Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Division Rivals

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Division Rivals
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:47 am
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Because Red Alice is being dishonest with his argument because he's hoping Jimmy G is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, like so many other delusional Niner fans.

    This question is not even up for debate. Russell IS the best QB in the NFC West, until someone else plays better for an extended period of time. Not hope, not potential, not speculation. Facts and stats, I know a very novel idea for some.


    I think your throwing darts at the wrong team and person, it was Ninester that started this pissing contest.


    Red Alice's comments above is who we were talking about.

    Is he not a Niners fan? I can't keep all the rival fan knuckleheads straight up in here.


    Red Alice is a RAMFAN....


    GIRL Rams fan. No HE.

    And I am not a knucklehead. I have been straight up about the Rams here for years. Years. I even ran your suicide game one year, I’m friendly.

    Just because the tables have now turned, gives you no right to be obnoxious same way I wasn’t obnoxious opposite.

    I think this will be the question. Can the fans here handle a good fan of a division rival same way I have?
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:08 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    He has been: YES.

    Is he this year, we do not know yet.

    Are you so brainwashed yourself to think he auto is?


    This is some confusing circular logic.

    That's how this works, someone is the best...............until they aren't. It's that simple. Wilson IS the best QB in the division, until he isn't. Just as Brady is the best QB in the AFC East, and Rodgers is the best QB in the NFC North, etc. Until they aren't. But that "aren't" means someone else played better. Not is POTENTIALLY better with no stats or facts to back up the claim.

    If you'd like to get into a non factual discussion about potential and future predictions? Go for it, but that has no merit to what Ramfan said.


    I clearly said: IS He THIS YEAR, we do not know yet.

    How is my fact circular logic?

    I have not discounted Wilson’s history. I simply presented the unknown.

    The season has not been played. Will Wilson be the best QB in the NFCW after this year? Or even this season?

    We do not know yet. He might be.

    He might not be.

    Yes, love: it IS that simple.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:16 am
  • I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:24 am
  • Is Brady the best QB in his division this year? We just don't know yet. :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Division Rivals
Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:42 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.


    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:27 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.


    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half



    -I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

    -I think it's Goodwin

    -He won't last past week 2 @ the Rams
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 762
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Division Rivals
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.


    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half



    -I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

    -I think it's Goodwin

    -He won't last past week 2 @ the Rams


    Goff Game Winning Drives: 1
    Russell Wilson Game Winning Drives: 19

    Yes Goff played much better last year than his rookie year, but the fact remains that he's not clutch, and it showed in the playoffs. Which is why I'll never buy into the Rams no matter how much talent they assemble...........until Goff shows me he can put together game winning drives and make clutch throws when it counts.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:59 pm
  • To be fair in the playoff Game goff played well, Gurley had a bunch of drops though. To credit Goff for your win at Jacksonville ain't right though, that was the D and ST
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Division Rivals
Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:59 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Is Brady the best QB in his division this year? We just don't know yet. :mrgreen:


    I’m always happy when I see your name as the last poster in a thread, I click right on it.

    You funny. And smart.

    :179417:
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:To be fair in the playoff Game goff played well, Gurley had a bunch of drops though. To credit Goff for your win at Jacksonville ain't right though, that was the D and ST


    It’s kinda cool entering this season knowing the D and ST can win games, and are proven to do so.

    The O is a bit different this year, seems much improved.

    I think that some of the media and public commentary on Goff will be revised, but that is up to him. It’s become almost archetypical that Goff does what McVay says, yet I think that may change somewhat this year. Let’s see.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:06 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.


    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half


    Ok! I love polls. Though i do not know if I am allowed to start one.

    But we would need a basis of how do we define the best QB in the division?

    What if Goff is clutch and wins a bunch of meaningful games for the Rams? (I mean, we are in the unknown).
    What if JGQ sucks or what if he somehow wins many games his team should lose for them?

    Nothing to add on B for AZ.

    Your point is based on history. This season has not been played yet.

    ETA: I think Wilson is one of the best QBs ever. Not even a question. But I think the best in the NFCW is still up for this season.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:54 pm
  • Red's a sheep but she's got a few good points. Come week 1 all titles mean little as anything can happen. That Goff McVay or Jared McGoff guy could play like Brady. Jimmy G might play like Montana. The NFCW has qb talent that's for sure.
    I just hope Wilson stays healthy behind this line.
    Russ Willstrong
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1610
    Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:31 am


Re: Division Rivals
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:22 am
  • How weird would it be if B is best QB W1 in NFCW?

    That would be funny.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:11 am
  • adeltaY wrote:To be fair in the playoff Game goff played well, Gurley had a bunch of drops though. To credit Goff for your win at Jacksonville ain't right though, that was the D and ST



    I agree. I don't like to credit QBs for any wins.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 762
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:12 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.


    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half



    -I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

    -I think it's Goodwin

    -He won't last past week 2 @ the Rams


    Goff Game Winning Drives: 1
    Russell Wilson Game Winning Drives: 19

    Yes Goff played much better last year than his rookie year, but the fact remains that he's not clutch, and it showed in the playoffs. Which is why I'll never buy into the Rams no matter how much talent they assemble...........until Goff shows me he can put together game winning drives and make clutch throws when it counts.



    We actually agree.

    If you read the first line in my post I said "I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff" - indicating that I agree that he needs to become clutch.

    And nowhere did I mention anything about comparing Goff and Wilson in the clutch, and I also said Wilson is better than Goff..
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 762
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:44 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:I don't know why a Niner fan would even question Wilson being the best QB in the division?

    JG is nowhere near Wilson.

    I'm no huge Russell Wilson fan but there's no way he's not the best QB in the NFC West right now.


    Because Red Alice is being dishonest with his argument because he's hoping Jimmy G is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, like so many other delusional Niner fans.

    This question is not even up for debate. Russell IS the best QB in the NFC West, until someone else plays better for an extended period of time. Not hope, not potential, not speculation. Facts and stats, I know a very novel idea for some.


    OK....

    ...I have to say that I've seen plays for Jimmy G that make me think he is going to be a great QB. I am incredibly excited to see how he plays this year...

    ...HOWEVER, I think its totally fair to point out he has all of 7 starts and it would be ludicrous to say he's the best QB in the division when Wilson has played as he has for so many years and has 2 SB appearances and a ring.

    Hell, I'm no huge fan of Goff but at LEAST he has 22 starts and had a great year last year.

    So, at this point it would be ludicrous to say Jimmy is the best in the division, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that at some point he might be.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:46 am
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    I think your throwing darts at the wrong team and person, it was Ninester that started this pissing contest.


    Red Alice's comments above is who we were talking about.

    Is he not a Niners fan? I can't keep all the rival fan knuckleheads straight up in here.


    Red Alice is a RAMFAN....


    GIRL Rams fan. No HE.

    And I am not a knucklehead. I have been straight up about the Rams here for years. Years. I even ran your suicide game one year, I’m friendly.

    Just because the tables have now turned, gives you no right to be obnoxious same way I wasn’t obnoxious opposite.

    I think this will be the question. Can the fans here handle a good fan of a division rival same way I have?


    ...all true.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:51 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    So, at this point it would be ludicrous to say Jimmy is the best in the division, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that at some point he might be.


    According to Red, we don't know who the best QB is in the west............because it hasn't happened yet huh wat.

    We can speculate, hope and wish all we want, but the best QB in the west is Russell, and it's not even close. Just as Brady is the best in the AFC East and Rodgers is the best in the NFC North.

    This is not debatable, until the other QB's show us otherwise. Red wants to get into some time traveling semantics argument about the future best QB, and I guess that's a valid question.

    But the "best" QB? It's Russell C. Wilson.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:57 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.


    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half



    -I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

    -I think it's Goodwin

    -He won't last past week 2 @ the Rams


    49ers WRs:

    Not sure what that comment about Garcon was about. LOL. He's a pretty damn good WR and the Seahawks #1 guy has been Doug Baldwin (whom I like BTW so not a knock).

    To answer the question tho, I don't think they really have one guy who you would call the #1. Instead they have a bunch of guys who are pretty good but none are Julio Jones. Garcon got hurt last year and didn't get to play a single down with Jimmy G.

    Goodwins performance skyrocketed as soon as Jimmy started to play and had 319 yards in those first three Games Jimmy played. The only reason he didn't hit his first 1000 yard season is he got blasted in LA and exited the game in the final week of the season.

    Trent Taylor was one of the best third down WRs in the NFL last season, particularly after Jimmy started.

    Add to that now Pettis and Ritchie James and the Niners look pretty damn good at WR. There are no superstars there, but I'm pretty happy with what they have.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    So, at this point it would be ludicrous to say Jimmy is the best in the division, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that at some point he might be.


    According to Red, we don't know who the best QB is in the west............because it hasn't happened yet huh wat.

    We can speculate, hope and wish all we want, but the best QB in the west is Russell, and it's not even close. Just as Brady is the best in the AFC East and Rodgers is the best in the NFC North.

    This is not debatable, until the other QB's show us otherwise. Red wants to get into some time traveling semantics argument about the future best QB, and I guess that's a valid question.

