cooper kupp

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
The more I watch him play, the more pissed off I get that we didn't draft him. I watched him all through college destroy everyone and is a really solid nfl guy. With Baldwin shelved, it is difficult to watch him kill everyone with his route running.

OP
OP
bevellisthedevil

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
But on the bright side we drafted Malik Mcdowell, who I hear is tearing it up on the atv circuit.

kf3339

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":6hgvzg1z said:
The more I watch him play, the more pissed off I get that we didn't draft him. I watched him all through college destroy everyone and is a really solid nfl guy. With Baldwin shelved, it is difficult to watch him kill everyone with his route running.

Agreed. He is from my hometown and high school. Would have loved to have him on the Hawks, but probably didn't have a high enough sparq to satisfy PC. Or whatever they call it.

Same thing happened when they took Richardson, but I wanted Davante Adams.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Ugh, thanks for bringing up old wounds! I wanted them to draft Kupp so bad. It was bad enough they passed on him, but to then have LA take him was infuriating. He is such a good WR. He would've been money here.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Kupp is one of those head scratchers. Why didn't we draft him? His College tape was plenty good.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
bevellisthedevil":3lta3hzr said:
But on the bright side we drafted Malik Mcdowell, who I hear is tearing it up on the atv circuit.

Have you ever gotten over that one time in junior high school, when that one thing happened, causing you untold anguish and anxiety for the last 40 years? Probably not. Go ahead and continue to dwell on one draft pick who got in a wreck. Certainly it's the only time that's ever happened in the history of the NFL.

Chapow

Reaction score
It seems like he's going to be a quality starter and that's great, good for him. But Kupp was a 3rd round pick. Every team in the league had ample opportunity to draft him but chose to go a different route. It's not like the Seahawks are the only team that passed on him.

There are far superior players that the Seahawks and every other team passed on also. It happens. Clinging to some kind of bitterness or animosity towards the Seahawks over this one guy seems odd and pointless.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yeah as much as I hate the Rams, it's impossible not to root for a player like Kupp..........he embodies everything you love to root for in sports.

Local kid made good through hard work climbed his way onto an NFL roster, and is making the most of it.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I like his game, and local dude and and all of that. But man, every time I watch he seems to have at least one bad drop.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
kobebryant":2v7q2ols said:
I like his game, and local dude and and all of that. But man, every time I watch he seems to have at least one bad drop.

Indeed that is the case. It's odd because his hands were/are one of his biggest strengths coming out of college.

There are some that I probably forget from last year because for the most part, we were successful - but in two of our losses he had drops that likely cost us the game - against Seattle, although a tough catch, hit him in the hands. And against Minnesota - a play that would have put us in the redzone at a point when the game was tied. He also fumbled on the goal line - so in a game we ended up losing 24-7, we probably have around 17 if he held onto the ball.

Then Monday night against the Raiders. He's had several more but I can't remember the specifics.

Having said all that, he's still going to emerge as one of the top slot WRs in the NFL this year IMO.

ivotuk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":m9aknur2 said:
Have you ever gotten over that one time in junior high school, when that one thing happened, causing you untold anguish and anxiety for the last 40 years? Probably not. .

Man...that shit still bugs me! And actually, it was Pre-School, bitch stole my crayons!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ivotuk":b4a4pdlc said:
GeekHawk":b4a4pdlc said:
Have you ever gotten over that one time in junior high school, when that one thing happened, causing you untold anguish and anxiety for the last 40 years? Probably not. .

Man...that shit still bugs me! And actually, it was Pre-School, bitch stole my crayons!

It was only the green one...and she gave it to me...I got over it...so can you. :rumble:

minormillikin

Reaction score
As illogical as it seems in a giant business like NFL football, I'd just love it if more players were local products. It would be nice if we were cheering for more than laundry and if players on our team were actually from the area.

This Cougar alum will proudly cheer extra for Dissly, being a UW grad and Bozeman native (close enough).

kobebryant

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3d2n5nw2 said:
kobebryant":3d2n5nw2 said:

Indeed that is the case. It's odd because his hands were/are one of his biggest strengths coming out of college.

There are some that I probably forget from last year because for the most part, we were successful - but in two of our losses he had drops that likely cost us the game - against Seattle, although a tough catch, hit him in the hands. And against Minnesota - a play that would have put us in the redzone at a point when the game was tied. He also fumbled on the goal line - so in a game we ended up losing 24-7, we probably have around 17 if he held onto the ball.

Then Monday night against the Raiders. He's had several more but I can't remember the specifics.

