Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rams give Cooks crazy money

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:11 am
  • Cooks was a " me first" distraction in New Orleans and I predict that he won't last all that long as a Ram.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4060
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:27 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:^^^ Gurley will almost definitely regress, and there’s a chance that despite the nice individual pieces the secondary doesn’t come together. They’re also weak at linebacker.

    If they’re as good as they were last year this will have been worth it, IMO (once you get to the playoffs it’s pretty flukey, IMO).




    I agree on Gurley, at least from a numbers perspective. RBs rarely have back to back years like what he did last year.

    But I don't agree on the secondary. Talib played for Philips for years, and Robey-Coleman, Joyner and Johnson were all here last year and were all very, very good. That really makes Peters as the only newcomer, and Wade is known for tweaking his defenses to maximize the skillset of his players.

    As for the LBs, that is the one area of weakness - but what people have to realize is we were one of the worse run defenses last year, and it was mostly because of our NT and Alec Ogletree. Suh over Ethan Westbrooks is a massive upgrade and will have a positive influence on the LBs; getting rid of Ogletree (who rated 2nd to last in run defense among MLBs last year) is addition by subtraction.

    Edge rush from the LB spot is something of a concern - we drafted Ebukam last year with an eye on him taking over, and the goal is for him to start. We also threw four draft picks at the LB spots, so I think we will be fine there.

    And I'm excited about Cory Littleton starting along with Mark Barron, who was very good last year. Littleton just makes plays.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:59 pm
  • Why does the media consistently list Ogletree as a top ILB? I know he was great at chasing Russ down, but otherwise he isn't a very good LB.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:11 pm
  • Rams in a Superbowl? I'll believe it when I see it. Every year I hear about how the Niners or Cards were going to be so special. And then the games get played. No difference here. Wake me up when they win a playoff game.
    User avatar
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2648
    Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 pm
  • Which they haven't done since 2004
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10455
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:07 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if this was Dream Team 2.0.


    Dream Team was an Olympic Basketball team, they tried calling the Eagles that a few years ago and shut up after they lost early in the season.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25086
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:19 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if this was Dream Team 2.0.


    Dream Team was an Olympic Basketball team, they tried calling the Eagles that a few years ago and shut up after they lost early in the season.

    Read for context, Chris. This is the NFL Nation forum. 8)
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30025
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I just dunno with the Rams.

    I mean, on paper they are damn scary and its not like they were bad last year and added a bunch of guys. They were GOOD last year and added a bunch of guys.

    The only thing that gives me pause tho is that the guys they got were all viewed as expendable by their original teams...and in some cases more than once.

    Now maybe they all behave and the Rams are lights out. Dunno. After all, the same can be said of Richard Sherman in SF this year.

    I really don't know what to make of it all. Should be an interesting season.




    I think you need context when you say they were viewed as "expendable" - both the Broncos and Dolphins know they aren't contending any time soon - I would guess that trading Talib and releasing Suh - who were both every good last year - was more about those teams moving forward with a rebuild and giving those guys opportunities to play for a better team.

    Cooks got them a first round pick, so not really in the expendable category.

    Peters is the big one though - in fact, the other three are wrongly being put into the same category as Peters IMO. Suh has some dirty plays on the field, and Talib with Crabtree - but combined those three haven't been the headache that Peters has.

    And what's important to point out is that the Rams defense was actually pretty good last year with bad scheme fits. Talib is a big upgrade over Trumaine Johnson, especially in this scheme.


    However your last line, I do agree with. I don't believe a top team has ever added the type of talent the Rams added this season. The comparisons to the Eagles "dream team" are poor IMO.


    Yeah...I don't buy that logic on Talib and Suh. There is no question they are good players and I'm not suggesting otherwise....but the Broncos let Talib go for a reason. The Dolphins let Suh go for a reason. Its not because they are bad teams.

    This isn't just on the Rams either because the Seahawks let Sherman go for a reason. I'm not pinning this just on the Rams...just sayin I don't know what to make of it all.

    Cooks? Yeah...that one is just suspect to me. Its not that I don't think he's good. Its that TWO teams have now traded him away. That's odd.

    Don't even get me started on Peters, but the TALENT is undeniable.

    I'm not saying it won't work out. Maybe McVay and Phillips are exactly what those guys need...but I just dunno. On paper it looks like the should be the SB favorite, but it don't always work out that way.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6131
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:05 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:

    Yeah...I don't buy that logic on Talib and Suh. There is no question they are good players and I'm not suggesting otherwise....but the Broncos let Talib go for a reason. The Dolphins let Suh go for a reason. Its not because they are bad teams.

    This isn't just on the Rams either because the Seahawks let Sherman go for a reason. I'm not pinning this just on the Rams...just sayin I don't know what to make of it all.

    Cooks? Yeah...that one is just suspect to me. Its not that I don't think he's good. Its that TWO teams have now traded him away. That's odd.

    Don't even get me started on Peters, but the TALENT is undeniable.

    I'm not saying it won't work out. Maybe McVay and Phillips are exactly what those guys need...but I just dunno. On paper it looks like the should be the SB favorite, but it don't always work out that way.



    Football is the ultimate TEAM sport.

    That means every player has to buy in and work with each other, and have each other's back. It also, more than any other sport, requires a level of communication and comradeship among players. Guys like Suh and Peters don't play well with others. Suh is especially notorious for stunting on plays and leaving his linebackers and fellow linemen totally exposed--- allowing running backs to hit the second level unchecked. He's INFAMOUS for blatantly ignoring his defensive coordinator's calls... and doing his own thing to pad his own statistics and make himself look good. In the first 5 games of his Miami career the offensive teams he played against averaged 15 yards per rushing attempt every time Suh was off script, which was about a dozen or more plays per game, and Miami ended up dead last in run defense as a result. Suh essentially has Albert Haynesworth disease... he's not a bad presence in the locker room, but on the field he honestly doesn't give a crap about his teammates.

    Suh will not do the right thing to allow another defensive player to make the play, which is something the Rams have been good about doing for Aaron Donald. They've had nothing but selfless players on that line... guys like Long (formerly) and Brockers will dig in and play in a way that helps Donald make the most of his talent. Suh will not do that. He'll say to himself "screw Donald, I'm the MAN here..."

    Players are who they are. There's a reason that Detroit and then Miami let him walk.

    Talent is no good when you think you know better than your coaches and you don't set your teammates up to succeed.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1956
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:40 am
  • The Rams are the champs on paper. Meh
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10455
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:51 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I just dunno with the Rams.

    I mean, on paper they are damn scary and its not like they were bad last year and added a bunch of guys. They were GOOD last year and added a bunch of guys.

    The only thing that gives me pause tho is that the guys they got were all viewed as expendable by their original teams...and in some cases more than once.

    Now maybe they all behave and the Rams are lights out. Dunno. After all, the same can be said of Richard Sherman in SF this year.

    I really don't know what to make of it all. Should be an interesting season.




    I think you need context when you say they were viewed as "expendable" - both the Broncos and Dolphins know they aren't contending any time soon - I would guess that trading Talib and releasing Suh - who were both every good last year - was more about those teams moving forward with a rebuild and giving those guys opportunities to play for a better team.

    Cooks got them a first round pick, so not really in the expendable category.

    Peters is the big one though - in fact, the other three are wrongly being put into the same category as Peters IMO. Suh has some dirty plays on the field, and Talib with Crabtree - but combined those three haven't been the headache that Peters has.

    And what's important to point out is that the Rams defense was actually pretty good last year with bad scheme fits. Talib is a big upgrade over Trumaine Johnson, especially in this scheme.


    However your last line, I do agree with. I don't believe a top team has ever added the type of talent the Rams added this season. The comparisons to the Eagles "dream team" are poor IMO.


    Yeah...I don't buy that logic on Talib and Suh. There is no question they are good players and I'm not suggesting otherwise....but the Broncos let Talib go for a reason. The Dolphins let Suh go for a reason. Its not because they are bad teams.

    This isn't just on the Rams either because the Seahawks let Sherman go for a reason. I'm not pinning this just on the Rams...just sayin I don't know what to make of it all.

    Cooks? Yeah...that one is just suspect to me. Its not that I don't think he's good. Its that TWO teams have now traded him away. That's odd.

    Don't even get me started on Peters, but the TALENT is undeniable.

    I'm not saying it won't work out. Maybe McVay and Phillips are exactly what those guys need...but I just dunno. On paper it looks like the should be the SB favorite, but it don't always work out that way.




    Saying it doesn't always work out that way - I know what you mean. The issue with that is, I don't think a team that was already one of the best in the NFL has ever added that many all pro caliber players in one offseason. So I don't think we've ever seen anything quite like this.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:54 am
  • HansGruber wrote:Rams in a Superbowl? I'll believe it when I see it. Every year I hear about how the Niners or Cards were going to be so special. And then the games get played. No difference here. Wake me up when they win a playoff game.



    I suppose that's what people say about every team that's been bad for years before turning into a good team
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 747
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:29 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if this was Dream Team 2.0.


    Dream Team was an Olympic Basketball team, they tried calling the Eagles that a few years ago and shut up after they lost early in the season.

    Read for context, Chris. This is the NFL Nation forum. 8)



    See the thread in the Shack :) we all know context is important but the Dream Team started with that Olympic team and they keep trying to label other teams with that Moniker, There was only one in my mind and it was in a different sport.


