Reid is a Panther

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I am still a little annoyed we did not get him.

Bradley looks to be working out for us, but with the Thomas issue - it would have been nice to have him at FS and Reid at SS.

A huge weakness with the Panthers is the secondary and Reid should be a great addition there.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out but I think the Panthers got much better.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glad he finally found a team to be honest.

Would've taken him here. Any idea what the contract is?

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2h3u4o43 said:

1 year deal is all I have found, oh and the 49ers were "gonna " offer him a contract also, easy to say that after the fact I guess.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Great signing. CTRCat should be stoked. Reid is a baller when healthy. The Panthers are instantly much better.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":28qr09qi said:

NFL network stated his asking price was $3 million for 1 year, and said it's likely close to that but pro rated for the games already played.

I'd definitely be happy to have him with the Hawks for that price.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. I'm sure a lot of fan bases are wondering why they didn't go get this guy. He's a solid player.

OP
OP
T

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Its 1.9M max with 1M base.

I cannot believe we could not match that.

Meanwhile we are signing guys named Stuffy Luani while our actual FS is clearly heading for greener pastures.

He can play FS, SS, LB and he is making less than $2M.

I have been pining for Reid for awhile, considering our safety issues (depth, health) and now I am floored this was the price of one of the better safeties in the league.

Somehow I feel this one will make the Panthers much better.

Also: Falcons fans should be livid. They needed safeties desperately.

getnasty

Reaction score
First of all the guy lost his job in SF so all this talk about him being a great player is overstated and when your JAG people aren't gonna put up with the headache of a political stand.

nanomoz

Reaction score
getnasty":3etr6adi said:
First of all the guy lost his job in SF so all this talk about him being a great player is overstated and when your JAG people aren't gonna put up with the headache of a political stand.

Every single thing about this post is demonstrably false:

He's a former pro bowler that is held in high esteem as a player by his peers.

He didn't "lose his job," he was injured, started 12 games, then was a free agent. He wasn't a starter for one game that he was available, then started in the remaining 10 games.

And he was just signed to a contract and was offered at least one other.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
getnasty":2x63y4bj said:

What's JAG?

Also, Im sure that's why the contract is low. Up to Reid to show if he's worth more.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
getnasty":3f54817c said:
He lost his job due to injury and the fact that Tartt was comparable but much cheaper at the time.

getnasty

Reaction score
If you are a starter and get injured and the guy that fills in for you is more valuable, then you lost your job.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2v0r4x61 said:
getnasty":2v0r4x61 said:

What's JAG?

Also, Im sure that's why the contract is low. Up to Reid to show if he's worth more.

Mr Si...JAG is Just Another Guy. Unless it is that program on tv Judge Advocate General. And she is ....a story for a different time. :stirthepot: