?


    Could you provide a link detailing that it was Crack when he was arrested? The only thing I can find is that it was Cocaine, which is still bad, but not Crack.

    And yes, it could be drugs that did it as well, but I'm at least willing to entertain multiple causes for the behavior, unlike others who outright dismiss the possibility of CTE. I guess we'll know for sure if they ever do a brain analysis upon death, since that's the current method of determination.

    I guess it was Cocaine I saw not crack but is it not the same thing in the end?
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4061
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • Crack is cooked down cocaine mixed with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) essentially.

    Nasty crap.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1982
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ



  • fenderbender123 wrote:And even then, is crack used in moderation really all that bad?


    I've known a few crack and cocaine users throughout the years. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to cocaine and its derivative forms. It's a drug people binge hard on, because the peak of the high lasts ten to fifteen minutes at best.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

    He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    User avatar
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5657
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:29 am
    Location: Back in Seattle


  • Yeah, I have to assume he was kidding. In no way is crack no big deal.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10872
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • CTE shouldn't be ruled out, but I've never read anything about it making someone aggressive like this...
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30066
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • RolandDeschain wrote:CTE shouldn't be ruled out, but I've never read anything about it making someone aggressive like this...


    Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • There was a pretty semi-famous article written by a player's wife where she documents her husband spiraling into the symptoms of CTE. He was a pretty average player for the Saints, not known as a violent guy.

    But she covered how his personality changes, how he became moody, depressed and eventually violent for no reason.

    Anyone that believes that CTE has nothing to do with violent behavior is not doing the research.

    In fact, didn't Seau's own family talk about how sometimes they were afraid of him - and that was before people knew much about CTE.

    How about the stories about Dave Duerson (spelling?) and his struggle with violent tendencies? Isn't he literally the poster-child example of a guy getting CTE?

    CTE and violent tendencies go hand in hand, because CTE limits your ability to understand consequences, weigh choices or shrug off emotional reactions. The part of the brain that can override emotions with logic becomes damaged. Impulse control is literally almost gone. So a violent impulse becomes a violent action.

    It doesn't seem weird to you that all these NFL guys are committing heinous acts? They are all just bad seeds?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3359
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • It's going to be interesting to see how the justice system and CTE excuses are going to work. Research in bran scans have led physicians to believe they can detect CTE in living hosts.

    Do you return these people to the streets or do you lock them up for life? Temporary insanity is one thing. CTE is permanent. Do they send them to a state hospital?
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5887
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


  • I don't know.

    Guys like Marshawn Lynch and Kam Chancellor gave me so much joy for years. I am going to be devastated if that joy came at a terrible cost...that I don't even have to pay, but they do.

    I do know this.

    A friend of mine was a doctor that treated a number of ex-NFL players. Most of his patients were lower-middle class, if that. He shared the stories and guys I thought were set for life were just scraping by.

    I used to think it was because they were stupid with their money, or had financial advisers rob them or something. But he was convinced that the brain damage made it easy for them to make bad decisions or for others to make bad decisions for them.

    He always felt that a certain part of the NFL check should have been an annuity so that players could not spend them (Let's ignore that annuities tend to be pretty terrible investments) and would at least have some guaranteed income by which to assure they could live OK when their playing days are over.

    Now we are not just worried about a player turning homeless, but ending up in jail for terrible crimes that might not be entirely their fault. Sure it isn't everyone, but it reminds me of how Ambien affects certain people and they end up doing things that are not their fault. That % are not purely guilty, they are victims.

    And what might be the literally most profitable enterprise in the US, run by billionaires and subsidized with tax dollars - is clearly shoving some of the data on this impact under the rug and has been for some time.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3359
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • Concussion with Will Smith has some drama in it but the core of the movie is truth, the personality changes and rages and violence was pretty factual. If you have not seen it please do, it will open your mind a bit about possibilities of the effects.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25473
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • OkieHawk wrote:Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

    Being in gangs and heavily involved in street life from a young age is due to CTE?
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30066
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

    Being in gangs and heavily involved in street life from a young age is due to CTE?


