Sherman badly burned - looks like he lost about 4 steps

toffee

Reaction score
SeahawkTalons":15u5ul73 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Rob_Lowder/status/1023627908647010304[/tweet]

Whoa

Did Sherm make a press conference about the incident? or at least addressed it in one of his social media outlets? If he hasn't, then the video was fake news for sure. Or it must be Pete Carrol's fault because Sherm had 'how to help Pete solve Hawk's lost her ways' on his mind when the video incident happened.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sherm was not stretching that out, look at how he is running, he may be practicing but he isn't running full speed yet or maybe on that one drill. He is running almost upright not driving his legs and pumping them. In fact he looks like he is running almost flat footed.

toffee

Reaction score
That WR, Marquise Goodwin ran his 40 in 4.27 sec https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquise_Goodwin if Sherm didn't jam him at the line, no way Sherm can catch him once Goodwin breaks open; In fact, few CBs could catch him in a foot race, certainly not an aging Sherm.

but the most important thing coming out of this video? That reporter Rob Lowser better watch out, Sherm will get him and end his career. Guaranteed.

rlkats

Reaction score
One on one, man he was blown away. It goes to show all it’s not one person that makes a great D. Wow he looked painfully slow. Hopefully he took that one off lol.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd laugh pretty hard if Sherman never recovers after the 49ers sign their arch nemesis away from us, lol.

Marvin49

Reaction score
toffee":3pxd1rx6 said:
That WR, Marquise Goodwin ran his 40 in 4.27 sec https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marquise_Goodwin if Sherm didn't jam him at the line, no way Sherm can catch him once Goodwin breaks open; In fact, few CBs could catch him in a foot race, certainly not an aging Sherm.

but the most important thing coming out of this video? That reporter Rob Lowser better watch out, Sherm will get him and end his career. Guaranteed.

Kinda beat me to it.

Might be that Sherman HAS lost several steps and is nothing close to the CB he once was. That is entirely possible.

However...

Just to be fair...

1) The dude he was covering is literally and Olympian. Even in his prime I don't think Sherman would have been able to keep up if he misses the Jam at the line.

2) This was his first padded rep ever post surgery. He's gonna be rusty and even though he's a full go in practice that doesn't mean he's all the way back to where he will eventually be.

Again, could very well be that he's less than a shadow of his former self, but I'm really not sweating one Training Camp rep on a Go Route against a guy who runs 4.27. :D

Also should be noted that Sherman wasn't the only guy Goodwin burned. He's having himself a camp so far.

For perspective, Goodwin vs Revis in his prime and with a healthy cushion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EqEUD3jJLE

toffee

Reaction score
rlkats":37kvnrb5 said:
One on one, man he was blown away. It goes to show all it’s not one person that makes a great D. Wow he looked painfully slow. Hopefully he took that one off lol.

You bet OCs are watching this clip and planning some fast WR on Sherm. On the other hand, it wasn't a serious play, Sherm didn't jam Goodwin at the line, he just allowed him to slip pass. And of course it was the safety's fault for not being there.

Marvin49

Reaction score
2_0_6":1pcv54w2 said:
Sherms gonna quickly understand how different things are with no Earl behind him

Could be true but don't sleep on Adrian Colbert. Honestly Safety isn't really my concern. I like Colbert and Tartt. My concern is pass rush...Leo specifically.

Also...I'm really wondering what the Seahawks D looks like with no Sherman, Chancellor and possibly no Earl.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He’s coming off a ruptured Achilles and two surgeries on each of his Achilles. There is a reason it is named after Greek mythology. Even the best athletes struggle to return from that injury. It all but ended Kobe Bryant’s basketball career, making him twice as slow. Isiah Thomas was another. Studies have shown that NFL players have an average of 50% less power after Achilles surgery, and 30% never play again.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Didnt goodwin almost become an Olympic sprinter a couple years back? Didnt sherman just come off a major surgery? Isnt this training camp??

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":o3xo7qgw said:
He’s coming off a ruptured Achilles and two surgeries on each of his Achilles. There is a reason it is named after Greek mythology. Even the best athletes struggle to return from that injury. It all but ended Kobe Bryant’s basketball career, making him twice as slow. Isiah Thomas was another. Studies have shown that NFL players have an average of 50% less power after Achilles surgery, and 30% never play again.

This why the Hawks let him go for the money he was wanting..Too much risk

adeltaY

Reaction score
My lord why are so many of our fans invested I sherman failing? The dude is coming back from an injury that ends careers on the regular. Embarrassing to see the joy evident in some of these posts.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Marvin49":19369ikr said:
2_0_6":19369ikr said:
Sherms gonna quickly understand how different things are with no Earl behind him

Could be true but don't sleep on Adrian Colbert. Honestly Safety isn't really my concern. I like Colbert and Tartt. My concern is pass rush...Leo specifically.

Also...I'm really wondering what the Seahawks D looks like with no Sherman, Chancellor and possibly no Earl.

To add to this, the Niners play primarily cover three right? The FS doesn't cover the same deep third in that coverage so explain how Earl covered for Sherm? If anything Sherm allowed Earl to cheat to the other side assuming there was nothing occupying him in the deep middle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And even when he does get burned, and he will......it will somehow not be his fault :lol:
I hope he plays VERY well against the Rams and Cards :irishdrinkers: