Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Jalen Ramsey is the new Sherm

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Jalen Ramsey is the new Sherm
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 am

Re: Jalen Ramsey is the new Sherm
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:23 am
  • It’s the quick way to fame. If you can play, then run your mouth and reap the benefits of increased notoriety. Sherman was a brilliant self-promoter.
    endzorn
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:19 am
  • He's right, on every single point he made. I bet he's correct on Josh Allen too. It will be interesting to see how these rookie QBs pan out, and how accurate Ramsey is.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:25 am
  • I'm sure he's right about Allen. When was the last time a big armed QB with accuracy issues in college panned out in the NFL? Cutler?
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 am
  • 1 pre-season game and people are assuming he will suck. Welcome to the NFL kid. :?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:01 am
  • Don't agree with everything he says, but love that he's saying it. Makes the league more interesting and I wish more guys were as honest, though more tact would obviously be nice.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 am
  • It's cool to a point. Gets old real quick though. How about you let your play do the talking? Great player, but at the same time, we get it already. You love you some you.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:23 am
  • Dude he's arguably the best corner in the game. Doesn't mean his word is gospel but he backs up his right to say it on the field.

On another note, I'm 100% sure he believes Bortles is trash too but even he can't go as far as to say that publicly.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:33 am
  • He's damn good. I just get tired of all the constant look at me look at me crap. He'd look real good in Seahawk Blue that's for sure.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 am
  • Jalen Ramsey dropping his burn book, NFL fans that watch for the player drama rejoice!

Seriously though, this is pretty pathetic. I never liked it when Sherm did this stuff either. Bad form.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:43 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:1 pre-season game and people are assuming he will suck. Welcome to the NFL kid. :?

It's not based on the preseason game. It's based on his college tape. He had a 56% completion rate his last two years at wyoming playing against mostly weak competition. He never shined in big games. He was drafted on potential and not on field production. That hasn't worked out in recent history.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:20 pm
  • He hasn't played in more than a single game, and another player is saying he sucks and/or will suck?
    That's pretty pathetic. Even the mouth of the south Sherm didn't do something that lame.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:27 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He hasn't played in more than a single game, and another player is saying he sucks and/or will suck?
    That's pretty pathetic. Even the mouth of the south Sherm didn't do something that lame.

Shermie proved it on the field about 6 games worth before he started spouting off. Gotta show what ya know befoe you earn de doe.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:33 pm
  • I'm saying that Ramsey saying a rookie sucks when he's played part of one pre-season game is chump. Very chump.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:58 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:He's right, on every single point he made. I bet he's correct on Josh Allen too. It will be interesting to see how these rookie QBs pan out, and how accurate Ramsey is.

I think he's right also about every QB he dissed including Ryan.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:13 pm
  • I don't agree about Ryan, I think the MVP season caused him to become overrated, but his stats last season betray how good he is/was. It's somewhere in between tbh.

On Allen, people were saying a ball he threw out of bounds on a deep sideline route in preseason was "encouraging"... I guess because he threw it really far and kind of close to the receiver? For every Russell Wilson where many analysts were completely wrong, there are dozens of Christian Hackenbergs, Jay Cutlers, Paxton Lynches, etc. where their criticisms proved completely valid. The signs point towards Allen being closer to those guys than to, say, Matt Stafford (who is good, maybe great, but definitely not amazing).
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:32 pm
  • Seahawkfan80 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He hasn't played in more than a single game, and another player is saying he sucks and/or will suck?

Shermie proved it on the field about 6 games worth before he started spouting off. Gotta show what ya know befoe you earn de doe.

And he usually only did it after someone else started beef first; he never just came out and randomly called someone that he'd never played against 'trash'. Ramsey is just a clown with a big mouth. Let's see if he can replicate last season's success or if it was all just a fluke.

On Andrew Luck: "I don't really think he's that good, him and T.Y. Hilton had a connection in the past that made him stand out a little bit more, but I don't think he's good."

Luck with torn labrum vs. Ramsey:
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 pm
  • Honestly I don't even care about his opinions. I just like that he has the balls to say it, right or wrong. It adds spice to the game.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:54 am
  • ivotuk wrote:He's right, on every single point he made. I bet he's correct on Josh Allen too. It will be interesting to see how these rookie QBs pan out, and how accurate Ramsey is.

You think he's right about Kaepernick?

I did actually agree with a lot of what he said, but it was rather....transparent that he had an agenda.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:55 am
  • Here's that attention you ordered Jalen.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:42 am
  • Trrrroy wrote:Honestly I don't even care about his opinions. I just like that he has the balls to say it, right or wrong. It adds spice to the game.

Yep.

People compare Ramsey to Sherman, and it's a good comparison............................but unlike Pete who allowed Richard to criticize his own coaches, teammates and the local press, Coughlin and the Jags have already suspended Ramsey for this week for throwing a tantrum at a local reporter.

EXACTLY what Pete should have done with Richard last year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:55 am
  • Yep, he was able to do or say whatever he wanted, w/out any consequences. Felt like he was above the rules, period.
    As far as Jalen. "I don't care what nobody say" or "It was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers"

How about you speak some English kid......... Great player, but he sounds like an angry teenager :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Yep, he was able to do or say whatever he wanted, w/out any consequences. Felt like he was above the rules, period.
    As far as Jalen. "I don't care what nobody say" or "It was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers"

How about you speak some English kid......... Great player, but he sounds like an angry teenager :lol:

Ha, you could say that for 75% of the players in the NFL.
    A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:29 pm
  • Trrrroy wrote:He has no filter. Straight up says Joe Flacco sucks, Matt Ryan is overrated, and Josh Allen was a terrible pick. I love it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... across-nfl

I think he has coach envy. Probably tired of seeing garbage offense from his team.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:05 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Trrrroy wrote:He has no filter. Straight up says Joe Flacco sucks, Matt Ryan is overrated, and Josh Allen was a terrible pick. I love it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... across-nfl

I think he has coach envy. Probably tired of seeing garbage offense from his team.

