Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Josh Gordon a Patriot!

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Josh Gordon a Patriot!
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:44 pm
  • Guessing hes back on the cough syrup or whatever hes addicted to. If hes not suspended guessing he ends up on the Pats. Lit of talent flushed down the drug addict toilet bowl...
    Last edited by Cyrus12 on Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6603
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:53 pm
  • Seems like a huge dumbass that does whatever he wants. I don’t think he would make it with the Pats. In any case, will likely be claimed by a team higher in the order ( or is he not subject to waivers?)
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4463
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:05 pm
  • A sober and focused Gordon on the Pats would be the best receiver in the league. Hope
    it happens.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1765
    Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:02 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:17 pm
  • Hope we go for him.
    Beren
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 204
    Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:50 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:53 pm
  • Its really to bad that 1. Josh Gordon is to dumb to just stop smoking weed. And 2. Weed is still a banned substance in the NFL/Not legal everywhere.

    Dumb all around.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2147
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:59 pm
  • I really was hoping for a Josh Gordon comeback.

    This is making me sad.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3345
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:01 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Its really to bad that 1. Josh Gordon is to dumb to just stop smoking weed. And 2. Weed is still a banned substance in the NFL/Not legal everywhere.

    Dumb all around.


    Josh is not dumb. He’s addicted.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3345
    Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:47 am
    Location: San Diego


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:07 pm
  • We already brought in Kendricks, lets bring in another great but troubled player.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4115
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:29 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:11 pm
  • So.....a few things here. I've been a big believer in Gordon ever since he came into the league. I'll reserve my judgements until all the facts surface. That being said:

    1. Sounds like word coming out of Cleveland is that he tweaked his hamstring at a promotional shoot for a high school football field dedication ceremony.

    2. He showed up to Cleveland's facility this morning a few minutes late and reported to team doctors. He was apparently erratic and upset at himself because "he felt he let the team down".

    3. Team sources said there was a fear he had relapsed.

    There's been no official word on any failed tests yet, but it's very possible he was so upset with himself because he tweaked his hammy outside of team activities and had been ruled out for tomorrow. At this point, who knows? Only two things are 100% certain. 1.) Gordon is definitely an addict who absolutely seemed like he was on the right path and doing well. 2.) It doesn't get anymore Cleveland Brown than sticking by a guy for 6 long years, only to cut ties with him after all of this. And of there is no positive test that comes out, and Gordon goes on to be great, shame on Cleveland.

    I'm with Beren. I hope the Hawks go for him.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1523
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:29 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:Its really to bad that 1. Josh Gordon is to dumb to just stop smoking weed. And 2. Weed is still a banned substance in the NFL/Not legal everywhere.

    Dumb all around.


    Josh is not dumb. He’s addicted.


    It is a choice to abuse weed to the point where he feels dependent. Not a smart choice, given it is illegal in most states, and banned by his employer entirely. Saying he is addicted in this way is just pushing blame away from him, like he is some sort of victim. Come on.
    Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4463
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:32 pm
  • Looks like teams are trying to trade for him. Hasnt been released yet.

    If he does get released he will go to waivers and definitely wont make it down to Seattle.

    Id Have no problem bringing him in if he isnt facing suspension and really has his addiction under control. I would think weed would be a relatively easy addiction to kick if you are really commited.


    Edit: Nevermind he won't go through waivers. I saw multiple reports saying he would but now they are correcting themselves.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2147
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:40 am
    Location: Enumclaw, WA


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:47 pm
  • So basically he did something stupid, got hurt, and possibly self-medicated to deal with the shame?
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1537
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:44 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Its really to bad that 1. Josh Gordon is to dumb to just stop smoking weed. And 2. Weed is still a banned substance in the NFL/Not legal everywhere.

    Dumb all around.


    Oh, the irony...
    PateratoWilson
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 460
    Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 4:55 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:56 pm
  • “Huge s/o to the city of Cleveland, this place will always feel like home to me,” Gordon said on Instagram, via Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. “I’m extremely honored and blessed to have been able to grow up and start a life amongst such a passionate and motivated group of individuals. It’s been a hell of a journey with you guys. I wish all of you nothing but the best. Thanks to the @ClevelandBrowns organization for having me, I’ll never forget my time here. ‘Same book, next chapter.’ P.S. Anyone need a deep threat WR??



