Who misses Cable?

seabowl

Reaction score
Saw today that Tom is up to his old tricks. He's moving perennial LT pro bowler Donald Penn to RT, with Penn seemingly very uncomfortable with the move. Best move since the 2012 draft was ridding us of Cabevell. Too bad we didn't move them a few years back to see what we could have become.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Penn is like 35 and starting to decline in play. Not remotely a Cable lover but it could work.... Probably won't though.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If the story about how Cable was the driving force behind getting Lynch and making him great are true, we owe him.

However, given the results he provided apart from Lynch? He owes us.

I call it even. Glad he is gone. If he was a key to making Lynch win for us, I appreciate that.

I know he wasn't given much to work with often, but when he was he seemed to screw it up.

So thank him for Lynch and otherwise please let us forget all the damage he caused.

Fade

Reaction score
So Marshawn busted off a 60 yd run. It was called back on a hold by Cable's prized 1st rd tackle.

Cable is the worst.

Fade

Reaction score
seabowl":2k1wphdp said:
Saw today that Tom is up to his old tricks. He's moving perennial LT pro bowler Donald Penn to RT, with Penn seemingly very uncomfortable with the move. Best move since the 2012 draft was ridding us of Cabevell. Too bad we didn't move them a few years back to see what we could have become.

It's a brilliant strategy by Cable. The line will look like dog crap and he will have the perfect excuse.

--"We're playing young guys."
--"We got guys playing new positions."
--"The O-Line needs time to gel given the new system."
--Make an insane statement {insert any player here} "He can be the best G-T in the NFL" The player proceeds to
underwhelm the entire season.
--Injury Excuse. Tom Cable O-Lines will always be injured. They are playing out of position, diving at people's legs, and are discombobulated of course they are going to get injured. See the George Fant injury last pre-season totally avoidable, unless of course Cable is involved. (Britt whiffed on a cut block, and took out Fant. ON A PASS PLAY! I believe it was a 3 step drop too, and it wasn't a screen. In the pre-season. Insane.)

*EDIT* I found the play. He wasn't cutting, but might as well have been. BAD COACHING.
[youtube]ZNF7ucg4f_g[/youtube]

So the Raiders just gave Cable 2 high draft picks the previous draft to build the line. Cable will demand they bring in more of his guys. That will be castoffs from the Seahawks, and a couple more draft busts that he will handpick. They will be even worse.

--Cable will then say "We are one of the youngest O-Lines in the league, and they will need another season to fully judge what they have."
--Point fingers at other areas of the football team to deflect, especially the QB.
--Simplify and dumb down the scheme even more.

The year 3 strategy for Cable has always been to hang on for dear life. He doesn't last much longer than 2 years anywhere he goes.

I wish he would of gone to Santa Clara instead, then the Hawks could take advantage of his tomfoolery twice a year.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Fade":32gryc5o said:
seabowl":32gryc5o said:

It's a brilliant strategy by Cable. The line will look like dog crap and he will have the perfect excuse.

--"We're playing young guys."
--"We got guys playing new positions."
--"The O-Line needs time to gel given the new system."
--Make an insane statement {insert any player here} "He can be the best G-T in the NFL" The player proceeds to
underwhelm the entire season.
--Injury Excuse. Tom Cable O-Lines will always be injured. They are playing out of position, diving at people's legs, and are discombobulated of course they are going to get injured. See the George Fant injury last pre-season totally avoidable, unless of course Cable is involved. (Britt whiffed on a cut block, and took out Fant. ON A PASS PLAY! I believe it was a 3 step drop too, and it wasn't a screen. In the pre-season. Insane.)

*EDIT* I found the play. He wasn't cutting, but might as well have been. BAD COACHING.
[youtube]ZNF7ucg4f_g[/youtube]

So the Raiders just gave Cable 2 high draft picks the previous draft to build the line. Cable will demand they bring in more of his guys. That will be castoffs from the Seahawks, and a couple more draft busts that he will handpick. They will be even worse.

--Cable will then say "We are one of the youngest O-Lines in the league, and they will need another season to fully judge what they have."
--Point fingers at other areas of the football team to deflect, especially the QB.
--Simplify and dumb down the scheme even more.

The year 3 strategy for Cable has always been to hang on for dear life. He doesn't last much longer than 2 years anywhere he goes.

I wish he would of gone to Santa Clara instead, then the Hawks could take advantage of his tomfoolery twice a year.

It may still happen....in a couple of years. :0190l: :twisted:

ivotuk

Reaction score
I HATE that guy! He got our QB injured, he got our Running Backs injured. He is SOLELY responsible for us not repeating or threepeating.

:rumble:

Maulbert

Reaction score
I know how much Bevell was hated, but I still fully believe at least 75% of our offensive struggles were Cable's fault, not Bevell's. Who gives a flying rat's ass what the play call is when 5 300 pound lineman struggle to block fleas?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maulbert":1dy9ikrd said:
I know how much Bevell was hated, but I still fully believe at least 75% of our offensive struggles were Cable's fault, not Bevell's. Who gives a flying rat's ass what the play call is when 5 300 pound lineman struggle to block fleas?
I believe it was 50-50 on the fault meter. Both sucked!

jmahon316

Reaction score
I haven't missed cable since I cancelled my subscription and switched to Netflix and Hulu.

I completely understand the board but am disappointed nobody made this joke.

Fade

Reaction score
Bevell was pretty damn bad, it's why he doesn't have a job right now. If teams thought he was even a shred responsible for Wilson's development he would be in the NFL right now. He wasn't, he was dead weight.

Cable is probably at his last stop right now. Bevell might get one more shot with Quinn down in ATL if Sark face plants again. "MIGHT" being the keyword.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Cable cost the team 4 wins a season every season he was here. Looking back on things this team should have won 3 out of 4 Superbowls from 2012-2015. They should have gone 19-0 in 2013 the team was that good. For a team with Lynch that was all about "pounding the rock", they could not covert short yardage runs to save their life. They would get stood up on the goal line all the time. Everyone thinks about the last pay of 49 but that game could have been put away if they converted a few more 3rd and shorts during the game. Cable was awful. He is the worst coach in football at any level.

Fade

Reaction score
After watching the 3rd pre-season game against the Vikings, and seeing Chris Carson walk into the endzone untouched on a redzone run, it really, really made me miss Tom Cable, his amazing coaching, and the toughness he brought to the team.
2F2017 062F1497362918 jake gyllenhaal mind blown
Psyche!
2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2Fc8YC8htf5YQg02Fgiphy