Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Garoppolo tore his ACL, out for season.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Garoppolo tore his ACL, out for season.
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:53 pm
  • Just came up on the feed.

    Edit - Title updated to reflect confirmation.
    Last edited by Maulbert on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

    The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

    189-152-1
    User avatar
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4507
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries



  • Well there goes any hope of a competitive season.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

    If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

    &@$# that!

    That's what Sherman said
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1397
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • Hard to feel too sorry for him; turning back inside a 10th of an inch from the sideline with multiple defenders right there was a BAD idea.

    For the record, I'm not glad he got injured - but it was a stupid decision on his part, and a defender made him pay in a manner completely within the rules.
    Image
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    User avatar
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30061
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


  • RolandDeschain wrote:Hard to feel too sorry for him; turning back inside a 10th of an inch from the sideline with multiple defenders right there was a BAD idea.

    For the record, I'm not glad he got injured - but it was a stupid decision on his part, and a defender made him pay in a manner completely within the rules.



    Should have went out. Had a second thought and he paid with an injury. I feel bad for him like ANY player that gets injured.
    User avatar
    rlkats
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1700
    Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 7:42 pm


  • the season is still young, we still have chances.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1346
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Ugh, hopefully it's minor. It sucks to see careers threatened so early.
    The LOLs of the many outweigh the shame of the few
    User avatar
    Msfann
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1956
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:37 am


  • CJ Beathard time.
    SF49r
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 519
    Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:30 pm


  • That’s an injury that’ll bleed into next season if confirmed.
    User avatar
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4457
    Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm


  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:Well there goes any hope of a competitive season.

    You were hardly setting the league alight with that over rated and over paid nobody.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2751
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


  • I'd sure want my 137.5 mil QB to get out of bounds. Vick like decision making there.

    Crappy turn of events after the optimism generated at the end of last season.
    hawk45
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8517
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm


  • More time for the porn stars.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2989
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:22 pm


  • I feel bad for him but not niner fans as a whole. They are hateful on Seattle and wish injuries on our team on their board. Gross.

    I respect fans who talk football and not just wish injuries and immature bs
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1659
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm



  • That's a real shame for Jimmy and the Niners. Just hate seeing that. Jimmy was just starting to put it all together.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2160
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


  • Brutal. Niners season is over.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    User avatar
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6202
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


  • That’s too bad. Never want to see a player get hurt. Hope he makes a speedy recovery, so that we can continue our winning streak against a healthy Whiners roster.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2877
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Cyrus12 wrote:Brutal. Niners season is over.


    Our chance of winning the division just improved by 33%

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1346
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • I hate to see that happen to any player, just brutal.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

    May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

    I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 24111
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
    Location: The pit


  • Not good for football, hate to see it. Feel for the 9ers fans. You invest in a guy and he carries most of the hope for the season/franchise.

    Bad news is how we have to hear about his potential for another year. I was eager to see him prove it. Second injury for him causing missed time. That coming from very limited play time. Not calling him glass just yet, but these are very real set backs, NFL moves on quick from guys that can’t stay on the field.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4381
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


  • toffee wrote:
    Cyrus12 wrote:Brutal. Niners season is over.


    Our chance of winning the division just improved by 33%


    I suppose but damn the Rams are destroying everyone.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3281
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


  • The Cardinals vs 49ers game will be interesting. Cardinals should be 0-4. Whiners will probably be 1-3. It could be a real dog fight.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2877
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • If he really tore his ACL, than that is just horrible luck. I want the 49ers at full strength when we play them this year.

    Speed recovery for JG if this is the case. If they weren’t our rival, I would wish them the best since the past couple years have been rough for them.
    User avatar
    Decimation
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1121
    Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 9:28 am


  • What did I say at this time last year during an argument with 5 Rings and Marvin?

    I said Jimmy G had long skinny legs and a propensity to play like he's a bigger, stronger man than he is, ie, not avoiding hits that his body type cannot take - and I felt that as a result he wouldn't get too far into his career before being struck down by a major injury.

    Let's hope it's not as bad as it looks, but seriously, the coaches on this team need to sit him down and say "play as if you're Drew Brees, except even more cautious."

    One of the reasons that Brees has survived is that he's short enough to duck out of hits that his body can't handle, so he doesn't take those kinds of hits and his legs aren't like that -- he's short enough that there's a LOT less pressure on them when he gets hit. You see, it's all about leverage -- the longer the lever, the more force is brought to bear on the pivot point.

    Sherman always freaked me out -- you look at those long skinny legs and you think - no way is he playing 15 years in this league, he's going to blow an ACL, an Achilles, or break his leg sooner or later.

    All those guys with skinny long legs and a strong upper body fall victim to the law of leverage. It's like a ticking bomb... sooner or later they are going to plant and twist, and POP. It's always been that way.

    There was this great receiver the Cowboys drafted back in the day with those same legs -- think he came from UCLA, and man, you just knew it was coming.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1982
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


  • That really sucks and is one reason I will never begrudge the money these guys make. Hope he heals quickly and gets back out there soon.
    User avatar
    Reaneypark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1869
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:43 pm


  • Lynch and Shanahan just got a huge break, now they have a few more season before they have to deliver.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1346
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Since when do skinnier legs lead to higher possibility of ACL tears than big legs, Doctor?
    User avatar
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4721
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


  • The_Z_Man wrote:What did I say at this time last year during an argument with 5 Rings and Marvin?

    I said Jimmy G had long skinny legs and a propensity to play like he's a bigger, stronger man than he is, ie, not avoiding hits that his body type cannot take - and I felt that as a result he wouldn't get too far into his career before being struck down by a major injury.

    Let's hope it's not as bad as it looks, but seriously, the coaches on this team need to sit him down and say "play as if you're Drew Brees, except even more cautious."

    One of the reasons that Brees has survived is that he's short enough to duck out of hits that his body can't handle, so he doesn't take those kinds of hits and his legs aren't like that -- he's short enough that there's a LOT less pressure on them when he gets hit. You see, it's all about leverage -- the longer the lever, the more force is brought to bear on the pivot point.

    Sherman always freaked me out -- you look at those long skinny legs and you think - no way is he playing 15 years in this league, he's going to blow an ACL, an Achilles, or break his leg sooner or later.

    All those guys with skinny long legs and a strong upper body fall victim to the law of leverage. It's like a ticking bomb... sooner or later they are going to plant and twist, and POP. It's always been that way.

    There was this great receiver the Cowboys drafted back in the day with those same legs -- think he came from UCLA, and man, you just knew it was coming.

    I didn't necessarily disagree with you that he was small and that could make him vulnerable to injuries. But ACLs aren't really the type of injury you can predict. Shoulder injuries? Yeah. But non-contact ACLs?
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

    If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

    &@$# that!

    That's what Sherman said
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1397
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • Smellyman wrote:Since when do skinnier legs lead to higher possibility of ACL tears than big legs, Doctor?



    I said, "long" - skinny legs.

    I'm not a doctor. I'm a former mechanical engineer - I used to design a lot of parts and tooling for different industries, including hydraulic presses, and at one company I even built artificial limbs (legs and feet) for a year for amputees.

    After years and years of watching materials stress and break, you see the world a little differently. I may not understand the human body or anatomy as a doctor can, but I can approximate the stress on materials -- and bone and ligaments are, in fact, nothing more than organic materials.

    If one man's tibia is 18 inches, and another man's is 20 inches, the joint attached to the 20 inch tibia will receive around 8 to 12% more pressure when leveraged. So if the ligaments attached to the 20 inch tibia are not larger or stronger in proportion, it can be the difference between a ligament flexing or a ligament tearing.

    And actually, if you go through and read detailed scouting reports -- many scouts raise these types of concerns. For example, one of the reports on Sherman specifically mentioned that his legs might be problematic at an NFL level.
    User avatar
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1982
    Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm
    Location: Tucson, AZ


  • UK_Seahawk wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:Well there goes any hope of a competitive season.

    You were hardly setting the league alight with that over rated and over paid nobody.

    He’s averaging half a yard more per attempt than Wilson and only two tenths higher INT rate despite missing Goodwin the first two games and having a rookie play guard for the first time in his life against the Vikings. He might not have been an MVP candidate, but he was playing decent ball.

    I understand your need to see the world through neon green stained glass windows, but Jimmy G is objectively a pretty good qb. Not top ten, but as inexperienced as he is, still pretty good.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

    If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

    &@$# that!

    That's what Sherman said
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1397
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • Sucks to hear that. Regardless how I feel about the Niners, I don't ever want to a player get hurt. That looked horrible, and when it happens w/out contact even worse.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10806
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA



  • rlkats wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Hard to feel too sorry for him; turning back inside a 10th of an inch from the sideline with multiple defenders right there was a BAD idea.