    Fair enough, bad example on my end. As already stated by others though, it does make people spiral into violence.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

    Being in gangs and heavily involved in street life from a young age is due to CTE?


    Fair enough, bad example on my end. As already stated by others though, it does make people spiral into violence.

    I think the distinction between "does make" and "can make" is huge, here. Depends on which part of the brain their CTE ends up affecting...
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30066
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • TwistedHusky wrote:Kind of feels like the rolling in carpet is an after murder thing but I suppose you could smother them in it.

    I once knew a chick that chopped her mother up with an ax in the bathtub and then hid the body parts in a rolled up carpet to try and dispose of it. So I get using the rolled up carpet for hiding the body or disposing of it - but I have never heard of it used for the murder itself.

    (She was hot but pretty crazy, so I was glad to be done with her when she went full on near-serial killer and it hit the news)

    I suppose it is possible to kill someone with a carpet. Not sure I would convict for that if on a jury but definitely the kidnapping sounds like enough to put him away for a while.


    Jesus this has to be made from your imagination
    User avatar
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4019
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm


  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Kind of feels like the rolling in carpet is an after murder thing but I suppose you could smother them in it.

    I once knew a chick that chopped her mother up with an ax in the bathtub and then hid the body parts in a rolled up carpet to try and dispose of it. So I get using the rolled up carpet for hiding the body or disposing of it - but I have never heard of it used for the murder itself.

    (She was hot but pretty crazy, so I was glad to be done with her when she went full on near-serial killer and it hit the news)

    I suppose it is possible to kill someone with a carpet. Not sure I would convict for that if on a jury but definitely the kidnapping sounds like enough to put him away for a while.


    Jesus this has to be made from your imagination

    Read the one if I remember right on PMedic and his bottle
    of Makers Mark..Fine stuff of a story there or the story of going
    through was it Chicago? :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4061
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • OkieHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    OkieHawk wrote:Aaron Hernandez ring a bell?

    Being in gangs and heavily involved in street life from a young age is due to CTE?


    Fair enough, bad example on my end. As already stated by others though, it does make people spiral into violence.


    Does CTE control your actions, or does it just influence them?
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4568
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    Does CTE control your actions, or does it just influence them?


    Not sure to be honest. There is a lot of good reading out there on it if you choose to do so. No matter what it doesn't excuse their actions, merely gives a potential reasoning for said violent actions. I know they can't even verify if it's CTE until an autopsy, and by then it's too late of course.

    But, much like mental health issues in our country it gets overlooked and swept under the rug.
    User avatar
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6179
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:48 pm
    Location: Oklahoma City


  • "Jesus this has to be made from your imagination"

    It wasn't my imagination. Truth is stranger than fiction.

    It happened in Renton. It was all over the papers at the time. She ended up dumping her Mom's body in a carpet and then getting her neighbor to help her dump it after she told him it was the body of her dead dog. (Not sure why he bought that line but I think she seduced him).

    The papers had a field day with it because apparently right after getting rid of the body they went out to Red Robin and then out dancing. Though I doubt he knew what he had really done.

    She then tried to escape to Florida which is where I think they ended up catching her.

    It's kind of a sad story if you know the backstory.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3359
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


  • TwistedHusky wrote:"Jesus this has to be made from your imagination"

    It wasn't my imagination. Truth is stranger than fiction.

    It happened in Renton. It was all over the papers at the time. She ended up dumping her Mom's body in a carpet and then getting her neighbor to help her dump it after she told him it was the body of her dead dog. (Not sure why he bought that line but I think she seduced him).

    The papers had a field day with it because apparently right after getting rid of the body they went out to Red Robin and then out dancing. Though I doubt he knew what he had really done.

    She then tried to escape to Florida which is where I think they ended up catching her.

    It's kind of a sad story if you know the backstory.

    So provide a name we can run through Google.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30066
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Next


It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:33 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests