Former Seahawk is touted leader on the NY Jets

adeltaY

Reaction score
Good on ya Kearse. Moves teams and has best season of his career with Josh McCown throwing him the football - whoda think? I thought he was a straight up mediocre receiver and he proved me wrong. Respect.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
cymatica":3g23oh3a said:
He was beveled, now he's on point

Uh no. Kearse was bad in 2016 of his own accord. It’s not even that he didn’t have chances (76 targets), which is pretty surprising given he was absolutely not our top 1, 2, or 3 option.

With the Jets, they were so bad, he was immediately their top guy (that’s wild). He did get open and made the catches, but he also still ended up middle of the road.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Robby Anderson is pretty dang good: 63/941/7. Kearse's stats were better than middle of the road. 65/810/5 is good. Again, they had Josh McCown throwing to them. I think with Darnold they could really go off.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I have nothing but love for this kid and wish him all the success in the world. He made so many big, BIG plays for us.

adeltaY

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":yds6yn68 said:
Loved Kearse but he was pretty damn inconsistent.

That's a fair assessment. Great story for a UDFA and made some Seahawks-history worthy catches, but also some significant drops or OPIs here and there.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When he was at UW, we used to call him Feast or Famine. Would make spectacular catches, then drop easy passes. Great dude and a good competitor though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Good for Jermaine, nothing but love for him.......even though he drove me crazy with the inconsistent play and drops.

He'd probably still be here if the Jets didn't target him as a player they were interested in so we could get Sheldon last year.............their WR corp was depleted, and we sure as hell weren't giving up Doug or Tyler.

Latest posts