Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Division Rivals

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Division Rivals
Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:08 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Savior not looking good

He is not getting help. 2 drops in the end zone for TD’s and another long pass to a wide open tight end dropped.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:25 am
  • I love dante pettis already
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:29 am
  • Jimmy G is pretty good, but he plays too sloppy right now. Hoping he doesn't clean that up.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:39 am
  • LMAO!

The denialzone is already making excuses for JimmyGQ’s pick six. Saying the receiver fell down was the reason for the pick when the corner clearly jumped the route in front of him.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:40 am
  • SF49r wrote:I love dante pettis already

He’s great when on the field, being healthy is his biggest weakness.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:46 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:LMAO!

The denialzone is already making excuses for JimmyGQ’s pick six. Saying the receiver fell down was the reason for the pick when the corner clearly jumped the route in front of him.

Both pics his fault. 3 passed dropped for TD’s not his fault. Man the dropped passes are killing him. Not to mention a RB fumbling on the 1yard line
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:LMAO!

Both pics his fault. 3 passed dropped for TD’s not his fault. Man the dropped passes are killing him. Not to mention a RB fumbling on the 1yard line

Yep. Can always count on you for the realistic Niners fan’s POV. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:15 pm
  • It doesn't help to have to put your rookie RT at guard or lose your number 1 WR, nor does it help to go against the best defense in the league, or to have two dropped touchdowns.

But Jimmy G made too many inaccurate throws and too many stupid decisions. Overall, an 8 point loss against the Vikings is good, IMHO. Because the Vikings are going to win 13 games again.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:16 pm

The true fault was the pressure (due to the number one and number two guard being down and basically a practice squad player at RT), but his idiotic decision to throw it instead of take the sack didn't help.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:16 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:It doesn't help to have to put your rookie RT at guard or lose your number 1 WR, nor does it help to go against the best defense in the league, or to have two dropped touchdowns.

But Jimmy G made too many inaccurate throws and too many stupid decisions. Overall, an 8 point loss against the Vikings is good, IMHO. Because the Vikings are going to win 13 games again.

I would put money on the Vikings not going to the SB. The Niners gave up a pick 6 and dropped 3 TD passes. I’m not impressed with them.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:08 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:It doesn't help to have to put your rookie RT at guard or lose your number 1 WR, nor does it help to go against the best defense in the league, or to have two dropped touchdowns.

I would put money on the Vikings not going to the SB. The Niners gave up a pick 6 and dropped 3 TD passes. I’m not impressed with them.

That's because you're underestimating the quality of the 49ers defense.

Three first round picks on the defensive line. Sherman is still better than average. Two good young safeties. A good second year cb on the outside and a good slot corner in K'waun Williams, Fred Warner is a steal. That's a quality defense.

The 49ers defense will be top 12. Mark it down.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:56 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    rlkats wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:It doesn't help to have to put your rookie RT at guard or lose your number 1 WR, nor does it help to go against the best defense in the league, or to have two dropped touchdowns.

That's because you're underestimating the quality of the 49ers defense.

Three first round picks on the defensive line. Sherman is still better than average. Two good young safeties. A good second year cb on the outside and a good slot corner in K'waun Williams, Fred Warner is a steal. That's a quality defense.

The 49ers defense will be top 12. Mark it down.

Maybe I am. And God I hope your correct haha
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:06 pm
  • Food for thought.
    The Rams are in first place and they haven't even played a single game yet. We're certainly making it easy for them already.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:45 am
  • Jimmy G impressed me, not gonna lie.

Yes, he threw some bad picks, but that was on the road against maybe the best defense in the NFL.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:54 am

For the record, the WR falling down didn't help, but the real problem was the WR ran the wrong route. It was a hot read and WR was supposed to cut inside not outside...IE, the defender shouldn't have been ABLE to jump it like that. WOrst case it should have been incomplete, not a pick 6.

Bourne (the WR in question) admitted such after the game.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:59 am
  • So how are Niner fans feeling about their game this week?

How about Seahawk fans?

