Frank Reich

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Did you guys see what this guy did? Chose to go for it on 4th and 4 on their own 40 yard line with 24 seconds left in OT. They didn’t get it and then Texans kicked the game winning field goal. If he punts, he pretty much guarantees his team a tie. I thought it was pretty dumb to go for it as I think they attempted like a 5 yard pass, so even if completed the pass for a first down the game likely still would have been a tie.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Agreed, it was too aggressive IMO. Then again, for the Colts a tie might not be enough to contend for the division now that the Titans and Jags are both 3-1 so maybe he felt this was a "must win" game instead of tying? That's a stretch of logic, but it's the best I can come up with.

NINEster

Reaction score
The Broncos lost to the Chiefs two years ago on this very premise in OT I believe, except I think maybe it was a missed field goal instead of a turnover on downs.

Ties are hated, but people forget, they represent half a win in the winning percentage column.

And two ties equals a WIN.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
It was a dumb play call. I just went back and watched the fourth down play. They had one time out and the pass Luck threw would have only gone for about 5 yards and would have kept the clock running. So even if they complete that pass they are probably going to tie anyways. I don't know if he should be fired over this, but not a promising start for Reich with the Colts.