Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pat Mahomes

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Pat Mahomes
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:32 pm
  • So now he’s at 2223 yards, 22 TDs and 5 INTs. Not a lot room left on the “I told you so” bandwagon for 2018’s MVP.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:42 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:So now he’s at 2223 yards, 22 TDs and 5 INTs. Not a lot room left on the “I told you so” bandwagon for 2018’s MVP.

Oh yeah there is, Brady, he is always in the discussion somehow and if they make a big run and Brady starts come from behind magic look out. The other aspect is lets see where the Cheifs end up come the play offs, Andy Reid has always had bad luck it seems when his teams get there.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:11 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:So now he’s at 2223 yards, 22 TDs and 5 INTs. Not a lot room left on the “I told you so” bandwagon for 2018’s MVP.

Oh yeah there is, Brady, he is always in the discussion somehow and if they make a big run and Brady starts come from behind magic look out. The other aspect is lets see where the Cheifs end up come the play offs, Andy Reid has always had bad luck it seems when his teams get there.

If he keeps up at this pace even Brady won’t be able to snatch the MVP trophy. 7 games in he is on pace for 50 touchdown passes. If we weren’t almost half way through the season you could call it a fluke, but the odds of him not hitting at least 40 TDs is getting smaller every day, and if he hits 40 he’s almost sure to get it. 9 games to get 18 td passes for a guy who has hit at least 3 for 63% of his starts.

Not to mention the impending return of Houston and Berry.

They’d have to have unusual bad luck to not get a great playoff position. Assuming they come back, I think things will go differently this time for the Chiefs.

But even if Mahomes doesn’t win the MVP, he’s still played at a level high enough that many rounds of crow should be served. Because if “See? He didn’t win the MVP!” is where the goal posts have been moved, I’d say the argument about him is over.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:16 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:So now he’s at 2223 yards, 22 TDs and 5 INTs. Not a lot room left on the “I told you so” bandwagon for 2018’s MVP.

If he keeps up at this pace even Brady won’t be able to snatch the MVP trophy. 7 games in he is on pace for 50 touchdown passes. If we weren’t almost half way through the season you could call it a fluke, but the odds of him not hitting at least 40 TDs is getting smaller every day, and if he hits 40 he’s almost sure to get it. 9 games to get 18 td passes for a guy who has hit at least 3 for 63% of his starts.

They’d have to have unusual bad luck to not get a great playoff position. Assuming they come back, I think things will go differently this time for the Chiefs.

But even if Mahomes doesn’t win the MVP, he’s still played at a level high enough that many rounds of crow should be served. Because if “See? He didn’t win the MVP!” is where the goal posts have been moved, I’d say the argument about him is over.

He's lined up well for the MVP, but the chiefs have the look of a hot team with a new QB which will get knocked outta of the playoffs. Good job for Mahomes, but we'll need to watch year two of starting to get a better feel for his ability or he might pull a Dak and come back to earth.
    lobohawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:28 am
  • lobohawk wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

He's lined up well for the MVP, but the chiefs have the look of a hot team with a new QB which will get knocked outta of the playoffs. Good job for Mahomes, but we'll need to watch year two of starting to get a better feel for his ability or he might pull a Dak and come back to earth.

Mahomes is a far better fundamentally at the QB position than DAK. I don't foresee him having much of a slump.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:59 am
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:But even if Mahomes doesn’t win the MVP, he’s still played at a level high enough that many rounds of crow should be served. Because if “See? He didn’t win the MVP!” is where the goal posts have been moved, I’d say the argument about him is over.

:lol:

Well said.

If the Chiefs don't win it will be because of their defense.

And, I mean, Mahomes is set up for success in that he's got an innovative offense that's designed for him to succeed and he's surrounded by an exceptional group of skill players, but that doesn't take anything away from him.

If anything, he's on the VERY high end of what we expected from him: he's kind of high variance in that he misses some easy things and makes some mistakes, but even with all of the cards in his favor he's still making magic out of horse sh!t on a fair number of plays too.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:02 am
  • Geez he’s at it again. So far 3 more TDs in 17-23 passing. We’ll see if he has a meltdown, but so far it appears to be a different week, same story: Mahomes playing like the MVP. I was a bit irritated when Lynch passed on him last year, but most people were counting on the spread offense dropping him in the draft. Now I’m starting to be really pissed at Lynch for it. Mahomes is every bit the high character young man as Thomas, so what was the point of drafting Thomas when Armstead and Buckner were already here? I love Garoppolo and the quick decision making and release he has. But I’d take Mahomes over him in an instant. He does the same things but with a Favre-like rocket arm.

God I can’t keep doing this to myself.

Edit- Scratch that ^^^ In the time it took to make that post he threw TD number 4. Smmfh.

Mahomes = MVP
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:20 pm
  • Shanahan pretty much said in an interview that they didn’t consider drafting Mahomes or Watson because they knew they were going to get Kirk Cousins in the offseason. The rest will be history.
    94Smith
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:10 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:Shanahan pretty much said in an interview that they didn’t consider drafting Mahomes or Watson because they knew they were going to get Kirk Cousins in the offseason. The rest will be history.

Ouch!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:00 pm
  • I’m good with Garoppolo. Just wish he was playing. I think Mahomes has a lot of talent around him and possibly would not have had the same success in the 49ers
    94Smith
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:13 pm
  • 94Smith wrote:I’m good with Garoppolo. Just wish he was playing. I think Mahomes has a lot of talent around him and possibly would not have had the same success in the 49ers

The 49ers don’t have the same weapons so no, but I bet it would be more than anyone else, assuming Shanahan coached to his strengths. 29 TDs now. On pace for 51 going in to the tenth game.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information