    4th rounder+ throw in Jaron Brown if they want

    Baldwin
    Gordon
    Lockett
    Marshall
    Moore
    Last edited by massari on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1355
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:00 pm
  • He just followed Seahawks and Russ on twitter...
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2793
    Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm
    Location: Delaware


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm
  • I'm saying he ends up in Dallas, and Dez lands in Cleveland
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3240
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:38 pm
  • Good god I'd be happy to have him at this point
    We are flat out beat up
    Stupid injury bug
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 584
    Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:04 pm
    Location: The Burbs in Lacey


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:40 am
  • Isn't the reason he was let go supposedly because he was injured? How would bringing him here help in that department? I want nothing to do with the fantasy of Josh Gordon. Just wasted roster space.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1766
    Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:44 am
  • Sign him if able. We need depth and, more importantly, talent at the WR position.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1973
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 am
  • Yes, yes and yes!

    What exactly does Seattle have to lose if they pick him up?

    The Seahawks aren't losing any draft picks!!!

    Buy low and sell if he gets high (pun intended).
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 961
    Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:12 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:55 am
  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Seems like a huge dumbass that does whatever he wants.


    He has admitted addiction and mental health issues. Makes sense, as the 2 usually go hand in hand.

    Addiction is a bitch. Trust me, I know.

    Sometimes it's not a choice Coug. It's hard to explain to someone who has obviously never dealt with demons.

    Calling him a dumbass is a very narrow minded view IMHO
    acer1240
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1167
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Sandpoint , Idaho


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:25 pm
  • acer1240 wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:Seems like a huge dumbass that does whatever he wants.


    He has admitted addiction and mental health issues. Makes sense, as the 2 usually go hand in hand.

    Addiction is a bitch. Trust me, I know.

    Sometimes it's not a choice Coug. It's hard to explain to someone who has obviously never dealt with demons.

    Calling him a dumbass is a very narrow minded view IMHO


    He injured his hamstring at an event away from the team, and then showed up late to the facility a day before a game? Pretty sure both of those things were his own choices. Not smart ones. There was speculation it was a relapse, but more recent reports say that’s not the case, just bad decision making. Not trust left with the team.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4463
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:44 pm
  • He wants to play for the Cowgirls or Whiners..
    We don't need an addict/mental case in Seattle where the overcast
    and rain depresses certain people.
    The fact weed is legal really doesn't help either.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4432
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:40 pm
  • It's physically impossible to get addicted to weed.
    And all that is speculation anyway with that being his only known issue.
    It very well may have been time for them to move on.
    He would look great in blue and green.
    The Breh
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:58 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:55 pm
  • The Breh wrote:It's physically impossible to get addicted to weed.
    And all that is speculation anyway with that being his only known issue.
    It very well may have been time for them to move on.
    He would look great in blue and green.



    I have seen otherwise, but then again I am sure you have a PHD and all sorts of data to back it up.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26895
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:28 pm
  • Marshall/Wilson would be a great support structure, he'd be cheap to acquire (he'd have to pass a physical first so not much risk there), schefter reported it had nothing to do with a failed test so he isn't facing suspension, him/Marshall on the outside with Baldwin in the slot in the red zone would be glorious, sign me up
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 959
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:28 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    The Breh wrote:It's physically impossible to get addicted to weed.
    And all that is speculation anyway with that being his only known issue.
    It very well may have been time for them to move on.
    He would look great in blue and green.



    I have seen otherwise, but then again I am sure you have a PHD and all sorts of data to back it up.

    And from what you've "seen" makes you more qualified? We all know weed heads, they aren't unique. They like to blow trees, I sure had a great time doing it.
    I've been in treatment before. I've been around addicts of everything there is. I'm talking around the recovery community for years.
    Your body doesn't get physically addicted to weed. I smoked it for countless years and stopped on a dime.
    You might get a little aggy and irritable when you quit. Your body doesn't get physically sick to the point of withdrawals like alcohol or heroin.
    Alcohol withdrawals can be fatal.
    Heroin withdrawals will make you wish you'd rather die.
    Weed heads get grumpy. Learn how to eat like a normal human.
    Smoking weed is a lifestyle people adapt to. Some folks miss the lifestyle.
    Go visit some treatment centers or meetings and witness true addiction. Talk to and witness the afflicted of serious drugs. Then say you can't live without weed and realize how easy your life truly is.
    Anybody "addicted" to weed is using it as a scapegoat for some underlying issues they're trying to avoid.
    A stoner at a treatment facility is taking a bed away from someone who's life is in real danger.
    The Breh
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:58 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:08 pm
  • The Breh wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    The Breh wrote:It's physically impossible to get addicted to weed.
    And all that is speculation anyway with that being his only known issue.
    It very well may have been time for them to move on.
    He would look great in blue and green.



