The 49ers loss to the Cardinals was historic.

rlkats

Reaction score
It was the most depressing game ever to watch.

But you hawks had a great game. It was very close. Great job.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4zqoc0tk said:
Can someone get Marvin to post a rant in the shack so we can lick up the tears?

:lol:

KaixfXl

I want to see his reasoning(excuses) about how the 49ers dominated and something outside their control caused the team to lose and how the Cards were getting sympathy from the league etc, etc, etc.

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":1ywqsbea said:
RolandDeschain":1ywqsbea said:

KaixfXl

I want to see his reasoning(excuses) about how the 49ers dominated and something outside their control caused the team to lose and how the Cards were getting sympathy from the league etc, etc, etc.

There's no need niners fans to make those excuses any more because the Saviour isn't playing. They are playing for draft position at this point. I'd be surprised if any of them make excuses for losses any more, but maybe they'll do it anyway.

toffee

Reaction score
adeltaY":1vb00ufa said:
chris98251":1vb00ufa said:
RolandDeschain":1vb00ufa said:

KaixfXl

There's no need niners fans to make those excuses any more because the Saviour isn't playing. They are playing for draft position at this point. I'd be surprised if any of them make excuses for losses any more, but maybe they'll do it anyway.

GQ's injury could potentially save GM and HC's job. See, if GQ plays this season and turns out to be another Huard or Cassel or Brissett, Lynch and Shanny would lost their jobs for trading and paying GQ ... potentially ruining 9ers' cap for years. Of course, GQ could also turned out to be the second coming of Montana ...

Now with the injury, they have legit reason to suck for this season. Then even if he sucked next season after recovery, GM and HC got excuse.

WIN WIN situation for Lynch and Shanny.

Reaction score
I mean, it is kinda a good thing, right? Same reason folks here are cheering for the Seahawks loss this week.

Neither the 49ers or the Seahawks are contenders this year. 49ers because their starting QB is our and Seahawks because they're in a full rebuild. Both teams need to secure high draft picks to improve their chances at blue-chip players.

I'm sure both would be THRILLED to take Bosa in the draft next year.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Except people here aren't "cheering for the Seahawks loss this week" so you're starting with a flawed premise. You guys go ahead and play for draft position next year, then use the 1st on another Curry or RGIII something. We'll try to make a season out if it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":deo8dlyn said:
RolandDeschain":deo8dlyn said:

KaixfXl

FWIW never here nor on the zone have I EVER seen Marvin engage in the "league is out to get us"/"East Coast bias"/etc./etc. conspiracy theory nonsense.

No excuses about this loss are needed, as you only need one stat to know who won this game:

Turnover Margin: Cardinals +5

That the 9ers basically dominated the Cards in all other aspects of the game is kind of interesting when you'e cooking up historical "first time ever that..." stats, but if you know the turnover margin you know that those stats are just trivia, and the story of the game is totally obvious.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":26n9dwio said:
chris98251":26n9dwio said:
RolandDeschain":26n9dwio said:

KaixfXl

FWIW never here nor on the zone have I EVER seen Marvin engage in the "league is out to get us"/"East Coast bias"/etc./etc. conspiracy theory nonsense.

No excuses about this loss are needed, as you only need one stat to know who won this game:

That the 9ers basically dominated the Cards in all other aspects of the game is kind of interesting when you'e cooking up historical "first time ever that..." stats, but if you know the turnover margin you know that those stats are just trivia, and the story of the game is totally obvious.

A bit testy aren't they when Jesus suddenly submerges in the water that they all thought he was walking on :)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Another first to do this, this, and this and lose. Hilarious people waste their time researching arbitrary stats and claiming this team was the first to something obscure

Popeyejones

Reaction score
chris98251":z0li8cbd said:
Popeyejones":z0li8cbd said:
chris98251":z0li8cbd said:
RolandDeschain":z0li8cbd said:

KaixfXl

A bit testy aren't they when Jesus suddenly submerges in the water that they all thought he was walking on :)

Nah, per usual, I'm testy about nonsense conspiracy theories when events are perfectly explainable without them. :lol:

As for Jimmy, if you've ever read a single post by me about him you know it's ridiculous to say that I think he walks on water. That just has no basis in reality.

Likewise, while it sucks to watch worse football, since before the season I've been saying over and over again that I didn't think the 9ers were playoffs contenders this year, so your post to me really just doesn't seem to have anything to do with me. :2thumbs:

(Worth saying too that in these two games CJ Beathard has been a lot better than I thought he would be -- that's not hard because last year I didn't think he was even a competent backup QB in the NFL, but he's not as bad as I thought he would be).

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Thread like this are why so many people think "12s" are so obnoxious. At the start of the season all you here is "time to move on from Pete", "is it time to move on from RW, blah, blah, blah.

Now a win against a crap Cowboys team, barely squeak by AZ and all the sudden here comes all the chest thumping and trash talking starts.

The Hawks are 1 game ahead of both AZ and SF, not exactly playing lights out football. It's no wonder so many of the real fans no longer come here. Way too many 2012s.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22yjsqk2 said:

KaixfXl
The tears were already cried when Jimmy G tore his ACL. Say he’s “just average” all you want, but a “just average” qb leads the team to wins against San Diego and Arizona.

So basically 49ers fans came to terms with immanent defeat when he was lost for the year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1qlykr49 said:
RolandDeschain":1qlykr49 said:

KaixfXl

?

Yeah, that doesn't sound like me. LOL.

So my thoughts?

1) Really hard to be a good team without your starting QB (Garoppolo), #1 RB (McKinnon), you lose your #2 RB in the game (Breida) , #1 WR isn't playing (Goodwin), your good looking rookie WR isn't playing (Pettis), and both tackles AND the center are playing hurt. Despite all of that, they still put up 447 yards to 220.

2) Is that an excuse? Nope. You can't turn the ball over 5 times and expect to win. Just can't. This isn't a "they should have won" situation. They simply couldn't block Chandler Jones. He wrecked them in big moments. Beathard fumbled twice, one that was run in for a TD.

3) The fact that this had never happened before underscores that the final score was a bit of a fluke. Thats not to say the Cards didn't deserve the win. They did. 100%. Niners gave up 75 yard TD on the first play of the game and then 145 the entire rest of the game. Defense played well enough to win. The offense tho, while moving up and down the field, kep making critical mistakes, many forced by the Cards. 2 strip sacks, one sack by a RB, 2 INTs. Both strip sacks were great plays by the defender. One INT was a drop by the WR and the other was a poor throw.

All of the above are REASONS they lost. None of them are excuses. Niners deserved to lose and Cards deserved to win. Plain and simple.

without Jimmy G, McKinnon, Goodwin, etc, etc, Niner will be lucky to win 4 or 5 games this year.

Marvin49

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1iii0mrn said:
RolandDeschain":1iii0mrn said:

KaixfXl
The tears were already cried when Jimmy G tore his ACL. Say he’s “just average” all you want, but a “just average” qb leads the team to wins against San Diego and Arizona.

So basically 49ers fans came to terms with immanent defeat when he was lost for the year.

This.

No more tears to shed this year. The instant Jimmy G went down, the season was over. Its all scrimmages now to finish the year and get young guys experience.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
Popeyejones":f2pi1u9l said:
chris98251":f2pi1u9l said:
RolandDeschain":f2pi1u9l said:

KaixfXl

I will point out the 49ers effectively only lost by double digits because you botched your first extra point. If you hadn't missed that, arguably, the final score could easily have been 28-21. But history is still history.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":2qgo3mvr said:
Thread like this are why so many people think "12s" are so obnoxious. At the start of the season all you here is "time to move on from Pete", "is it time to move on from RW, blah, blah, blah.

Now a win against a crap Cowboys team, barely squeak by AZ and all the sudden here comes all the chest thumping and trash talking starts.

The Hawks are 1 game ahead of both AZ and SF, not exactly playing lights out football. It's no wonder so many of the real fans no longer come here. Way too many 2012s.
I don’t really care what other fanbases generally think about us, just don’t sorry!
I stopped caring after XL*. Being “liked” didn’t get us anymore wins and you don’t get you a major award for being nicest fanbase.

I’m not into validating other opinions especially those folks I don’t like.

Now do I go troll or “cleverly troll” other forums like some opposing fans do here? (they know who they are)
No. That’s junior highschoolish, and a serious waste of time and energy.

I have zero problems with our fanbase wearing the “black hat” so to speak.
As long as our fanbase isn’t out committing crimes against rival fans, and is staying within rules of this forum.... oh well.

If a snowflake opposing fan doesn’t like the pro-Seattle/anti rival postings here ON A SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FORUM, then that’s their problem and this isn’t a place for them.

If I had a ton of time and energy to waste, had a lack of maturity and went to a Niners forum do you think I’d be greeted with candy and flowers??? Of course not, and I’d be a FOOL if I went in thinking that!

I know that sounds harsh but I don’t need other fanbases validation or approval to “legitimize” my fandom of the team I’ve been watching and rooting for since 1976. If you do, that’s your prerogative I guess....

chris98251

Reaction score
Biscanebay12":3osyq5vg said:

Opposing fans coming in our house talking about us being obnoxious after for years hearing the MIGHTY 49ERS claim that the Seahawks were not rivals and they didn't belong in the NFC West as well as talk to us when you win one we have 5 and are on our quest for 6.

Lets talk obnoxious, and this isn't about our current resident regualars you know we flip you shit but we respect you as well.

We earned what we got from spending our time in the AFC west against the Raiders, Chargers, Cheifs and Broncos as a expansion team and competed with them and held on to our nice guy personality.

During that time the 49ers competed against the Expansion Panther, The Expansion, Saints, The Expansion Falcons, and the Rams, who by the way owned you for like 20 years prior to the 80's.

We came to the NFC West and were talked down to by both the 49ers and the Martz Rams run Rams at the time, Brought in Holmgren and for the most part have been the toast of the divison ever since except for a year here and there.

We don't care if people like us, in fact we are used to being disrepected by the other teams and media or hated for our success in both conferences.

We just point it out as a ongoing trend, at least we are not ghiding behind a image of above it all. How many 49ers have been on a police blotter since Walsh left by the way? We have not stolen a kids soccer field to turn into parking either.

As far as Bandwagon fans, most of us used them to wipe our feet on if they failed to comply with the rules or came with empty posts or were just ignored. We expected them to come in as well as leave at the first sign of a struggle anyway and jump on the next big thing which right now is probably the Rams or Cheifs.

Wonder how many empty seats are at the new Levi Stadium since all your Bandwagon fans left after the 80's.