Brandon Browner arrested following a police chase

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:roll:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NBCLA/status/1016089665810690048[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1016116740726460421[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Seems to revolve around a previous relationship, that never is good.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s too bad he’s such a knucklehead. Once a knucklehead always a knucklehead. Some grow out of it, apparently he never did.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He seems to have a drug problem and the drama that goes with it..
That watch probaly is his but you don't go breaking into a house..

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But, didn't someone say we need more guys like Browner, because being too nice doesn't equal winning? Guys like Lockett are too nice etc. :lol:

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I like the bashing of a former player, I mean he couldn't have legitimate health issues relating to CTE...it clearly has to be him being a "knucklehead". :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
OkieHawk":35ya15jp said:
I like the bashing of a former player, I mean he couldn't have legitimate health issues relating to CTE...it clearly has to be him being a "knucklehead". :roll:
I Never said he doesn’t CTE, that is quite possible. I’d hope you’d at least admit he has had his share of knuckleheaded behavior since leaving the NFL?

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Why assume CTE before knucklehead? We need to hold him accountable for his actions , once proven he has a mental illness... then we can talk about that.

Just because I have a headache doesn’t mean I might have a tumor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3011e7g9 said:

I mean by this logic you could argue that anyone who does anything really wrong did it because of "health issues".. You can acknowledge someone had health issues while at the same time realizing they are kind of acting like a "knucklehead" the two aren't mutually exclusive imo...

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
CTE will soon become the most convenient "reason" for all sorts of terrible behaviors. Jameis Winston totally missed an opportunity to blame his groping of that driver on too many hits to the head. He could have totally got off without a suspension.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
I find it hilarious that a problem that the NFL down played for years is basically the last reason people think of when these guys do things out of character.

Has Brandon done stupid things before? Yes. Have any of these things been to the degree of his current predicament? Hell no. CTE could explain this event and to immediately discredit that view is shameful.

These are still people who literally put their health on the line for our enjoyment, and people seem to denigrate that fact.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":1fwa6yy0 said:
I find it hilarious that a problem that the NFL down played for years is basically the last reason people think of when these guys do things out of character.

Has Brandon done stupid things before? Yes. Have any of these things been to the degree of his current predicament? Hell no. CTE could explain this event and to immediately discredit that view is shameful.

These are still people who literally put their health on the line for our enjoyment, and people seem to denigrate that fact.

Hah! These guys play because they love to legally hit people, love the adrenaline that comes from competition (war, if you wish), and because they get a lot of money to do so. You and I have very little to do with their reasons for playing, even if we pay their bill in the end by our support.

Is this behavior out-of-character for Browner? You have no idea what his character actually is as a baseline. But there is sadly more evidence against it being good than many players. Now, if you heard that Russell Wilson or Tyler Lockett had done something like this, you'd be right about it being "out of character." With Browner? No way.

CTE may have something to do with his behavior; but until it is actually verified, justifying immoral/bad/illegal/etc. behavior by saying "maybe" to a potential cause is dishonest and misleading. And unacceptable behavior doesn't become acceptable, good, justifiable or moral because someone has a disease; it only makes it understandable.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":cd1n7cqn said:
CTE may have something to do with his behavior; but until it is actually verified, justifying immoral/bad/illegal/etc. behavior by saying "maybe" to a potential cause is dishonest and misleading. And unacceptable behavior doesn't become acceptable, good, justifiable or moral because someone has a disease; it only makes it understandable.

Where did I say it would be justifiable?

Also, saying it may be a cause for his behavior is furthering a discussion into something that is a problem in this sport. To disregard this is dishonest and misleading.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Why does having CTE and being a knucklehead have to be mutually exclusive? Maybe CTE is what causes somebody to do knuckleheaded things, but that doesn't mean that those things aren't knuckleheaded. Man I'm so wise. Thank God I'm here to straighten everything out for everyone.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
There is a fair amount of evidence that CTE does the following:

Damages the part of the brain related to impulse control

Damages the part of the brain related to decisioning

Causes mood swings

Causes violent behavior

CTE might not be an 'excuse', it could easily be a 'cause'. Not everyone getting CTE would end up being violent or dangerous, but a certain % would. And people with proclivities could more easily be pushed over the edge. To absolve CTE is just ignorance at this point.