    I have seen otherwise, but then again I am sure you have a PHD and all sorts of data to back it up.

    And from what you've "seen" makes you more qualified? We all know weed heads, they aren't unique. They like to blow trees, I sure had a great time doing it.
    I've been in treatment before. I've been around addicts of everything there is. I'm talking around the recovery community for years.
    Your body doesn't get physically addicted to weed. I smoked it for countless years and stopped on a dime.
    You might get a little aggy and irritable when you quit. Your body doesn't get physically sick to the point of withdrawals like alcohol or heroin.
    Alcohol withdrawals can be fatal.
    Heroin withdrawals will make you wish you'd rather die.
    Weed heads get grumpy. Learn how to eat like a normal human.
    Smoking weed is a lifestyle people adapt to. Some folks miss the lifestyle.
    Go visit some treatment centers or meetings and witness true addiction. Talk to and witness the afflicted of serious drugs. Then say you can't live without weed and realize how easy your life truly is.
    Anybody "addicted" to weed is using it as a scapegoat for some underlying issues they're trying to avoid.
    A stoner at a treatment facility is taking a bed away from someone who's life is in real danger.



    I have lived and was married with someone who was, it was gone and she did what you stated became irratable and missed the THC and euphoria of feeling high, it is also a gateway drug that led to other things. 8 stints in rehab, losing her kids etc. So don't tell me whats addictive and what is not bucko.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26895
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:38 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:


    I have lived and was married with someone who was, it was gone and she did what you stated became irratable and missed the THC and euphoria of feeling high, it is also a gateway drug that led to other things. 8 stints in rehab, losing her kids etc. So don't tell me whats addictive and what is not bucko.


    Certainly can be mentally addictive and a gateway drug, but find it very difficult to believe pot was directly responsible for 8 visits/losing kids/etc... Much more likely on the back of the drugs it led to

    Back on the topic though, something to keep in mind is that he's also on a 1 year deal for only 790k, and is a rfa (if he has a decent season can be retained for another cheap season or whatever pick the hawks tendered him at)... The upside FAR outweighs what would likely only be a CONDITIONAL 5th(at most I'd imagine) -7th round pick
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 959
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:18 pm
  • Obviously, I'd love for the Hawks to acquire him. What would you say would be a fair trade for him?
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1523
    Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:05 am
    Location: Out here


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:44 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:Its really to bad that 1. Josh Gordon is to dumb to just stop smoking weed. And 2. Weed is still a banned substance in the NFL/Not legal everywhere.

    Dumb all around.


    Josh is not dumb. He’s addicted.


    To weed?
    Threedee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1931
    Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:08 pm
    Location: Federal Way, WA


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:02 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    The Breh wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    The Breh wrote:It's physically impossible to get addicted to weed.
    And all that is speculation anyway with that being his only known issue.
    It very well may have been time for them to move on.
    He would look great in blue and green.



    I have seen otherwise, but then again I am sure you have a PHD and all sorts of data to back it up.

    And from what you've "seen" makes you more qualified? We all know weed heads, they aren't unique. They like to blow trees, I sure had a great time doing it.
    I've been in treatment before. I've been around addicts of everything there is. I'm talking around the recovery community for years.
    Your body doesn't get physically addicted to weed. I smoked it for countless years and stopped on a dime.
    You might get a little aggy and irritable when you quit. Your body doesn't get physically sick to the point of withdrawals like alcohol or heroin.
    Alcohol withdrawals can be fatal.
    Heroin withdrawals will make you wish you'd rather die.
    Weed heads get grumpy. Learn how to eat like a normal human.
    Smoking weed is a lifestyle people adapt to. Some folks miss the lifestyle.
    Go visit some treatment centers or meetings and witness true addiction. Talk to and witness the afflicted of serious drugs. Then say you can't live without weed and realize how easy your life truly is.
    Anybody "addicted" to weed is using it as a scapegoat for some underlying issues they're trying to avoid.
    A stoner at a treatment facility is taking a bed away from someone who's life is in real danger.



    I have lived and was married with someone who was, it was gone and she did what you stated became irratable and missed the THC and euphoria of feeling high, it is also a gateway drug that led to other things. 8 stints in rehab, losing her kids etc. So don't tell me whats addictive and what is not bucko.

