Dak Prescott
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck

adeltaY

Reaction score
Solid list. Add in Wentz. I see a lot of talk about him being top 5 and the players had him at #3 for all players this year. It's too soon

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1obxfwa8 said:
Here's my list (not necessarily in order) -

Kirk Cousins
Ryan Tannehill
Jimmy Grappolo
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck

How is Kirk Cousins overrated?

Picked 27 picks after Wilson

They are the two best QBs from that 2012 draft class

Cousins had to sit behind RG3 for pretty much 3 years before becoming the starter but look at the last 3 years

Cousins
1132/1689
13,167 yards
81TD/36INT

Last 3 years QB rating 101.6, 97.2, 93.9

Wilson
1021/1582
12,226 yards
89TD/30INT

Last 3 years QB rating 110, 92.6, 95,4

Id say Cousins is rated fairly appropriately when you match up his stats to Wilsons.

He also has 13 rushing TDs last 3 years compared to only 5 for Russ

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
adeltaY":1fuu2qc7 said:
Solid list. Add in Wentz. I see a lot of talk about him being top 5 and the players had him at #3 for all players this year. It's too soon

Wilson 34 TDs 11 INTs 3983 yards 95.4 rating
Wentz 33 Tds 7 INTs 3296 yards 101.9 rating

Wentz played 13 games. I would hardly call him overrated. He has a better overall team to work with though while Wilson has to turn water into wine and should have been MVP IMO.

adeltaY

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":15i5pmjs said:
adeltaY":15i5pmjs said:

Wentz played 13 games. I would hardly call him overrated. He has a better overall team to work with though while Wilson has to turn water into wine and should have been MVP IMO.

Single season TD/INT ratio without context is one of the most overrated stats we have. Wentz had a top 3 OL even after Peters went down, one of the best play callers in the league, and his backup won SB MVP. Oh and a very productive run game. We will have to wait at least a couple more seasons to say he's top 5. To say that now based on one great season and one meh one is too much too soon.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
adeltaY":w64d5cb1 said:
A.D.I.D.A.S.":w64d5cb1 said:
adeltaY":w64d5cb1 said:

Single season TD/INT ratio without context is one of the most overrated stats we have. Wentz had a top 3 OL even after Peters went down, one of the best play callers in the league, and his backup won SB MVP. Oh and a very productive run game. We will have to wait at least a couple more seasons to say he's top 5. To say that now based on one great season and one meh one is too much too soon.
I don't think he is overrated though lol. Now Matt Ryan, Yep lol.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Where do you have him? Top 5? I'd put ICE in there above Wentz actually haha. His MVP season was much better than Wentz's too.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
adeltaY":1r2e9pim said:
Where do you have him? Top 5? I'd put ICE in there above Wentz actually haha. His MVP season was much better than Wentz's too.
I'd say top 10 I don't think he is overrated though JMO. I'd put him over Matty choke.

adeltaY

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":1vqgukgm said:
adeltaY":1vqgukgm said:
I'd say top 10 I don't think he is overrated though JMO. I'd put him over Matty choke.

Yeah I can see top 10 for Wentz, contingent upon a full recovery from his ACL/LCL injuries. I was saying those who have him top 5 already (see this quite frequently) are getting ahead of themselves.

If you're referring to the SB loss to the Pats, it's harsh to put that mainly on Matt. I think he took a sack or two when he should've avoided it, but the loss came largely due to playcalling, bad defense, and bad luck. They could've kneeled the ball three times in a row in FG range and won that game but they chose to pass... Ryan was close to flawless in that game.

OP
OP
hawkfan68

hawkfan68

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":14jn3xgz said:
hawkfan68":14jn3xgz said:
Here's my list (not necessarily in order) -

Kirk Cousins
Ryan Tannehill
Jimmy Grappolo
Patrick Mahomes
Dak Prescott
Andy Dalton
Joe Flacco
Jameis Winston
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck

How is Kirk Cousins overrated?

Picked 27 picks after Wilson

They are the two best QBs from that 2012 draft class

Cousins had to sit behind RG3 for pretty much 3 years before becoming the starter but look at the last 3 years

Cousins
1132/1689
13,167 yards
81TD/36INT

Last 3 years QB rating 101.6, 97.2, 93.9

Wilson
1021/1582
12,226 yards
89TD/30INT

Last 3 years QB rating 110, 92.6, 95,4

Id say Cousins is rated fairly appropriately when you match up his stats to Wilsons.

He also has 13 rushing TDs last 3 years compared to only 5 for Russ

Here's the question -

Is Cousins worth $28M a year? I don't believe so. That's why he's overrated in my opinion.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Cousins has great stats, but ask Redskins fans, he hasn't played great when he needs to and has major issues with redzone turnovers. He also had a pretty great supporting cast except for last year when everyone got hurt. Great OL, great receiver Corp, great TEs and a really good play caller in Gruden. Their defense has sucked and that has forced him to throw more to pile up stats and contributed to some losses. He's not as bad as some say and he's probs just below the top 10 so I agree he's not overrated.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seems a little unfair to put Mahomes on that list. Is he really "rated" by anybody? He hasn't even played yet.

I'd put Jon Ryan on the underrated list. Dude has a sick passer rating!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Johnny Manziel just threw 4 interceptions in the first half of his cfl debut. Can’t believe he was a 1st round pick.

pmedic920

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1ys1ugra said:
Johnny Manziel just threw 4 interceptions in the first half of his cfl debut. Can’t believe he was a 1st round pick.

And he got benched in that game.

I’ve got a thread in the Shack if you want to poke some fun.