Which opposing fan would you most like to have a beer with?

Which opposing fan would you most like to share a beer with? (If you had to lol).

• Red Alice

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Marvin

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Popeye

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Ctrcat

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Guido

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Ringless

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters

rjdriver

Reaction score
Or get plastered with?

We have some sharp opposing fan .Net staples on here. If you were at a bar, and had to watch a game and drink some spirits with one of the regulars, who would you choose?

I’ve got a soft spot for ringless, would like to know why he disseapeared. Plus his fiancée was hot and ,Albert she would be there.

I work in LA, so watching a Hawks / Rams game with Alice would be fun as well.

I’m not sure I have the football IQ to keep up with Marvin, Popeye, and Ctrcat.

Anyway....

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I voted for Red Alice, who actually seems sane. And since I'm TDY in San Diego at this very instant, this could even happen!
:irishdrinkers:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I already tipped one with Ringless. He is a pretty cool dude.
He has a set of priorities that works for him....that is all I can say about it.

Would like to hook up with Marvin once or so just cause he is a decent poster with a lot of insight in his team...and he watches our team a bit too.

RedAlice is ok in my book too.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
you pretty much covered all of the quality posters who happen to be fans of other teams. I cast my vote for Popeye. At present time, he's one of the best posters on .net IMO, and he's not even a Hawks fan. But I'll give him credit... other than the occasional subtle dig, Popeye brings an outside look that is generally pretty objective, even if it's hard for some folks to admit.

Honestly, I would have beers with any of the above though. Mostly because I like beer.

chris98251

Reaction score
RedAlice because a woman that loves football as much as she does has to be a blast to see a game with and party with before and after win or lose.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I chose Guido,he seems like a fun guy to have a beer with.
Popeye too but you only get one pick.
Marvin if it had Scotch/Gin and Tonic.
Alice if it was wine.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Thanks TriC and Indy!

I picked Marvin because the vast majority of 9ers fans drive me nuts and Marvin gets it, and also cuz I like cheating on the poll a bit.

Edit: re 9ers fans, not the ones here, talking about the cavalry of sh!!posters in other places (every fanbase has em, but why does MY shared fanbase have to have em too :lol: )

acer1240

Reaction score
I cannot choose just 1. A nice list you put together. It would be a blast to have them all in the same room at the same time!

If forced, I'd choose Popeye. I always like reading his posts

SF49r

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to loafoftatupu I loved reading that guys posts would definitely have a beer with him

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SF49r":3u45wd7s said:
Anyone know what happened to loafoftatupu I loved reading that guys posts would definitely have a beer with him
Great question, haven’t seen him around much for a few years...

Back to the question.

9’ers fans: RLkats, seems to have a realistic view of his team, can take a little ribbing and toss it back. Seems like a genuinely good dude.

Rams: Red Alice, passionate fan, seems realistic, not afraid of the boys, seems like a cool person.

Cards: Ringless, realistic and humble fan, loves his team.

Saints: Guido, cool fan, good guy, paid off his hat bet, genuine individual.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I can confirm that RedAlice is good people to hang with, plenty of fun.

SF49r":zu6a5tch said:
Life just got too busy for .NET for him, I think. He once gave (not sold; gave) me two Seahawks playoff tickets, club level at the 40, all I had to do was come pick them up.

Dude was always awesome. I hope things free up for him to become a regular poster again at some point in the future.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’m not on the list because, I’m not an opposing fan.

But without a doubt, hands down, I’m the best option.

Don’t get much better than a Steak off my grill, washed down by brew from my fridge.

Carry on.
:{)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":33j9uick said:
I’m not on the list because, I’m not an opposing fan.

But without a doubt, hands down, I’m the best option.

Don’t get much better than a Steak off my grill, washed down by brew from my fridge.

Carry on.
:{)

I dunno buddy....the way some are on the main forum.....:p

And we have sloshed a few in Dallas.
Have a great week.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
So , you'd like to hook up with ringless
Just gonna leave that there
I've always liked red since I grew up a ginger and am now salt and pepper
Go Hawks

RedAlice

Reaction score
:179417:

Awww...I would have a beer with any of you, cuz any of us who spend this much time obsessing about the team we love: are obviously super cool and fun. :0190l:

I picked Marvin though, cuz he has managed to simultaneously love his team and enjoy our other NFCW teams same way I feel I do.

And RamsFan128 - maybe it’s the cyborg number name? Cuz i certainly would love a beer w you too.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Okay, so here I am TDY in San Diego and working almost every day. In fact, I worked last Sunday, M-F this week, I'm working both days this weekend, then M-F next week (each one is a 10-hour swing shift). Meaning, I should REALLY not be working next weekend when the lambs visit The Clink. Therefore, there needs to be a viewing by at least several of us to watch the game at a bar. Who's down for such a thing? I'm actually fun to watch football with, I swear.

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
I just realized that I made a huge faux pas of not including Donkospurt as a separate choice.

Latest posts