I imagine Niner fans are feeling good seeing the Lions get crushed on Monday
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:54 am
  • I am more nervous about this game than last game. Last game most people expected a loss. This game against the Lions everyone is expecting a win. I think the Lions are much better than they showed on Monday. Pick 6, Punt return TD, 4 other INTS, missed FGs and the game gets out of hand. Their run offense and defense looks suspect though. The 49ers need this game as the next few weeks after get much harder.
    94Smith
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:19 pm
  • Niners game: shootout - I don't think Stafford will be as bad and will put up points, but Niners get the W against a suspect Lions defense

Rams/Cards game: Starts off competitive (division games typically do) and then the Rams pull away and destroy the Cards. DJ picks up some solid garbage time points for my fantasy team :mrgreen:

Seahawks game: Same as Hawks/Broncos game - could just as easily be a win for the hawks as it could be a loss.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:36 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:I am more nervous about this game than last game. Last game most people expected a loss. This game against the Lions everyone is expecting a win. I think the Lions are much better than they showed on Monday. Pick 6, Punt return TD, 4 other INTS, missed FGs and the game gets out of hand. Their run offense and defense looks suspect though. The 49ers need this game as the next few weeks after get much harder.

Both teams need this game.

Niners do not want to be facing 0-2 and massive no play-off odds and Patricia needs to show some control of his team.
    It’s one of the more interesting games this week.

Agree w everything you said.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:39 pm
  • Myself, I’m over excited to be back at the Coliseum, see my babies play live and tailgate w Rams fans I adore and post with.

Third year, and this is still just an awesome thing. :179417:
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

Niners sneaking up.

So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.

Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

- If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half

What is the definition of BEST QB in the NFCW?

Shall we check stats from W1? Or W2?

We have 15 games to go. Let’s define it.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:59 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:The 49ers defense will be top 12. Mark it down.

By points allowed, right? I had to correct Marvin on yards allowed being a ridiculous (and another R-word that I can't say) metric to measure defensive quality by previously. ;)

Top 37.5% of the league is a little on the generous side for a prediction, but that would definitely be a solid defense.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:19 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:The 49ers defense will be top 12. Mark it down.

By points allowed, right? I had to correct Marvin on yards allowed being a ridiculous (and another R-word that I can't say) metric to measure defensive quality by previously. ;)

Top 37.5% of the league is a little on the generous side for a prediction, but that would definitely be a solid defense.

I actually prefer yards allowed if we're talking about how a defense will perform in the future.

Rams/Raiders game is a good example: while we "free-styled" on defense as Talib said, that had nothing to do with the extremely poor tackling at times throughout the game - if not for an underthrown pass that was picked off in the endzone, that could have been a TD. So the Rams went from allowing 20 points to 13, just because of one pass - there are a dozen QBs who would NOT have underthrown that ball, and as such, the Rams having a top 5 defense by points per game does not accurately reflect how poorly the defense played at times throughout the game.

Basically I think that points are sort of random at times - but yards are consistent.

Another example of this is people that keep saying the Rams had the "number one offense" last season - we scored the most points as a TEAM, but offensively A LOT of those points were set up by (or scored by) defense/special teams - I would not say that the Rams had the best offense in the NFL last year. We struggled too much against elite defenses.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 am
  • There's always defensive DVOA, which is better than both. Drive success rate against, yards per drive, points per drive, are also better.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:49 am
  • adeltaY wrote:There's always defensive DVOA, which is better than both. Drive success rate against, yards per drive, points per drive, are also better.

True, but last season I felt like they were too favorable toward the Rams. We finished 6th but at one point were first.

There were games where that made sense last season - but there were some games where our defense got smoked.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:08 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:It doesn't help to have to put your rookie RT at guard or lose your number 1 WR, nor does it help to go against the best defense in the league, or to have two dropped touchdowns.

So Vikings are absolutely the BEST defense in the league?

You can’t use that excuse again, you know.

And um, you might just want to later.,..
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:11 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:

I thought the best defense in the league is whoever plays the bills that week?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:30 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:

I thought the best defense in the league is whoever plays the bills that week?

Haha. Bosa is out. So let’s see this week...

I was just making fun of Niner fans and their excuses.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:47 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:And a she

Well that part we’re not so sure about... allegedly
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:52 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:And a she

Um......

Well. You can see me on the ledge of the LA Coliseum as my Avi...

Here

Ramsfansunited.com

I’ll be posting pics from the game tomorrow on that site. Feel free to check out my male anatomy.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:02 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:And a she

Um......

Well. You can see me on the ledge of the LA Coliseum as my Avi...

Here

Ramsfansunited.com

I’ll be posting pics from the game tomorrow on that site. Feel free to check out my male anatomy.

It was a joke lol. Sorry if it didn’t really translate over writing too well
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:44 pm
  • Don’t worry. I talk football better than my lovely gender.

I’m constantly challenged about being a guy on the internets pretending to be a girl.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:52 pm
  • I think we need this for a laugh.

Before Rams either A. Decimate the Cards. Or B. Bradford has the game of his life v the team that destroyed his career as a rookie behind a non existent O line.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkKlzInR4Y

Let’s Ram it!
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:55 pm

The deinalzone? The receiver himself said he ran the wrong route, which left a db in a passing lane he wasn't supposed to be in, and when you found out this was something he actually said, YOU claimed he was lying to protect the image of the QB!

lolololol who is the one in denial? :mrgreen:
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:56 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:I think we need this for a laugh.

Before Rams either A. Decimate the Cards. Or B. Bradford has the game of his life v the team that destroyed his career as a rookie behind a non existent O line.

Let’s Ram it!

There should be a drinking game where everyone drinks every time that video is posted... and it should be posted all the time because it's epic.

"I come from the end, looking for the sack, I don't stop coming till I put em on their back."

It took a lot to resist using u's instead of o's there.

Anyway, hopefully the Rams will come to their senses and either go back to the classic yellow and blue look or go back to the navy and gold of the GSOT years.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:45 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think we need this for a laugh.

Let’s Ram it!

There should be a drinking game where everyone drinks every time that video is posted... and it should be posted all the time because it's epic.

"I come from the end, looking for the sack, I don't stop coming till I put em on their back."

It took a lot to resist using u's instead of o's there.

Anyway, hopefully the Rams will come to their senses and either go back to the classic yellow and blue look or go back to the navy and gold of the GSOT years.

Omg. I am so done with discussing uniform colors. Just win. That said, when I get to the LA Coliseum in the morning I will be given a yellow tank top.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JrO46CJd9ns
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:LMAO!

The deinalzone? The receiver himself said he ran the wrong route, which left a db in a passing lane he wasn't supposed to be in, and when you found out this was something he actually said, YOU claimed he was lying to protect the image of the QB!

lolololol who is the one in denial? :mrgreen:

I refuse to stop posting at niner webzone. I just can’t stop now since i did while Rams were losing. I’m getting a ton of issues.....but well. I’m me.

I think we have what, Marvin? Who else posts at both. Thanks for the help sir.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:42 pm
  • Cards just getting destroyed. 2 point conversions for the lulz?
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:42 pm
  • Richard Sherman is legit. Stafford won’t even throw his way
    Bob Loblaw
    NET Rookie

Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm
  • Bob Loblaw wrote:Richard Sherman is legit. Stafford won’t even throw his way

Noticed that too. He still has the respect.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:58 pm
  • 49ers (Jimmy) bailed out huge time by refs.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:54 pm
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:49ers (Jimmy) bailed out huge time by refs.

It was a correct call, so they did their job.

But HE needs to stop thinking he’s Brett Favre, especially on throws to the outside. He might have a quick release, but he doesn’t have the arm strength to make those throws unless they are well timed.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:49ers (Jimmy) bailed out huge time by refs.

But HE needs to stop thinking he’s Brett Favre, especially on throws to the outside. He might have a quick release, but he doesn’t have the arm strength to make those throws unless they are well timed.

All correctable issues.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:29 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:49ers (Jimmy) bailed out huge time by refs.

In your shoes, I'd probably say the same thing.

But he barely held him and all of the contract happened within five yards - around the five yard mark, he stopped contacting him. I thought it was a bad call as they let that go more often than they call it IMO.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 am
  • ^^^ Eh, the rules on bumping vs. holding are pretty clear, you can see the jersey grab, and I think it's generous to say it was all within five yards of the LOS.

The other factor here is that call didn't come in a vacuum: it was the third time the Lions got called for holding on Kittle that game (i.e. if you keep getting called for the same thing on the same player, you gotta be MUCH smarter about not testing those limits).

I'd say the 9ers got bailed out by play/adjustments/coaching by the Lions rather than a gift call, but they still got bailed out.

Who actually got bailed out, though?

I think Kyle Shanahan got bailed out for what was a crappy play call (empty set) on 3rd and 2 when the Lions have no timeouts and you're trying to run the clock down. If you're gonna pass I also don't like a pass that's designed for an RB split out wide who isn't known as much of a receiver.

And from what Shanahan and Garoppolo both said after the game, Dante Pettis got bailed out too, as that pass was a sight adjustment and Pettis ran the wrong route (against zone he was supposed to put the CB in conflict and clear out the flat for Breida by running deep, but against man -- which it was -- he was supposed to run an inside slant rub route which would clear out the flat for Breida).

Long story short, I know Hawks, Cards, and Rams fans are gonna cry foul on this because it's the second time in two weeks, but that would-have-been interception wasn't on Garoppolo. Both times it's a WR running the wrong route on a sight adjustment. We can blame young WRs for that, we can blame Goodwin being out for that, or we can blame Shanahan for that (this IS THE PROBLEM with sight adjustments that assume everyone is on the same page), but it's two quick throws in which as a QB Garoppolo did what he is SUPPOSED TO DO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 am
  • Still looks like an average QB this year.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:47 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:^^^ Eh, the rules on bumping vs. holding are pretty clear, you can see the jersey grab, and I think it's generous to say it was all within five yards of the LOS.

The other factor here is that call didn't come in a vacuum: it was the third time the Lions got called for holding on Kittle that game (i.e. if you keep getting called for the same thing on the same player, you gotta be MUCH smarter about not testing those limits).

I'd say the 9ers got bailed out by play/adjustments/coaching by the Lions rather than a gift call, but they still got bailed out.

I think Kyle Shanahan got bailed out for what was a crappy play call (empty set) on 3rd and 2 when the Lions have no timeouts and you're trying to run the clock down. If you're gonna pass I also don't like a pass that's designed for an RB split out wide who isn't known as much of a receiver.

And from what Shanahan and Garoppolo both said after the game, Dante Pettis got bailed out too, as that pass was a sight adjustment and Pettis ran the wrong route (against zone he was supposed to put the CB in conflict and clear out the flat for Breida by running deep, but against man -- which it was -- he was supposed to run an inside slant rub route which would clear out the flat for Breida).

Long story short, I know Hawks, Cards, and Rams fans are gonna cry foul on this because it's the second time in two weeks, but that would-have-been interception wasn't on Garoppolo. Both times it's a WR running the wrong route on a sight adjustment. We can blame young WRs for that, we can blame Goodwin being out for that, or we can blame Shanahan for that (this IS THE PROBLEM with sight adjustments that assume everyone is on the same page), but it's two quick throws in which as a QB Garoppolo did what he is SUPPOSED TO DO.

You can see the jersey grab, yes. And I'll admit I did not watch the whole game.

But you see a one second grab of a player's jersey all the time not get called. A Raider DB was holding onto Demaryous Thomas' shoulder pad as leverage to jump and contest the pass and didn't get called. The Rams first offensive series against Oakland the DB did the exact same thing to Cooks and didn't get called.

I've seen it called too - don't get me wrong. But if I've seen it both called and not called, I don't want it called with two minutes left in a close game.

Very similar to that OPI the Niners got called for against the Rams last year on Thursday night football - can you argue that technically it's a foul? Sure. Should it have been called? Hell no.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Still looks like an average QB this year.

Average is about 100 times better than anything the 49ers have had in years... Also, dude does have some room to grow. If he gets better at making decisions he'll graduate to pretty good.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 am
  • Popeyejones wrote:^^^ Eh, the rules on bumping vs. holding are pretty clear, you can see the jersey grab, and I think it's generous to say it was all within five yards of the LOS.

Also, for the record, Jimmy has played better than I expected. I've been impressed with him so far. That the Niners won this game and were up by multiple scores at one point validates the "hype" IMO. So now when I check out the Rams upcoming schedule:

Chargers
    Vikings
    @Seahawks
    @Broncos
    @Niners
    Packers
    @Saints

I had all three of those back to back to back road games as relatively easy wins - but if Seattle still plays well at home, which I'm assuming they will, and if the Saints are better than what they've shown thus far, which I'm assuming they are - then that's one of the most brutal 7 game stretches I've ever seen. And after that we have the Bears (on the road), Chiefs and Eagles - not in that order though.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:06 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:

Also, for the record, Jimmy has played better than I expected. I've been impressed with him so far. That the Niners won this game and were up by multiple scores at one point validates the "hype" IMO. So now when I check out the Rams upcoming schedule:

Chargers
    Vikings
    @Seahawks
    @Broncos
    @Niners
    Packers
    @Saints

I'd say that is pretty favorable. By all accounts you are going to be determining home field advantage throughout the playoffs with the games against the Vikings and the Packers and you get to play them in your stadium. You have to play the niners and the seahawks anyway, so when you play them is moot. The Saints have been looking like they have zero home field advantage. It is a stretch of tough teams, but is any game a sure win in the NFC this year?
    94Smith
    NET Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information