    For the record, I'm not glad he got injured - but it was a stupid decision on his part, and a defender made him pay in a manner completely within the rules.



    Should have went out. Had a second thought and he paid with an injury. I feel bad for him like ANY player that gets injured.



    He blew out his knee before contact.
    User avatar
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1622
    Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 pm


  • Just for the record, he tore the ACL PRIOR to contact. He was simply cutting back inside and it gave before he was hit.

    This had ZERO to do with his size or "skinny legs" LOL. He should have just run out of bounds but was trying to make a play and suffered non-contact injury. It sucks BAD, but lets stop with the "he's too small BS" Had exactly NOTHING to do with the injury.

    As to my reaction to this injury? Man....I was looking orward to this season more than any in recent memory. It REALLY sucks that its week 3 and I am now already looking into draft eligible players in the top 10 of the 2019 draft.

    I didn't REALLY think they'd make a big jump into the playoffs tho I'm an optimist and predicted so, but I DIDN'T expect to lose Jimmy in week three and now pretty much play out the entire season as "playing out the string".
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • It flat out sucks, period. Any thoughts on who they may add or rumors coming out of Santa Clara?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 10806
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • I don't think they will add anyone, they will just ride the season out with CJ. If they add anyone, it will be to back up CJ and Mullens will stay in the practice squad
    User avatar
    94Smith
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:01 am


  • We are going to have a top 10 pick now for sure though. CJ is just too slow in his decision making speed.
    User avatar
    94Smith
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:01 am


  • 94Smith wrote:We are going to have a top 10 pick now for sure though. CJ is just too slow in his decision making speed.


    Yep. His accuracy is wildly inconsistent and (less importantly) he lacks arm strength too. I mean, he can make all the NFL throws, but just none of them consistently, and none them consitently on schedule either.

    I thought the 9ers were an 8 or 9 win team with a good qb.

    They'll be lucky to get to fve wins now. With one win already under their belt I'm expecting at most two or three more to finish in the 3-13 to 4-12 range.
    User avatar
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4944
    Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:58 am


  • Popeyejones wrote:
    94Smith wrote:We are going to have a top 10 pick now for sure though. CJ is just too slow in his decision making speed.


    Yep. His accuracy is wildly inconsistent and (less importantly) he lacks arm strength too. I mean, he can make all the NFL throws, but just none of them consistently, and none them consitently on schedule either.

    I thought the 9ers were an 8 or 9 win team with a good qb.

    They'll be lucky to get to fve wins now. With one win already under their belt I'm expecting at most two or three more to finish in the 3-13 to 4-12 range.


    Probably accurate. ONLY silver lining is that they didn't have the horses to begin with to really make a run and resulting draft position of this season might now give them opportunity to get a few more before next season.

    The other thing is that if you are gonna lose a guy to a torn ACL, as much as it sucks that we won't get to see him play and improve all year, it means there is a far better chance he'll be healthy early next year.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


  • Rat wrote:Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?


    Not a chance.

    Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

    That said, I'd welcome Kap back. I just don't see that as an option at all.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Rat wrote:Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?


    sounded like a plan.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1346
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Crazy how a season and all expectations can change on one play.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    User avatar
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2838
    Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:40 pm
    Location: South Seattle


  • 2_0_6 wrote:Crazy how a season and all expectations can change on one play.


    I think its the case even for the best teams in the league...you lose your starting QB and yer done. That's all she wrote.

    The Eagles last year were the exception, not the rule.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?


    Not a chance.

    Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

    That said, I'd welcome Kap back. I just don't see that as an option at all.


    I was only like 20% serious, but even if he isn't a perfect fit, isn't that probably better than Beathard? I hate to rip on the Niners, because I like you guys better than even the Seahawks fans on here, but I watch a lot of Big 10 football, and that guy looked like he was years away from being able to realize any of his gifts. I was shocked he went in the third round. I'd at least give Kap a workout. He seems to have the ability to inspire, which would be a nice trait after losing your starting QB for the year.
    User avatar
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *
     
    Posts: 5119
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm
    Location: Grand Rapids, MI


  • Rat wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?


    Not a chance.

    Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

    That said, I'd welcome Kap back. I just don't see that as an option at all.


