Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Alex Collins

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Alex Collins
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:43 pm
  • Watching AC play and realizing we drafted Penny in the first round because we couldn’t figure out how to use AC is quite annoying
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Re: Alex Collins
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:35 pm
  • Releasing him and keeping Eddie Lacy is annoying. Stupid coaching decisions.
    Last edited by hawkfan68 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Yeah 9 carries for 35 yards will do that to guy
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:16 am

• Collins had a really poor rookie year; he was so indecisive. Then he started to look really good in his 2nd camp and preseason. Unfortunately, Chris Carson looked even better that preseason. They made the decision to keep Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise, even though none of them had shown anything in the preseason, and made the 4th spot a Collins vs. Carson battle. They also kept Madden as the FB.

I could see Penny making the same big jump from year one to year two that Collins made. I think he will struggle with the speed of the game as a rookie. Against the good run defenses he faced in college, he never did anything. But things should slow down for him in his 2nd year, particularly after he has an off-season to get stronger and faster.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:16 am
  • Ravens fans were complaining they didn't give AC enough touches. Dude looks like a monster.... and not just because his line can block and the Ravens use a very effective run scheme. He breaks tackles at a very high rate and can catch the ball too!
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:06 am
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:18 am
  • of only we kept Collins instead of Rawls, we will have Carson, Collins, Mr. Glass as our RB corp.,

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:43 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:

Collins had a really poor rookie year; he was so indecisive. Then he started to look really good in his 2nd camp and preseason. Unfortunately, Chris Carson looked even better that preseason. They made the decision to keep Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise, even though none of them had shown anything in the preseason, and made the 4th spot a Collins vs. Carson battle. They also kept Madden as the FB.

I could see Penny making the same big jump from year one to year two that Collins made. I think he will struggle with the speed of the game as a rookie. Against the good run defenses he faced in college, he never did anything. But things should slow down for him in his 2nd year, particularly after he has an off-season to get stronger and faster.

He looked like crap here the same year he signed with the Ravens and then looked great
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:10 pm
  • I loved the Collins pick but he got nothing but crapped on here in very limited touches(something to keep in mind with Penny). Keeping Eddie Lacey was a pretty frustrating move at the time and even more so now.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:15 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:

Collins had a really poor rookie year; he was so indecisive. Then he started to look really good in his 2nd camp and preseason. Unfortunately, Chris Carson looked even better that preseason. They made the decision to keep Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise, even though none of them had shown anything in the preseason, and made the 4th spot a Collins vs. Carson battle. They also kept Madden as the FB.

He looked like crap here the same year he signed with the Ravens and then looked great

Not true. Collins looked awesome in the 2nd preseason game against the Vikings. A lot of people were raving about his improvement at that time.

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:32 pm
  • Natethegreat wrote:I loved the Collins pick but he got nothing but crapped on here in very limited touches(something to keep in mind with Penny). Keeping Eddie Lacey was a pretty frustrating move at the time and even more so now.

From Beastmode to Feastmode.

A.D.I.D.A.S.
    NET Practice Squad

Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:43 pm
  • mikeak wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:

Yep,
    And he fumbled a bit here as well.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:54 am
  • Pretty sure I was Collin's second biggest fan here. Just another victim of Cabevel.

Of course I thought Lacy would pan out too, so there is that.

Wonder what Lacy would have done with a competent O-line/ running game coach and offensive coordinator.
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:Pretty sure I was Collin's second biggest fan here. Just another victim of Cabevel.

Of course I thought Lacy would pan out too, so there is that.

Wonder what Lacy would have done with a competent O-line/ running game coach and offensive coordinator.

...and an elite future HoF QB to take pressure of him.

Oh wait...the Packers could tell you what he did in those circumstances.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:13 am
  • To me keeping Lacay over Collins was a pure example of Pete not staying true to the 'always compete' mantra.

Lacy was a complete waste of a roster spot and didn't earn one dime of his $3 mil salary. Keeping him was a very poor roster decision at the very least.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information