Yeah, I think he's having selective memory issues about the Niners game. Sure, the leading receiver was the FB and Shanahan bamboozled the Jags D on multiple occasions, but Jimmy still made plenty of clutch, tight window throws in that game.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:02 pm
  • Disagree. Sherman only goes after others after being disrespected by those individuals so there is some filter.
    anonFAFA
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:18 pm
  • anonFAFA wrote:Disagree. Sherman only goes after others after being disrespected by those individuals so there is some filter.

Like his own teammates, coaches and radio hosts?

It's almost exactly the same as what Ramsey tried to pull........the difference is Coughlin and the Jags had the balls to discipline Ramsey so he knows that's not acceptable.

Unlike us where Pete tried to use his Kumbaya positive mumbo jumbo to cure Richard of his penchant for ripping everyone around him. Didn't work.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:30 pm
  • Yeah, they suspended Ramsey for a week during the preseason...really tough punishment.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:20 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:Yeah, they suspended Ramsey for a week during the preseason...really tough punishment.

It's sure as hell a better message than doing nothing and acting like you've got it all under control like Pete likes to make us think.

Why do you think Pete and John got rid of Sherman, Bennett and are being hard asses with Earl? That's a message they should have sent two years ago, enough of the nonsense.

I'd love to have Couglin in our FO, he doesn't mess around.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:32 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    adeltaY wrote:Yeah, they suspended Ramsey for a week during the preseason...really tough punishment.

It's sure as hell a better message than doing nothing and acting like you've got it all under control like Pete likes to make us think.

Why do you think Pete and John got rid of Sherman, Bennett and are being hard asses with Earl? That's a message they should have sent two years ago, enough of the nonsense.

I'd love to have Couglin in our FO, he doesn't mess around.

He didn't discipline Odell for fighting with Josh Norman and drawing personal fouls throughout that Skins game a while ago (I believe the league suspended him for a week for a head to head hit). If it was the regular season, he wouldn't suspend Ramsey for going off on the media. None of Sherman's antics took place in the preseason so we don't know whether Pete would've done anything or not. It's not apples to apples in this case. If Coughlin suspends a star player for violating the team's personal conduct policy during the regular season, I'll gladly accept I'm wrong.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:37 am
  • Ramfan128 wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:He's right, on every single point he made. I bet he's correct on Josh Allen too. It will be interesting to see how these rookie QBs pan out, and how accurate Ramsey is.

You think he's right about Kaepernick?

I did actually agree with a lot of what he said, but it was rather....transparent that he had an agenda.

Most people were s**** on Kaepernick as early as 2014 (some as early as 2013, .NET, since 1987), and definitely picked it up in 2015.

So I get tired of hearing people defend Kap when they were totally going the other way prior to August 2016.

If you want to say he's good then go into the film analysis of how he actually improved as a QB in his last season despite playing with far subpar supporting cast than his Super Bowl ride.

GIve me some film example, or even highlights from yesteryear.

But don't give me BS just for political reasons. It's nauseating, and has made me no longer a Kaep defender when I defended that SOB like he was my own son. :mrgreen:
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:23 am
  • Now this moron is saying that Gronk isn't that good. Shut already man, you just sound stupid at this point.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:50 am
  • "We started running it on first and second down, throwing it on third down, every single time we were out there. [The Patriots] caught on to that."

Sound familiar?
    Apple Cup Week: "I've always felt that being a Cougar prepares you for life. You learn not to expect too much."
    --UW Coach Don James
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:32 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Now this moron is saying that Gronk isn't that good. Shut already man, you just sound stupid at this point.

Yeah, this is embarrassing. No way was Sherm as idiotic as Ramsey. I think the most blunt thing Sherm ever said was that Pierre Garcon is irrelevant. Maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone remember that?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:31 am
  • Crabtree mediocre as well as sorry, shame they aren't on same team throw in Kaep and practice would be interesting. :stirthepot:
    homerun1970
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:52 am
  • Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love Ramsey's jabber-jaw. The NFL is so boring these days when compared to the personalities that used to be on full display 10+ years ago. Give me cocky receivers working out in their driveways with camera crews following them around. Give me ridiculous TD celebrations like a Sharpie out of the sock. Give me a quirky, elite receiver changing his last name to the Spanish pronunciation of his number.

Now a days all we see are robots and choir boys. It's sooooooooooo boring.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:56 pm
  • I agree with JG.

Also, Ramsey clarified and said Gronk isn't as great as people say he is. Their analytics guys pulled the numbers and his yards per catch and completion percentage plummet when covered by a corner vs. Covered by a LB. That's what Ramsey was referring to.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:58 pm
  • adeltaY wrote:I agree with JG.

Also, Ramsey clarified and said Gronk isn't as great as people say he is. Their analytics guys pulled the numbers and his yards per catch and completion percentage plummet when covered by a corner vs. Covered by a LB. That's what Ramsey was referring to.

Good clarification. I heard that on John Clayton this morning and totally forgot that's where the comments came from.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information