    But the "best" QB? It's Russell C. Wilson.


    OK...so you are kinda both right.

    However, your logic seems kinda "I want my cake and eat it too-ish".

    She is right, we don't yet know who the best QB in the west will be this season. You can't however talk about speculation and what you think might happen and then say "until they prove otherwise". You are essentially saying in a speculation thread its ludicrous to speculate anything might change this year. How is that speculation then?

    Might as well just look at the history books and assume nothing ever changes.

    Either its a speculation thread or its not. Which is it? By which benchmark are we grading?

    Put another way, if RW has another year like last year 3100+ yards, 26TDs, 10INTs, 100.0 QB Rating and Goff and Jimmy G have ratings that put them at 105, would it have been ludicrous to predict Goff or Garoppolo were the best QBs in the division?

    Over the last several years, Sherman and Peterson have probably been the best CBs in the division so suggesting someone else might be now would be ludicrous, right? History is the judge regardless of other factors. Right?
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:10 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Either its a speculation thread or its not. Which is it? By which benchmark are we grading?


    Huh?

    I'm not speculating one bit. Russell is the best QB in the west because.................stats and facts. That's all that matters in this conversation.

    The question wasn't "who WILL be the best QB", it was "who IS the best QB."

    Now you guys are trying to blur the conversation with "well we don't know who the best is until it happens." It has happened, and it's Russell, by a mile.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:13 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Either its a speculation thread or its not. Which is it? By which benchmark are we grading?


    Huh?

    I'm not speculating one bit. Russell is the best QB in the west because.................stats and facts. That's all that matters in this conversation.

    The question wasn't "who WILL be the best QB", it was "who IS the best QB."

    Now you guys are trying to blur the conversation with "well we don't know who the best is until it happens." It has happened, and it's Russell, by a mile.


    OK, if that's the measuring stick, then RW has had by far the best career to date. Not even debatable.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:59 am
  • Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:07 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.


    ...and IMO, the Ryan dropoff had alot to do with a certain OC who isn't there anymore.

    I've never been a big Ryan fan.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:47 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.



    This is a pretty good example.

    But IMO Drew Brees >>> Russell Wilson. So if somehow Goff did win the MVP this year, I would probably rank him over Wilson.

    That's very unlikely to happen though, obviously.

    Otherwise I agree with the good seasons needed for Goff to start bridging the gap.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 762
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:50 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:I think discussion is good.

    It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

    Niners sneaking up.

    So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

    OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.


    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half



    -I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

    -I think it's Goodwin

    -He won't last past week 2 @ the Rams


    49ers WRs:

    Not sure what that comment about Garcon was about. LOL. He's a pretty damn good WR and the Seahawks #1 guy has been Doug Baldwin (whom I like BTW so not a knock).

    To answer the question tho, I don't think they really have one guy who you would call the #1. Instead they have a bunch of guys who are pretty good but none are Julio Jones. Garcon got hurt last year and didn't get to play a single down with Jimmy G.

    Goodwins performance skyrocketed as soon as Jimmy started to play and had 319 yards in those first three Games Jimmy played. The only reason he didn't hit his first 1000 yard season is he got blasted in LA and exited the game in the final week of the season.

    Trent Taylor was one of the best third down WRs in the NFL last season, particularly after Jimmy started.

    Add to that now Pettis and Ritchie James and the Niners look pretty damn good at WR. There are no superstars there, but I'm pretty happy with what they have.



    I think Goodwin will blow up, and I'm rooting for him. My wife and I were about two months pregnant when we read he and his wife's story - heartbreaking.

    I actually don't think too much of Garcon these days (even though he lit us up in that Thursday game last year), but Taylor, Goodwin, Kittle and Pettis all have a lot of potential.

    I'd be happy with it too. I mean, Robert Woods was a pretty bad FA move for the Rams based on what he did in Buffalo - until the games started. Different QB and OC can make all the difference.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 762
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:46 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:09 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.


    Perfectly fair.

    If either/or Jimmy and Goff blow up over the next two years, and Russell shows signs of diminished production?

    Then I'm ready to have this conversation. But right now it's a laughable discussion.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:18 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

    Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

    - If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
    - Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
    - Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half



    -I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

    -I think it's Goodwin

    -He won't last past week 2 @ the Rams


    49ers WRs:

    Not sure what that comment about Garcon was about. LOL. He's a pretty damn good WR and the Seahawks #1 guy has been Doug Baldwin (whom I like BTW so not a knock).

    To answer the question tho, I don't think they really have one guy who you would call the #1. Instead they have a bunch of guys who are pretty good but none are Julio Jones. Garcon got hurt last year and didn't get to play a single down with Jimmy G.

    Goodwins performance skyrocketed as soon as Jimmy started to play and had 319 yards in those first three Games Jimmy played. The only reason he didn't hit his first 1000 yard season is he got blasted in LA and exited the game in the final week of the season.

    Trent Taylor was one of the best third down WRs in the NFL last season, particularly after Jimmy started.

    Add to that now Pettis and Ritchie James and the Niners look pretty damn good at WR. There are no superstars there, but I'm pretty happy with what they have.



    I think Goodwin will blow up, and I'm rooting for him. My wife and I were about two months pregnant when we read he and his wife's story - heartbreaking.

    I actually don't think too much of Garcon these days (even though he lit us up in that Thursday game last year), but Taylor, Goodwin, Kittle and Pettis all have a lot of potential.

    I'd be happy with it too. I mean, Robert Woods was a pretty bad FA move for the Rams based on what he did in Buffalo - until the games started. Different QB and OC can make all the difference.


    Yeah...funny how those Buffalo WRs go elsewhere and make something of themselves. :D
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:26 pm
  • AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:
    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5174
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:56 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:


    They renamed their carport of a stadium State Farm Stadium, so there you go. Branding rights rename = "big announcement."
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:00 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:


    Hmmm...University of Phoenix Stadium to State Farm Stadium???? Just saw that.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8310
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:02 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:


    They renamed their carport of a stadium State Farm Stadium, so there you go. Branding rights rename = "big announcement."


    So no more University of Phoenix Stadium?

    I gotta admit, I miss those old names. Niners are no better with Levis, but I wish we had like the Kingdome, the Astrodome, Three Rivers, Joe Robbie and Candlestick. I miss the non-corporate entity named stadiums.

    As much as I can't stand the teams, it least we still have Lambeau and Soldier Field.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:05 pm
  • Thanks.

    Some were speculating that they were going to extend their RB. :?

    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5174
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:


    They renamed their carport of a stadium State Farm Stadium, so there you go. Branding rights rename = "big announcement."


    So no more University of Phoenix Stadium?

    I gotta admit, I miss those old names. Niners are no better with Levis, but I wish we had like the Kingdome, the Astrodome, Three Rivers, Joe Robbie and Candlestick. I miss the non-corporate entity named stadiums.

    As much as I can't stand the teams, it least we still have Lambeau and Soldier Field.


    Agree with the above about the sponsored stadiums. They get funding from corporate sponsors to name a stadium. Went to Lambeau last year. Was a great experience. Friends are going to Soldier this year.

    Not to derail this but I see a lot of sponsorships on golf too. I dont even know what the tournament was now before they changed it. But that is the way the Dollar rentacar bounces. :P
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8310
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:21 pm
  • I think PNC bought the rights to Soldier Field a couple years ago, but it's not plastered all over the stadium.

    But yes, I agree the old names were awesome.

    - The Stick
    - The Murph
    - Three River
    - Lambeau
    - The Coliseum
    - The Swamp
    - Wrigley
    - Fenway
    - Augusta

    If you needed more than 2-3 words, you were doing it wrong.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:15 pm
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.



    This is a pretty good example.

    But IMO Drew Brees >>> Russell Wilson. So if somehow Goff did win the MVP this year, I would probably rank him over Wilson.

    That's very unlikely to happen though, obviously.

    Otherwise I agree with the good seasons needed for Goff to start bridging the gap.


    I wouldn't. I'd need to see it for two years. Brees is better than Wilson, yes, but Ryan and Newton are better than Goff and Jimmy G. Wilson has had above average to great seasons every year for six years. It's going to take more than one amazing year from either of those guys to knock him off. I'd say the same if the positions were reversed.

    Not that Goff is likely to win MVP IMO. He isn't even the most likely player on his own team to win MVP, which is rare for a QB. I think Jimmy G has a better shot.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:48 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.



    This is a pretty good example.

    But IMO Drew Brees >>> Russell Wilson. So if somehow Goff did win the MVP this year, I would probably rank him over Wilson.

    That's very unlikely to happen though, obviously.

    Otherwise I agree with the good seasons needed for Goff to start bridging the gap.


    I wouldn't. I'd need to see it for two years. Brees is better than Wilson, yes, but Ryan and Newton are better than Goff and Jimmy G. Wilson has had above average to great seasons every year for six years. It's going to take more than one amazing year from either of those guys to knock him off. I'd say the same if the positions were reversed.