Having said all that, he's still going to emerge as one of the top slot WRs in the NFL this year IMO.

No doubt, excellent player and a steal - I actually think I'd prefer him on a week to week basis over Watkins. It wouldn't surprise me if the drops become a thing of the past really soon.

HawkGA

Reaction score
GeekHawk":37627n4g said:
bevellisthedevil":37627n4g said:

Have you ever gotten over that one time in junior high school, when that one thing happened, causing you untold anguish and anxiety for the last 40 years? Probably not. Go ahead and continue to dwell on one draft pick who got in a wreck. Certainly it's the only time that's ever happened in the history of the NFL.

I'm still mad Holmgren didn't stick with Kitna. :179422:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Isn’t he a slot guy, we already have one of those.

Chapow

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":7sfkz0os said:
Is he the guy from Yakima? I grew up there. Loved that city.

You loved Yakima? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before. :p

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Chapow":3ueturzu said:
5_Golden_Rings":3ueturzu said:

This is going to sound somewhat vain, but really it's meant to convey the magic of this place to the 8 year old kid I was, and I was so fortunate to fall into so many of the cool things there...

When you grow up there, meet your first love there as a kid, walk to Selah and climb those little mountains, walk from Franklin Middle School the Greenway and don't get kidnapped by a pedo, climb on some of the bigger buildings, go the MLK for the magnet program after mistakenly being put in the migrant summer school program by your dipstick parents, join Company 7, go on freaking tv in a sort of smokey the bear commercial, also make a fool of yourself on another local tv thing regarding the presidential election when asked if you had any "skeletons in your closet" and not knowing wtf the dude was talking about, act in a Davis High school play when you're in fourth grade, and have two of your teachers win those stupid crystal apple things, it grows on you.

Yeah I don't know why but those 8 years were the best of my life despite my home life being absolutely horror story worthy. I had the same elementary teacher for three straight years. She just graduated with us. She went so far above and beyond it was absurd.

The decorations made it look like I was walking into Narnia. Moss and plants hanging everywhere; ferns, little palm trees, and it changed themes a few times a year, and each year. 4th grade it looked like a giant aquarium, with a deep sea ocean theme. We didn't have desks. We sat on the floor in a kind of "round table" thing and discussed topics like that. We had tables, of course, but no desks. It was so different...

After Yakima, I moved around to 6 other states. It was hard as hell. So maybe that was why Yakima stuck so firmly in my head as a Mecca of sorts.

I went back a few years ago. They turned my childhood house and the church next to it into a freaking parking lot and Free Mason lodge. So much changed. It felt like walking through a grave yard, to be honest.

But when I die, I think I'll go back and haunt that place.

nanomoz

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2mmluze4 said:
Chapow":2mmluze4 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2mmluze4 said:

This is going to sound somewhat vain, but really it's meant to convey the magic of this place to the 8 year old kid I was, and I was so fortunate to fall into so many of the cool things there...

When you grow up there, meet your first love there as a kid, walk to Selah and climb those little mountains, walk from Franklin Middle School the Greenway and don't get kidnapped by a pedo, climb on some of the bigger buildings, go the MLK for the magnet program after mistakenly being put in the migrant summer school program by your dipstick parents, join Company 7, go on freaking tv in a sort of smokey the bear commercial, also make a fool of yourself on another local tv thing regarding the presidential election when asked if you had any "skeletons in your closet" and not knowing wtf the dude was talking about, act in a Davis High school play when you're in fourth grade, and have two of your teachers win those stupid crystal apple things, it grows on you.

Yeah I don't know why but those 8 years were the best of my life despite my home life being absolutely horror story worthy. I had the same elementary teacher for three straight years. She just graduated with us. She went so far above and beyond it was absurd.

The decorations made it look like I was walking into Narnia. Moss and plants hanging everywhere; ferns, little palm trees, and it changed themes a few times a year, and each year. 4th grade it looked like a giant aquarium, with a deep sea ocean theme. We didn't have desks. We sat on the floor in a kind of "round table" thing and discussed topics like that. We had tables, of course, but no desks. It was so different...

After Yakima, I moved around to 6 other states. It was hard as hell. So maybe that was why Yakima stuck so firmly in my head as a Mecca of sorts.

I went back a few years ago. They turned my childhood house and the church next to it into a freaking parking lot and Free Mason lodge. So much changed. It felt like walking through a grave yard, to be honest.

But when I die, I think I'll go back and haunt that place.

Great post 5. Great post. I really enjoyed it, as a sort of a shirt essay on what makes "place," both the idea, and the physical thing.

Latest posts