Rams attemted to get K. Mack

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
This just gets fans amped, I doubt there is actually much too it. Over half the league made the call.

94Smith

Reaction score
Can't see how it would be smart for the rams to offer up all that draft capital for Mack. They are going to have to replace all that talent with cheap draft picks or they are going to go from first to worst very quickly. Have to pay Goff eventually as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crazy..........and shows you the power of what we already know, it's SO much easier to build a great team around a QB on his rookie deal.

8M vs 20+M goes a LONG LONG way in doing what the Rams are doing. But they better win now, cause their cap's going to implode with the force of 1,000 dying suns in a year or two.

94Smith

Reaction score
And Eddie D cheating the cap is a pretty liberal use of the word. Lots of those contracts and bonuses were deferred to late into the 90s and early 2000s and the 49ers paid the price dearly dealing with the dead money during those years. It was more of a win now at all costs later policy.

mrt144

Reaction score
[align=][/align]
94Smith":3u6kq885 said:
Can't see how it would be smart for the rams to offer up all that draft capital for Mack. They are going to have to replace all that talent with cheap draft picks or they are going to go from first to worst very quickly. Have to pay Goff eventually as well.

Do they have to pay Goff? I think theres still a lot of ink drying on the notion that he is the man of the future in LA. He is the right price, right now but we are only two full seasons in his career. Maybe you discount that first season but to think he is a lock for an extension with only one above average at best season under his belt...

94Smith

Reaction score
mrt144":1kqggqca said:
[align=][/align]
94Smith":1kqggqca said:

Do they have to pay Goff? I think theres still a lot of ink drying on the notion that he is the man of the future in LA. He is the right price, right now but we are only two full seasons in his career. Maybe you discount that first season but to think he is a lock for an extension with only one above average at best season under his belt...

No they don't have to pay him, but in this era of the NFL it seems that any semi decent QB gets paid

mrt144

Reaction score
94Smith":3sxqwl9d said:
mrt144":3sxqwl9d said:
[align=][/align]
94Smith":3sxqwl9d said:

No they don't have to pay him, but in this era of the NFL it seems that any semi decent QB gets paid

Touche. I wish the Rams weren't in the NFC West so I could more passively observe them instead of hoping for football misery and pain that would make the Fisher years look quaint by comparison.

Osprey

Reaction score
94Smith":1xbi1o2a said:
mrt144":1xbi1o2a said:
[align=][/align]
94Smith":1xbi1o2a said:

Might end in epic failure, but I'd love to see an NFL team go with a College model of a new QB every four or five years.

Don't have a link, but 1080 the Fan (PDX) were having the conversation of winning Super Bowl QBs being equally bell curved between 1st contract bargains and cap busting elite vets.