    The irritability is the initial "withdrawal", if we're gonna label it that. It's not a longstanding effect.
    The gateway drug and "lead to other things" sounds like other drugs were involved, leading to 8 stints in rehab.
    It would take a special kind of person to go to rehab 8 times and lose their families over...weed.
    It's a mental thing at that point, which means there's underlying issues causing the need to escape reality. Not the actual THC.
    The Breh
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:58 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:48 pm
  • Thepeelsessions wrote:Obviously, I'd love for the Hawks to acquire him. What would you say would be a fair trade for him?

    I'd give a 4th + throw in Jaron Brown if they want him.

    Is a proven great WR like Gordon failing another drug test any more risky than an unproven 4th round draft pick? I'll take the chance with Gordon and his vet minimum contract.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1355
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:17 pm
  • The Breh wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    The Breh wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

    I have seen otherwise, but then again I am sure you have a PHD and all sorts of data to back it up.

    And from what you've "seen" makes you more qualified? We all know weed heads, they aren't unique. They like to blow trees, I sure had a great time doing it.
    I've been in treatment before. I've been around addicts of everything there is. I'm talking around the recovery community for years.
    Your body doesn't get physically addicted to weed. I smoked it for countless years and stopped on a dime.
    You might get a little aggy and irritable when you quit. Your body doesn't get physically sick to the point of withdrawals like alcohol or heroin.
    Alcohol withdrawals can be fatal.
    Heroin withdrawals will make you wish you'd rather die.
    Weed heads get grumpy. Learn how to eat like a normal human.
    Smoking weed is a lifestyle people adapt to. Some folks miss the lifestyle.
    Go visit some treatment centers or meetings and witness true addiction. Talk to and witness the afflicted of serious drugs. Then say you can't live without weed and realize how easy your life truly is.
    Anybody "addicted" to weed is using it as a scapegoat for some underlying issues they're trying to avoid.
    A stoner at a treatment facility is taking a bed away from someone who's life is in real danger.



    I have lived and was married with someone who was, it was gone and she did what you stated became irratable and missed the THC and euphoria of feeling high, it is also a gateway drug that led to other things. 8 stints in rehab, losing her kids etc. So don't tell me whats addictive and what is not bucko.

    The irritability is the initial "withdrawal", if we're gonna label it that. It's not a longstanding effect.
    The gateway drug and "lead to other things" sounds like other drugs were involved, leading to 8 stints in rehab.
    It would take a special kind of person to go to rehab 8 times and lose their families over...weed.
    It's a mental thing at that point, which means there's underlying issues causing the need to escape reality. Not the actual THC.


    You really don't understand addiction and people with addictive behaviors so I will stop, I said GATEWAY DRUG, so follow with Cocaine, Meth, Heroin or dirivitives.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 26895
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:04 am
  • It's weird how people don't think weed is addictive, but so many people seem to smoke it every day even after it barely gets them high anymore. They just smoke every day because otherwise they get depressed.

    Some people get addicted to anything that tickles their pleasure receptors and weed hammers on pleasure receptors relentlessly.

    In any case, some people are more susceptible to addictions than other people and I'm sure to the non-addictive types it seems like addicts are just dumb, immoral, or lack will power.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm
    Location: East Oly


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:10 am
  • I expect Bo Duke to at least kick the tires on this one. “Talented but troubled” had John & Pete written all over it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm


Re: Josh Gordon released...
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:11 am
  • And he's heading to the Pat's like I initially guessed...why? Because this is how the NFL works. Guarantee ge can drink all the cough syrup and smoke all the crack he wants now without worrying about a failed drug test...
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6603
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:16 am


  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5616
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:17 am
  • Tough playbook to learn but this could be a nightmare for the AFC if he does go to the Pats. Dude's insanely talented, Brady will get the most out of him.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4745
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:24 am
  • Cleveland does a good job of ruining there own season now they want to ruin everyone else by making this trade...another Lombardi for Bill and Tom.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6603
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:40 am
  • WTF, why would they trade him to another AFC team?! Especially the Pats?! Unbelievable. Oh well, I guess it won’t impact the Browns either way. It’s not like they’ll be in the playoffs or competing for a playoff spot any time soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 928
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5616
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:32 pm
  • A conditional 5th round pick where he has to play 10 (more?) games... Unbelievable, shades of us giving up a 1st for branch the same time they acquired moss for a 4th running through my head... No mediocre or nfc team was willing to match that? He's going to be available next Sunday ffs, unreal
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 959
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:46 pm
  • How do we not outbid the pats here ... wow just wow
    hawksincebirth
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 571
    Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Marysville


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:58 pm
  • I ain't gonna lie. I was hoping the Niners were going to make a move for him...

