Raiders waive Obi Melifonwu

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I remember he was a favorite of some here a year or so ago.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1032727302747107335[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
He's not right, knee hip or something going on, I really wanted him prior to the draft, if he can get healthy he would be a nice guy to see in the backfield if his head is on straight.

drrew

Reaction score
Seemed like a guy who if nothing else could have been a special teams star, but if he's just not that into it, all the athleticism in the world, and he has all of it, doesn't mean a damn thing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
im guessing he’ll clear waivers and then someone might take a flyer on him, but they shouldn’t be expecting much.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm one of the few that never saw the Cam comparisons that people spouted here. His instincts in coverage are absolutely horrible (or were in college). I agree with whoever said Norton would know though and if they bring him in for a try I trust his judgement. However, personally I don't expect it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
DJrmb":3gnnnalc said:
I'm one of the few that never saw the Cam comparisons that people spouted here. His instincts in coverage are absolutely horrible (or were in college). I agree with whoever said Norton would know though and if they bring him in for a try I trust his judgement. However, personally I don't expect it.

True. He had no instincts in coverage, and even worse, displayed poor effort on many plays. Fits with what people are saying about the Raiders not believing he truly "loves" football.