    Now Buying a Championship, recruiting an all star or pro bowl team if you will I can go with that.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25086
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:09 pm
  • Wade Phillips is a HoF DC. If there's anyone in the league who can get that defense in shape, it's him. Again, it just sounds like a lot of wishcasting and self-convincing because the Rams are better than us. But it's only on paper so it doesn't matter? The whole point of prognosticating is that you don't know what's going to happen, you just try to make an educated, logical guess. I don't see "Rams implosion impending theory" as very plausible.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:42 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if this was Dream Team 2.0.


    This is a popular comment by casual fans right now, surprised someone with your knowledge is latching onto it.

    Rams do have many elite and potential problem personalities in their locker room now who have not played together, but honestly the differences between that situation and this one seems pretty vast.

    Unless you would like to show me how they are more similar than different?
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:49 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Wade Phillips is a HoF DC. If there's anyone in the league who can get that defense in shape, it's him. Again, it just sounds like a lot of wishcasting and self-convincing because the Rams are better than us. But it's only on paper so it doesn't matter? The whole point of prognosticating is that you don't know what's going to happen, you just try to make an educated, logical guess. I don't see "Rams implosion impending theory" as very plausible.


    So well put, adleltaY.

    No one knows yet, games have to be played and we have to see how this D can gel. And, it is true that there are now a few unknowns in the Rams locker room.

    I’ve personally been impressed with what I’ve seen during the off-season so far. Looking forward to seeing more as camp starts.

    Suh, seems quite more serious than I expected. Both off the field and in reports of practice. I dont’t think he will be trying to upstage or disrespect Donald, at all. That may just be the player he needs to play with to bring out the best in him. And, yes Wade as well.

    I’ve seen nothing but positive re Peters also. Him and Talib seem to be working together quite well.

    I know most other team’s fans are not paying attention to this detail, but I am feeling kinda hopeful that Wade can and will pull the best out of these players together.

    But yes, heat of the game and competition and all that is yet to be experienced.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:31 pm
  • onanygivensunday wrote:Cooks was a " me first" distraction in New Orleans and I predict that he won't last all that long as a Ram.


    I predict he will last a long time as a Ram.

    I’ve asked many Pats fans why he was let go, and ZERO was because of any locker room issues, play or else. They loved him. It was $.

    I will take that over whatever you think happened in NO.

    His wife was with him at this signing - a beautiful, looks like a down-to-earth kinda just beauty. I doubt he’s the kind of guy you are making him out to be based on facts I can see.

    He’s also been great at practice so far.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:35 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

    Yeah...I don't buy that logic on Talib and Suh. There is no question they are good players and I'm not suggesting otherwise....but the Broncos let Talib go for a reason. The Dolphins let Suh go for a reason. Its not because they are bad teams.

    This isn't just on the Rams either because the Seahawks let Sherman go for a reason. I'm not pinning this just on the Rams...just sayin I don't know what to make of it all.

    Cooks? Yeah...that one is just suspect to me. Its not that I don't think he's good. Its that TWO teams have now traded him away. That's odd.

    Don't even get me started on Peters, but the TALENT is undeniable.

    I'm not saying it won't work out. Maybe McVay and Phillips are exactly what those guys need...but I just dunno. On paper it looks like the should be the SB favorite, but it don't always work out that way.



    Football is the ultimate TEAM sport.

    That means every player has to buy in and work with each other, and have each other's back. It also, more than any other sport, requires a level of communication and comradeship among players. Guys like Suh and Peters don't play well with others. Suh is especially notorious for stunting on plays and leaving his linebackers and fellow linemen totally exposed--- allowing running backs to hit the second level unchecked. He's INFAMOUS for blatantly ignoring his defensive coordinator's calls... and doing his own thing to pad his own statistics and make himself look good. In the first 5 games of his Miami career the offensive teams he played against averaged 15 yards per rushing attempt every time Suh was off script, which was about a dozen or more plays per game, and Miami ended up dead last in run defense as a result. Suh essentially has Albert Haynesworth disease... he's not a bad presence in the locker room, but on the field he honestly doesn't give a crap about his teammates.

    Suh will not do the right thing to allow another defensive player to make the play, which is something the Rams have been good about doing for Aaron Donald. They've had nothing but selfless players on that line... guys like Long (formerly) and Brockers will dig in and play in a way that helps Donald make the most of his talent. Suh will not do that. He'll say to himself "screw Donald, I'm the MAN here..."

    Players are who they are. There's a reason that Detroit and then Miami let him walk.

    Talent is no good when you think you know better than your coaches and you don't set your teammates up to succeed.


    Do agree talent is no good under those circumstances. I do not believe those circumstances exist with the Rams, but that is why the games are played. Look forward to re visiting this assessment later.

    AGREE that it is the ultimate TEAM sport.

