Alex Collins

mikeak

Reaction score
Watching AC play and realizing we drafted Penny in the first round because we couldn’t figure out how to use AC is quite annoying

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah 9 carries for 35 yards will do that to guy

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1040544688623759365[/tweet]

Collins had a really poor rookie year; he was so indecisive. Then he started to look really good in his 2nd camp and preseason. Unfortunately, Chris Carson looked even better that preseason. They made the decision to keep Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise, even though none of them had shown anything in the preseason, and made the 4th spot a Collins vs. Carson battle. They also kept Madden as the FB.

I could see Penny making the same big jump from year one to year two that Collins made. I think he will struggle with the speed of the game as a rookie. Against the good run defenses he faced in college, he never did anything. But things should slow down for him in his 2nd year, particularly after he has an off-season to get stronger and faster.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ravens fans were complaining they didn't give AC enough touches. Dude looks like a monster.... and not just because his line can block and the Ravens use a very effective run scheme. He breaks tackles at a very high rate and can catch the ball too!

toffee

Reaction score
of only we kept Collins instead of Rawls, we will have Carson, Collins, Mr. Glass as our RB corp.,

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2ho1t00p said:

Collins had a really poor rookie year; he was so indecisive. Then he started to look really good in his 2nd camp and preseason. Unfortunately, Chris Carson looked even better that preseason. They made the decision to keep Lacy, Rawls, and Prosise, even though none of them had shown anything in the preseason, and made the 4th spot a Collins vs. Carson battle. They also kept Madden as the FB.

I could see Penny making the same big jump from year one to year two that Collins made. I think he will struggle with the speed of the game as a rookie. Against the good run defenses he faced in college, he never did anything. But things should slow down for him in his 2nd year, particularly after he has an off-season to get stronger and faster.

He looked like crap here the same year he signed with the Ravens and then looked great

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I loved the Collins pick but he got nothing but crapped on here in very limited touches(something to keep in mind with Penny). Keeping Eddie Lacey was a pretty frustrating move at the time and even more so now.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
mikeak":1wfoekyu said:
hawknation2018":1wfoekyu said:

He looked like crap here the same year he signed with the Ravens and then looked great

Not true. Collins looked awesome in the 2nd preseason game against the Vikings. A lot of people were raving about his improvement at that time.

[youtube]Q83sToSE1HY[/youtube]

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2lyks14n said:
I loved the Collins pick but he got nothing but crapped on here in very limited touches(something to keep in mind with Penny). Keeping Eddie Lacey was a pretty frustrating move at the time and even more so now.
From Beastmode to Feastmode.

1pm7zLz Yv4tcPVdoEZLBVA

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mikeak":2gpccgf4 said:
hawknation2018":2gpccgf4 said:

Yep,
And he fumbled a bit here as well.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Pretty sure I was Collin's second biggest fan here. Just another victim of Cabevel.

Of course I thought Lacy would pan out too, so there is that.

Wonder what Lacy would have done with a competent O-line/ running game coach and offensive coordinator.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1s6e3nm9 said:
Pretty sure I was Collin's second biggest fan here. Just another victim of Cabevel.

Of course I thought Lacy would pan out too, so there is that.

Wonder what Lacy would have done with a competent O-line/ running game coach and offensive coordinator.

...and an elite future HoF QB to take pressure of him.

Oh wait...the Packers could tell you what he did in those circumstances.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me keeping Lacay over Collins was a pure example of Pete not staying true to the 'always compete' mantra.

Lacy was a complete waste of a roster spot and didn't earn one dime of his $3 mil salary. Keeping him was a very poor roster decision at the very least.

Seafan

Reaction score
Alex Collins would be the 4th stringer on this team and I would rather have Russ run with it with Russ's 5.8 YPC vs. Alex's 3.6.

Alex Collins is ok behind a very good OL. He's a slower version of Penny. He's not got the toughness of Carson or Davis.

He didn't deserve to make the team last year and I agree with the Lacy stuff. He really didn't fit, Pete confused size with toughness. Lacy is dough boy soft. Don't know what happened to Rawls. He fell off the planet. Signing Lacy and Joeckel were huge desperate gambles to improve the running game that failed. IMO Pete has better info surrounding him than previous seasons. Of course the market drives what is available.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seafan":32quqlsi said:
Alex Collins would be the 4th stringer on this team and I would rather have Russ run with it with Russ's 5.8 YPC vs. Alex's 3.6.

Alex Collins is ok behind a very good OL. He's a slower version of Penny. He's not got the toughness of Carson or Davis.

He didn't deserve to make the team last year and I agree with the Lacy stuff. He really didn't fit, Pete confused size with toughness. Lacy is dough boy soft. Don't know what happened to Rawls. He fell off the planet. Signing Lacy and Joeckel were huge desperate gambles to improve the running game that failed. IMO Pete has better info surrounding him than previous seasons. Of course the market drives what is available.

I couldn't agree more but man were people pissed when AC was playing well last year. Just funny the difference a year makes.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Collins, behind this line, would be a better second string than Davis. He’d be better than Penny has been this year, but I don’t think we have a clear picture of Penny’s ceiling yet.