Rams give Cooks crazy money

drrew

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1019338804845535237[/tweet]

Committing to Cooks as one of your core players before he's ever played a down seems foolhardy.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
From a pure stats perspective, he’s been productive everywhere he has been. Playing with Brees and Brady has to help. I haven’t really watched him, though, so I’m not sure if he’s really deserving.

Either way, anextension was inevitable after giving up what they did in trade, but this feels like a lot of Munz.

getnasty

Reaction score
You have to wonder why this is his 3rd team in 4 years?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
getnasty":3sh9ieqw said:
You have to wondering why this is his 3rd team in 4 years?
Exactly. He's not worth that money. At all. He is very one dimensional. He's a lot like Paul Richardson. Can take the top off occasionally, but without Paul's ability for the spectacular catch. Cooks is a very overrated receiver.

sdog1981

Reaction score
For a second I was worried about the Rams.

They added nothing but cancerous powder kegs to the roster this past offseason. This could be the spark that blows the whole locker room up. We are about to see if boy genius can keep the team together, his age will be a liability when trying to talk to players like Shu.

RedAlice

Reaction score
drrew":2uh0f5r4 said:

Committing to Cooks as one of your core players before he's ever played a down seems foolhardy.

I am going to comment to this thread title and this comment before I read any of the rest of the thread:

Shortsited comments. Poster who has no clue. Understand the game.

I will say more after the season.

RedAlice

Reaction score
sdog1981":16bpcnec said:

They added nothing but cancerous powder kegs to the roster this past offseason. This could be the spark that blows the whole locker room up. We are about to see if boy genius can keep the team together, his age will be a liability when trying to talk to players like Shu.

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!

This is like the dumbest comment I have seen on the Rams yet. Well, let's play the games.

Used to be good conversation here.

RedAlice

Reaction score
drrew":1163hzu2 said:

Can we revisit this quote of yours after the season? If we may please.

Jville

Reaction score
"$50.5M guaranteed for injury — $20.5M fully guaranteed at signing" ........... Ya place your bets and takes your chances

I'll simply volunteer that every team is unique and every player is unique so every fit and outcome is unique. I would think La La Land is ecstatic over the news.

kobebryant

Reaction score
sdog1981":qzq3lyx3 said:

While the defense certainly has combustible elements I think Wade Phillips is the perfect guy to keep it rolling along. We saw here in Seattle first hand that a defense can be great with "powder kegs" as long as they are winning and have strong leadership in place.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Cooks has always been pretty damn good.

He was great at Oregon State.

He wasn't just good because of Drew or Tom.

Cooks will continue to be very good on the Rams.

Chapow

Reaction score
RedAlice":c34zjynn said:

Real nice. The person complaining that there used to be good conversation here, thereby implying that there isn't anymore, has this to contribute.

I am going to comment to this thread title and this comment before I read any of the rest of the thread:

Shortsited comments. Poster who has no clue. Understand the game.

I will say more after the season.

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!

This is like the dumbest comment I have seen on the Rams yet. Well, let's play the games.

Can we revisit this quote of yours after the season? If we may please.

So you have nothing of substance to say, or, won't say until after the season for some unknown reason, and apparently you're just here to sling insults while complaining about the quality of the conversation?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The interesting thing is that this money doesn't kick in until AFTER this season. This season he's playing for his "paltry" $8 million.

Why that's interesting is that the Rams have a ton of space the next few years. My bet is that they're going to commit to Gurley, Cooks, Goff and Donald for about half the cap - then turnover other positions using draft picks.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1qora92g said:
The implosion is gonna' be fun to watch.

Doubtful that there will be an implosion. Cooks is a good locker room guy - paying him is a good thing. And if you look at the Rams cap situation they have plenty of it for the next few years.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1bw8z48x said:
Way too many psycho's on that team, and way too many guys to pay.

they have only gotten better. Not every team has to be built for a dynasty — obviously some of these guys will move on and get paid more elsewhere next year or the year after. But, they have a real shot at winning it all right now, and that’s really all you can hope for as a fan of the team.

Lots of wild personalities, but as long as they win and no one gets suspended, they should be better than fine.