    As you well know with the Hawks.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:01 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if this was Dream Team 2.0.


    This is a popular comment by casual fans right now, surprised someone with your knowledge is latching onto it.

    Rams do have many elite and potential problem personalities in their locker room now who have not played together, but honestly the differences between that situation and this one seems pretty vast.

    Unless you would like to show me how they are more similar than different?

    There's a considerable difference between something not surprising me should it come to fruition, and expecting it. I'm not expecting it.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30025
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:02 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Wouldn't surprise me if this was Dream Team 2.0.


    This is a popular comment by casual fans right now, surprised someone with your knowledge is latching onto it.

    Rams do have many elite and potential problem personalities in their locker room now who have not played together, but honestly the differences between that situation and this one seems pretty vast.

    Unless you would like to show me how they are more similar than different?

    There's a considerable difference between something not surprising me should it come to fruition, and expecting it. I'm not expecting it.


    Ok, so I see you do not know the difference. I’m good with that.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:52 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:Ok, so I see you do not know the difference. I’m good with that.

    I love it when you talk down to me. Do it again.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30025
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:12 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Ok, so I see you do not know the difference. I’m good with that.

    I love it when you talk down to me. Do it again.


    I don’t take out the whips and chains until the sub is proven worthy.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:22 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Ok, so I see you do not know the difference. I’m good with that.

    I love it when you talk down to me. Do it again.


    I don’t take out the whips and chains until the sub is proven worthy.


    Whips with Roland won't matter much, now a pair of small bolt cutters taken to the spokes on his Bike, there would be torture for him :P
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25086
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:30 pm
  • He now lives in my hometown. I think the heat will do more to the spokes of his bike riding than I could do.

    My point remains. Call Rams a possible or maybe Dream Team 2.0 with no facts. That’s weak.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:36 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:He now lives in my hometown. I think the heat will do more to the spokes of his bike riding than I could do.

    My point remains. Call Rams a possible or maybe Dream Team 2.0 with no facts. That’s weak.


    As it stands right now they remond me of what Steinbrenner did with the Yankees for years, many years it worked and others it didn't, get all these stars going forward with momentum and it could be a great thing for the Rams, hit a bump and infighting happens and you could see a big ugly.

    The difference is the Yankees had history and a Culture, Rams not so much with all the changes in the last 20 years.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25086
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:49 pm
  • Good input Chris. I know zero on the Yankees.

    I do know the current status and culture of the Rams.

    However, it’s not you who said this.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Rams give Cooks crazy money
Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:50 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:Cooks was a " me first" distraction in New Orleans and I predict that he won't last all that long as a Ram.


    I predict he will last a long time as a Ram.

    I’ve asked many Pats fans why he was let go, and ZERO was because of any locker room issues, play or else. They loved him. It was $.

    I will take that over whatever you think happened in NO.

    His wife was with him at this signing - a beautiful, looks like a down-to-earth kinda just beauty. I doubt he’s the kind of guy you are making him out to be based on facts I can see.

    He’s also been great at practice so far.


    What we think happened in New Orleans? No, it's what we know happened in New Orleans. You must've skipped over my first reply to Ramfan128 on the first page, here I'll save you the hassle of having to track it down and quote it here for you...

    IronSaint wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:Doubtful that there will be an implosion. Cooks is a good locker room guy - paying him is a good thing. And if you look at the Rams cap situation they have plenty of it for the next few years.


    Because crying about his lack of targets in a blowout win screams "team first" and promotes locker room chemistry, right?

    ESPN: Brandin Cooks hints at frustration after getting zero targets Sunday

    PFT: Brandin Cooks is growing frustrated with Saints’ offense

    Brandin Cooks reportedly growing upset with role in Saints offense

    This was after a 49-21 blowout win against, ironically enough, your Rams in 2016. At that point in 2016, he was 3rd in receptions/game and targets/game behind Michael Thomas and Willie Snead IV. Wonder if he'll be all hunky dory as the 3rd option behind the establish rapports Goff has with Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp or if he'll revert to his old ways and throw a temper tantrum like a giant toddler again...


    His crybaby, me-first attitude was on full display and well-documented after the trouncing y'all took in the Dome in 2016 and he couldn't handle being shown up and out-produced by a rookie. A rookie that is an actual #1 receiver and not a one-trick-pony.

    "onanygivensunday" is a regular poster on SaintsReport so he is more than familiar with Cooks as well. Much more than those Patriots fans who've watched him for literally less than a calendar year.

    However, I do find it hilarious that you assume he must be a character guy just because you find his wife attractive. lolwut?
    Image

    pehawk wrote:I have a boner, right now, as I type this.


    :les:
    User avatar
    IronSaint
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 349
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:23 pm
    Location: New Orleans


Previous


It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online