    I was only like 20% serious, but even if he isn't a perfect fit, isn't that probably better than Beathard? I hate to rip on the Niners, because I like you guys better than even the Seahawks fans on here, but I watch a lot of Big 10 football, and that guy looked like he was years away from being able to realize any of his gifts. I was shocked he went in the third round. I'd at least give Kap a workout. He seems to have the ability to inspire, which would be a nice trait after losing your starting QB for the year.


    I think yer missing what I'm saying.

    I'm in no way whatsoever saying that Beathard or whomever else they sign is better than Kap. What I'm saying is that if they sign a QB they will be looking for a classic QB fit and not a running QB. At this point, you want to use the year getting the rest of the offense learning the O and getting to know it like the back of their hand.

    You can't do that if you are suddenly running Zone-Read every other down like the 49ers did under YHarbaugh and the Redskins did when RGIII was successful.

    Thats the whole reason Kyle didn't keep Kap. He doesn't want to go down that road and wants a classic, drop back passer.

    If the niners were to sign Kap I'd be all for it. I still like him and think he's gotten a raw deal, but i just don't think it'll happen.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6138
    Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:34 pm


  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Rat wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?


    Not a chance.

    Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

    That said, I'd welcome Kap back. I just don't see that as an option at all.


    I was only like 20% serious, but even if he isn't a perfect fit, isn't that probably better than Beathard? I hate to rip on the Niners, because I like you guys better than even the Seahawks fans on here, but I watch a lot of Big 10 football, and that guy looked like he was years away from being able to realize any of his gifts. I was shocked he went in the third round. I'd at least give Kap a workout. He seems to have the ability to inspire, which would be a nice trait after losing your starting QB for the year.


    I think yer missing what I'm saying.

    I'm in no way whatsoever saying that Beathard or whomever else they sign is better than Kap. What I'm saying is that if they sign a QB they will be looking for a classic QB fit and not a running QB. At this point, you want to use the year getting the rest of the offense learning the O and getting to know it like the back of their hand.

    You can't do that if you are suddenly running Zone-Read every other down like the 49ers did under YHarbaugh and the Redskins did when RGIII was successful.

    Thats the whole reason Kyle didn't keep Kap. He doesn't want to go down that road and wants a classic, drop back passer.

    If the niners were to sign Kap I'd be all for it. I still like him and think he's gotten a raw deal, but i just don't think it'll happen.


    I agree with you Marvin. I think the team should work on fundamentals that will be what they will be using in the future. That would not be hiring a QB that does not play to those fundamental plays the coaching staff wants. Keeping it somewhat simple for the rest of the year and looking at the future for draft picks and progressing on standard tactics the team wants to go with would be in their best interest. A few wrinkles would not hurt, but I would as you suggest keep it somewhat simple in method. Also, those wrinkles could be played next year....I dont think they need to be in a hurry. Good luck to your team this season.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    User avatar
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8310
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


  • http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/09/2 ... njury.html

    Colin Kaepernick comeback campaign undertaken by 49ers fans after gruesome Garoppolo injury


    Go Yorks, sign Kaep!!!

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1346
    Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:44 pm


  • Rat wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Rat wrote:Isn't one of their former quarterbacks available? One who led them to a recent Super Bowl?


    Not a chance.

    Shanahan had enough of the running QB thing with RGIII. Even if they suck this year, they'll want someone who can run a classic offense so that the rest of the offense doesn't waste the year adjusting to a QB that isn't their long term starter.

    That said, I'd welcome Kap back. I just don't see that as an option at all.


    I was only like 20% serious, but even if he isn't a perfect fit, isn't that probably better than Beathard? I hate to rip on the Niners, because I like you guys better than even the Seahawks fans on here, but I watch a lot of Big 10 football, and that guy looked like he was years away from being able to realize any of his gifts. I was shocked he went in the third round. I'd at least give Kap a workout. He seems to have the ability to inspire, which would be a nice trait after losing your starting QB for the year.

    He may have the ability to inspire, but he doesn’t really have the ability to throw with anticipation and touch consistently enough, which is pretty vital in this offense.
    Sports Hernia wrote:Mayfield has grown on me a bit, but I disagree with him here.

    If an employer fires/terminates me, why do I owe them any sort of “loyalty”?

    &@$# that!

    That's what Sherman said
    User avatar
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1397
    Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 am


  • Confirmed.

    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5174
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Next


It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: seafence82 and 39 guests