Predicting New Playoff Teams

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Since the NFL went to a 12 team playoff in 1990, at least four new teams have made the playoffs. Last season there were eight new teams in the playoffs. I think I make this thread before the season each year, and usually ask for five. So give me your new five while taking out the same amount.

Last years playoff teams:
Patriots (AFC East)
Steelers (AFC North)
Jaguars (AFC South)
Chiefs (AFC West)
Titans (AFC Wild Card)
Bills (AFC Wild Card)

Eagles (NFC East)
Vikings (NFC North)
Rams (NFC West)
Saints (NFC South)
Panthers (NFC Wild Card)
Falcons (NFC Wild Card)

I like the Ravens, Texans, and Chargers to make it from the AFC. I will be taking out the Chiefs, Titans and Bills. The NFC East hasn't had back to back champions sine 2004, keep that in mind. I like the Packers and Giants to make it while taking out the Falcons and Panthers.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I think Chargers will be the team competing with the Pats for #1 in the AFC. Finally have a solid defense to help Philip Rivers, can run the ball well, and their receivers are pretty good.

Texans get a WC with healthy Watson at QB

Packers get a WC spot

Seahawks get a WC spot :stirthepot:

AFC North is close every year so my 5th will be Ravens making it

Take out Panthers, Bills, Titans, Falcons, Chiefs

Ramfan128

Reaction score
The NFC is beyond ridiculous this year.

I feel like some major injury will hit one of the big four and sideline them, but since that's hard to predict, how do you not have the Eagles, Vikings, Rams and Saints in the playoffs?

So I'd kick Atlanta and Carolina out and replace them with some combination of Seattle, Dallas, and Green Bay

In the AFC I think the new playoff teams will be the Browns (yep I said it), Texans and Chargers - leaving will be the Titans, Chiefs and Bills.

JGreen79

Reaction score
The Panthers have never had back to back winning seasons so take them out, replace them with the Packers. I don't see the NFC changing much more than that.

In the AFC I'm going to go with Steelers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans out. Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Texans in.

Erebus

Reaction score
JGreen79":1mo3qf8y said:
The Panthers have never had back to back winning seasons so take them out, replace them with the Packers. I don't see the NFC changing much more than that.

In the AFC I'm going to go with Steelers, Chiefs, Bills, Titans out. Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Texans in.

You see, the same thing gets said every year. Nobody can see these changes coming, and yet they always happen. The only constant is the Patriots. Sometimes changes are caused by injuries, but that's impossible to predict.