Odell Beckham

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
2_0_6":3a6r4sma said:
Worth every penny

He has been great, but I don’t think any position outside of QB is worth this kind of money in today’s game under current cba. This might be the reason why Mack, Donald and Thomas are also waiting. Single players (defense even more so) on the top contract $$$ we are seeing now have such high risk - not sure the value is really there (war, and opportunity for use of $$$ across team).

2_0_6

Reaction score
OBJ is just as good as AB, both explosive and immediate game changers.

Some value positions more than others, and a great WR and CB after QB are my top 3 values.

My .02

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":ebk21bc0 said:

Some value positions more than others, and a great WR and CB after QB are my top 3 values.

My .02

Tell me one WR in history that put their team over the top to win the Super Bowl?

hint: there hasn't been any.

That tells me all I need to know in terms of spending big $ on that position.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1c4ry64c said:
2_0_6":1c4ry64c said:

My .02

Tell me one WR in history that put their team over the top to win the Super Bowl?

Throughout the history of the NFL, it has never been the pass happy league that is it today. WR"s that can stretch the field and get YAC get PAID.

Look at Prich.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
2_0_6":k4wc72pn said:
Milehighhawk":k4wc72pn said:
2_0_6":k4wc72pn said:

My .02

Throughout the history of the NFL, it has never been the pass happy league that is it today. WR"s that can stretch the field and get YAC get PAID.

Look at Prich.

They get paid, but that doesn’t mean it is a smart move or a good value for the team or that will ultimately help them win a super bowl. You do not need to pay 18-20m to a single WR to have an effective passing game. The rules themselves make it easier than ever on receivers. I don’t think cost and risk to acquire in the market right now is in line with in game impact/contribution to team wins.

The giants have largely sucked as a team with OBJ on it. He is not the problem, but obviously they need more help throughout the team; they now pay infinitely more for the same player and hope for the same production without additional injury.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2o8p4rli said:
Milehighhawk":2o8p4rli said:
2_0_6":2o8p4rli said:

My .02

Throughout the history of the NFL has never been the pass happy league that is it today.

Ok let's validate that assumption. I think the last 5 super bowl winners could be classified as operating in "the pass happy league that it is today."

[align=]2017 Season: Eagles - Top paid receiver: Alshon Jeffery. @ $10 mil. Season stats: 57 rec, 789 yds, 9 TD.

2016 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Chris Hogan @ $5.5 mil. Season stats: 38 rec, 680 yds, 4 TD.

2015 Season: Broncos - Top paid receiver: Demaryius Thomas @ $13.2 mil. Season stats: 105 rec, 1304 yds, 6 TD

2014 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Danny Amendola @ 4.7 mil, Season stats: 27 rec, 200 yds, 1 TD

2013 Season: Seahawks - Top paid receiver: Percy Harvin @ 5.9 mil, Season Stats: 1 rec, 17 yd, 0 TD[/align]

Looking at the above, Alshon Jeffery last year and DT in 2015 could be considered "top paid", but it would be a real stretch to say they were the reasons that put them over the top for a SB victory.

Again, one man's opinion, but the data seems to back it up.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I haven't even seen the amount he's getting paid and I'm already pretty sure he's overpaid. Players and teams need to realize how much of a team game football is. It's not like basketball. There's no single player (including QBs) that is going to go to a team and make them an instant contender so teams would be better off not paying anybody like they are.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":zjwku4en said:
2_0_6":zjwku4en said:
Milehighhawk":zjwku4en said:
2_0_6":zjwku4en said:

My .02

Throughout the history of the NFL has never been the pass happy league that is it today.

Ok let's validate that assumption. I think the last 5 super bowl winners could be classified as operating in "the pass happy league that it is today."

[align=]2017 Season: Eagles - Top paid receiver: Alshon Jeffery. @ $10 mil. Season stats: 57 rec, 789 yds, 9 TD.

2016 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Chris Hogan @ $5.5 mil. Season stats: 38 rec, 680 yds, 4 TD.

2015 Season: Broncos - Top paid receiver: Demaryius Thomas @ $13.2 mil. Season stats: 105 rec, 1304 yds, 6 TD

2014 Season: Patriots - Top paid receiver: Danny Amendola @ 4.7 mil, Season stats: 27 rec, 200 yds, 1 TD

2013 Season: Seahawks - Top paid receiver: Percy Harvin @ 5.9 mil, Season Stats: 1 rec, 17 yd, 0 TD[/align]

Looking at the above, Alshon Jeffery last year and DT in 2015 could be considered "top paid", but it would be a real stretch to say they were the reasons that put them over the top for a SB victory.

Again, one man's opinion, but the data seems to back it up.

I get where you are going, but the Patriots seem to win with anyone so I don't count them. :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
The question has to be asked, is he going to be on the Madden cover?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
There are no Wr's today worth anywhere near 19 mil.
The game is so easy with the rules and pass happy offenses.
The Giants are just plain stupid when it comes to the cap.

2_0_6

Reaction score
No player is worth $______ million per year, but that is the reoccurring chatter every season about a different player now making the most at every position. The NFL is swimming in cash, we know this, the players know this, and the agents know this.

Crazy to think how much some of these guys are paid.

Kirk Cousins: $28mil per year
Blake Bortles: $17mil per year
ZIggy Ansah: $17mil per year (tag)
Demarcus Lawrence: $17mil per year (tag)

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
That's a crazy contract. No way is ANY WR worth that much. Kudos to him though, I like that he kept "somewhat" of a low profile during this window. He put his pads on and went to work instead of holding out and acting like a punk.

I will say it was ridiculous how he and his teammates, especially Sterling Shepard, were acting in the videos posted afterward. These are the children that are making millions and millions of dollars and still bellyaching for more. I'm not sure what Shepard was so giddy about, anyway. NY most likely won't be able to give him what he's looking for.