    ...but the news that the Niners DIDN'T get him is far better than the news about who DID get him.

    The Patriots? Jeez. WTF. Great. He's under their control for 2 or 3 years at low salary and if he behaves he might be the one of the most dangerous players in the league.

    Great.

    Its like the Browns were like "welp, we suck...might as well screw everyone else while we're at it".
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6199
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:01 pm
  • hawksincebirth wrote:How do we not outbid the pats here ... wow just wow


    There are 30 other teams in the league besides us and the Pats. At this point it doesn't look like anyone else outbid them either. Might be a reason for that.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2964
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:18 pm
  • hawksincebirth wrote:How do we not outbid the pats here ... wow just wow


    Because we're not competing for a SB this year, so it's stupid to give up valuable future pick(s) for a player that is only going to help you in the short term, if at all.

    Makes perfect sense for the Pats, who desperately need a playmaker receiver. For us? Nope, we're not even close.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14797
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:29 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    hawksincebirth wrote:How do we not outbid the pats here ... wow just wow


    Because we're not competing for a SB this year, so it's stupid to give up valuable future pick(s) for a player that is only going to help you in the short term, if at all.

    Makes perfect sense for the Pats, who desperately need a playmaker receiver. For us? Nope, we're not even close.

    Josh Gordon is an RFA after the season, meaning we'd not only have him cheap this season, but also next season as well (unless he fails another drug test). And if he becomes Julio Jones again, there's another weapon they've got primed for another SB run.

    If healthy soon, the Seahawks will make the playoffs and it'd be nice to add a POTENTIAL superstar for the vet minimum.

    Also Kelcie Mccray/Brett Hundley/Matt Tobin > Josh Gordon potential.....
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1355
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 pm
  • massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    hawksincebirth wrote:How do we not outbid the pats here ... wow just wow


    Because we're not competing for a SB this year, so it's stupid to give up valuable future pick(s) for a player that is only going to help you in the short term, if at all.

    Makes perfect sense for the Pats, who desperately need a playmaker receiver. For us? Nope, we're not even close.

    Josh Gordon is an RFA after the season, meaning we'd not only have him cheap this season, but also next season as well (unless he fails another drug test). And if he becomes Julio Jones again, there's another weapon they've got primed for another SB run.

    If healthy soon, the Seahawks will make the playoffs and it'd be nice to add a POTENTIAL superstar for the vet minimum.

    Also Kelcie Mccray/Brett Hundley/Matt Tobin > Josh Gordon potential.....


    Julio Jones again? Gordon hasn't played a full season in FIVE years.

    Again, I'd be down to gamble on him if he was the missing piece, but if you haven't noticed we have about 10-15 missing pieces right now and already short on picks next year.

    I'm good.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 14797
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Josh Gordon a God Damn Patriot!
Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:02 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    massari wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    hawksincebirth wrote:How do we not outbid the pats here ... wow just wow


    Because we're not competing for a SB this year, so it's stupid to give up valuable future pick(s) for a player that is only going to help you in the short term, if at all.

    Makes perfect sense for the Pats, who desperately need a playmaker receiver. For us? Nope, we're not even close.

    Josh Gordon is an RFA after the season, meaning we'd not only have him cheap this season, but also next season as well (unless he fails another drug test). And if he becomes Julio Jones again, there's another weapon they've got primed for another SB run.

    If healthy soon, the Seahawks will make the playoffs and it'd be nice to add a POTENTIAL superstar for the vet minimum.

    Also Kelcie Mccray/Brett Hundley/Matt Tobin > Josh Gordon potential.....


    Julio Jones again? Gordon hasn't played a full season in FIVE years.

    Again, I'd be down to gamble on him if he was the missing piece, but if you haven't noticed we have about 10-15 missing pieces right now and already short on picks next year.

    I'm good.


    He's a rfa, if he has a good season we could slap a 1st/2nd/3rd round tender and you get a better pick than you gave up and a season of play for 790k, or ANOTHER cheap year... With the downside of a CONDITIONAL 5th round pick with pretty strict requirements (10 games suited up for)

    Edit: why not trade Wilson for those 3 first round picks if we aren't playing to win any time soon /rolleyes
    bigcc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 959
    Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm


Next


It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:44 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests