Pat Mahomes

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Looks like the next big time QB, NFL is in good hands with Watson and Mahomes.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
6TDs is pretty insane! Lots of credit to Reid (and receivers) as well, dudes are running wide open consistently.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
10 TD's is a record for first two games to start an NFL season. Kid is going to be the face of the league for a long time.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Just remembered we play the Chiefs in December this year. Could get ugly, lol.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I thought he was overhyped and that KC reached for him in the draft, boy was I wrong. He looks pretty impressive.

adeltaY

Reaction score
That scheme and skill position talent is unreal. Mahomes seems to fit perfectly. So far he's rookie Watson without the picks. I don't think he is as great as his stats look, but he's impressive for basically a rook.

rcaido

Reaction score
Lets see if they get over the freshman slump or when people figure him out...They said the same thing for Watson before the injury and right now he looks really bad.

Amazing start!

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2dfz1utx said:
I called it from his senior year in college on the 49ers board (Before I got banned due to Nikkina's overly sensitive ass over a questionable Patrick Willis ESPN Bodies picture showcasing a heroically sized schlong blocked out by censor text). Got laughed at by supposed QB gurus and high school and college coaches for saying how good he could be.

All the things I pointed out that transferred to the NFL, like arm strength, accuracy, anticipatory throwing, navigating a pocket, looking off defenders, throwing accurately from awkward angles, throwing accurately from a congested pocket, all these things he showed in college, and they dismissed it because of the scheme he ran. I tried to explain how he didn't often stick to the scheme in the first place, and that he consistently made elite NFL level throws, and yet, they claimed he'd be a bust.

I wanted him at number 2 overall when the 49ers traded down to get Thomas. I'd trade any QB in the NFL right now for him. Any. Because the best ones are going to retire in three or four years, and he is going to surpass every single QB under 30 right now. All of them.

He is a Brett Favre clone and is going to win at least one MVP. Probably multiple. Feels good to say I told you so.

And NO defenses won't "figure him out." You can't figure out a rocket launcher arm combined with natural pocket comfort and a natural sense of timing. You can just try to confuse him. But with a coach like Reid, good luck with that working more than a game or two.

mrt144

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":29jp91c7 said:
Hawk-Lock":29jp91c7 said:
I called it from his senior year in college on the 49ers board (Before I got banned due to Nikkina's overly sensitive ass over a questionable Patrick Willis ESPN Bodies picture showcasing a heroically sized schlong blocked out by censor text). Got laughed at by supposed QB gurus and high school and college coaches for saying how good he could be.

All the things I pointed out that transferred to the NFL, like arm strength, accuracy, anticipatory throwing, navigating a pocket, looking off defenders, throwing accurately from awkward angles, throwing accurately from a congested pocket, all these things he showed in college, and they dismissed it because of the scheme he ran. I tried to explain how he didn't often stick to the scheme in the first place, and that he consistently made elite NFL level throws, and yet, they claimed he'd be a bust.

I wanted him at number 2 overall when the 49ers traded down to get Thomas. I'd trade any QB in the NFL right now for him. Any. Because the best ones are going to retire in three or four years, and he is going to surpass every single QB under 30 right now. All of them.

He is a Brett Favre clone and is going to win at least one MVP. Probably multiple. Feels good to say I told you so.

And NO defenses won't "figure him out." You can't figure out a rocket launcher arm combined with natural pocket comfort and a natural sense of timing. You can just try to confuse him. But with a coach like Reid, good luck with that working more than a game or two.

With a coach like Reid, expect this all to be for naught because he bungles it in the playoffs with some egregious clock management and turtling up.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ried made McNabb look good also, lets see his body of work before we call him the second coming of Brett Farve.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":159tjj20 said:
Ried made McNabb look good also, lets see his body of work before we call him the second coming of Brett Farve.
His body of work in college was off the charts. His body of work in the NFL so far is off the charts. His physical ability is unquestionably Hall of Fame level elite, and not in the sense of Jaws claiming Kaepernick was; in the sense of John Elway coming out of college.

If you are afraid to admit that at least the raw talent is astronomical WITHOUT any caveats (unlike Kaepernick, who always had a slow release and was never a comfortable pocket passer), you're too conservative.

Then add his family background, with TWO big time professional athletes in his life to guide him from childhood, and you know he has the character make up to be great as well, and really, I'd bet my children's lives that within a couple years he's going to be elite for years to come- if he isn't already.

Only weakness he has is aggressiveness. Just wait. This dude is going to be the best QB in the league as soon as Brady, Rodgers and Brees retire.

chris98251

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2x0cc4g8 said:
chris98251":2x0cc4g8 said:
His body of work in college was off the charts. His body of work in the NFL so far is off the charts. His physical ability is unquestionably Hall of Fame level elite, and not in the sense of Jaws claiming Kaepernick was; in the sense of John Elway coming out of college.

If you are afraid to admit that at least the raw talent is astronomical WITHOUT any caveats (unlike Kaepernick, who always had a slow release and was never a comfortable pocket passer), you're too conservative.

Then add his family background, with TWO big time professional athletes in his life to guide him from childhood, and you know he has the character make up to be great as well, and really, I'd bet my children's lives that within a couple years he's going to be elite for years to come- if he isn't already.

Only weakness he has is aggressiveness. Just wait. This dude is going to be the best QB in the league as soon as Brady, Rodgers and Brees retire.

Most first round picks at QB are off the Charts in College, it's why they are first round picks, even some that have off the charts body of works in college fall into later rounds, guys like Montana and Wilson, you should know that.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
chris98251":qbfbj8ng said:
5_Golden_Rings":qbfbj8ng said:
chris98251":qbfbj8ng said:

Most first round picks at QB are off the Charts in College, it's why they are first round picks, even some that have off the charts body of works in college fall into later rounds, guys like Montana and Wilson, you should know that.
By “off the charts” I don’t mean statistically (although he was off the charts statistically). I mean in percentage of his throws that would have been difficult even for NFL qbs. I’m presuming you’ve watched his college tape? Compare itnto Watson, for example. Mahomes college tape makes Watson look pedestrian. He looked like a Favre clone in college. That’s what I meant by off the charts.

Statistically speaking, Garoppolo was “off the charts” in college. But he will never be half the qb Mahomes can be, because Mahomes can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees, AND he can throw it sixty while in a congested pocket under duress and have it still hit the target in stride.

I’m tellig you, man. He’s the next great one, and he’s just getting started.

Threedee

Reaction score
I've been debating whether the scorn heaped upon Alex Smith was justified or mostly a product of Reid's conservative playcalling. It seems that Smith really does just suck.

NINEster

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":obuar753 said:
chris98251":obuar753 said:
5_Golden_Rings":obuar753 said:
chris98251":obuar753 said:

By “off the charts” I don’t mean statistically (although he was off the charts statistically). I mean in percentage of his throws that would have been difficult even for NFL qbs. I’m presuming you’ve watched his college tape? Compare itnto Watson, for example. Mahomes college tape makes Watson look pedestrian. He looked like a Favre clone in college. That’s what I meant by off the charts.

Statistically speaking, Garoppolo was “off the charts” in college. But he will never be half the qb Mahomes can be, because Mahomes can throw a ball 80 yards from his knees, AND he can throw it sixty while in a congested pocket under duress and have it still hit the target in stride.

I’m tellig you, man. He’s the next great one, and he’s just getting started.

My god, don't think Chiefs fans would make such claims, and he's THEIR GUY!

Let's let it play out a bit before declaring Mahomes the new GOAT QB 15 years in advance.