    Not that Goff is likely to win MVP IMO. He isn't even the most likely player on his own team to win MVP, which is rare for a QB. I think Jimmy G has a better shot.


    Regardless of who the best QB in the West is, it is interesting that there has been a dramatic shift in the QBs in the division in just a few short years.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:16 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Either its a speculation thread or its not. Which is it? By which benchmark are we grading?


    Huh?

    I'm not speculating one bit. Russell is the best QB in the west because.................stats and facts. That's all that matters in this conversation.

    The question wasn't "who WILL be the best QB", it was "who IS the best QB."

    Now you guys are trying to blur the conversation with "well we don't know who the best is until it happens." It has happened, and it's Russell, by a mile.


    OK, if that's the measuring stick, then RW has had by far the best career to date. Not even debatable.


    TRUE.

    But, I thought the question was this season?

    As in, best QB this season.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:


    They renamed their carport of a stadium State Farm Stadium, so there you go. Branding rights rename = "big announcement."


    Man, if it wasn't for the winter days in Arizona that place would be totally worthless. What a soul sucking void of culture. Should turn the entire state into a nature preserve.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3313
    Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:21 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:12 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Either its a speculation thread or its not. Which is it? By which benchmark are we grading?


    Huh?

    I'm not speculating one bit. Russell is the best QB in the west because.................stats and facts. That's all that matters in this conversation.

    The question wasn't "who WILL be the best QB", it was "who IS the best QB."

    Now you guys are trying to blur the conversation with "well we don't know who the best is until it happens." It has happened, and it's Russell, by a mile.


    OK, if that's the measuring stick, then RW has had by far the best career to date. Not even debatable.


    TRUE.

    But, I thought the question was this season?

    As in, best QB this season.


    That is why we are talking past each other. Best QB in a given season is up for grabs every season. Best QB overall requires looking at the player's entire body of work.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Division Rivals
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:08 am
  • This thread is why we need a remedial section.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2751
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:02 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    TRUE.

    But, I thought the question was this season?

    As in, best QB this season.


    Go for it, why do you think it'll be another QB other than Russell this year?
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 13841
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Division Rivals
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:25 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    TRUE.

    But, I thought the question was this season?

    As in, best QB this season.


    Go for it, why do you think it'll be another QB other than Russell this year?


    I wouldn't bet on it, but it's entirely possible Goff and/or Garoppolo have better stats than Wilson this year because they have better lines, supporting casts, and playcallers.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Division Rivals
Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:34 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    TRUE.

    But, I thought the question was this season?

    As in, best QB this season.


    Go for it, why do you think it'll be another QB other than Russell this year?


    I wouldn't bet on it, but it's entirely possible Goff and/or Garoppolo have better stats than Wilson this year because they have better lines, supporting casts, and playcallers.


    Considering what Wilson has played behind and his stats being pretty damn good to date I would not sell him ( here it comes) SHORT. :P
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 25441
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Division Rivals
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:55 pm
  • I agree, it's just more of an uphill climb for him, which speaks to his greatness.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Division Rivals
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:35 am
  • https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/8wfbc0/russell_wilson_vs_brady_brees_and/
    2015-2017

    Russell hangs with Brees just fine. Now factor in RWs rushing stats.

    Now factor in who has the better playcaller, O-Line, & run game through this period of time. Who has had the worst defense that would allow them to get into shoot-outs to up their passing numbers, or get the opportunity to pad their stats in garbage time.

    People continue to sleep on Russell Wilson, and I will never understand it.

    He has performed modern miracles playing behind a dumpster fire O-Line, with a jobless, uninspired OC calling the plays for years.

    Pair Wilson with Payton, Shanahan, Reed, Pederson, etc and he would shatter the record book.

    For now he will have to settle for being just the 2nd highest rated passer of All-Time sandwiched between Aaron Rodgers & Tom Brady. While simultaneously being one of the greatest scrambling QBs of all-time.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1959
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: Division Rivals
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:43 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    TRUE.

    But, I thought the question was this season?

    As in, best QB this season.


    Go for it, why do you think it'll be another QB other than Russell this year?


    I think it’s possible this year. Don’t worry, I’m not disparaging what Wilson has already accomplished.
    When you get to Helllll, John. Tel em Daisy sentcha.
    User avatar
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3218
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Division Rivals
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:12 am
  • I think it will be Rodgers this season at first glance
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13932
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: Division Rivals
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:41 am
  • Vikes 10-0 over niners. Garapolo has been irrelevant
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1488
    Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:02 pm


Re: Division Rivals
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:55 am
  • Savior not looking good
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


PreviousNext


It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: 253hawk and 36 guests