Congrats Drew Brees...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Surpasses Peyton Manning's all-time passing yards record in style... with a 62-yard touchdown pass. Congrats man. Sheesh, time flies. I remember when he was a rook, and it seems like yesterday. Congrats Drew, you deserve it!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1049477598575767552[/tweet]

There’s plenty of reaction around the league as you might expect, including from Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who has looked at Brees as an inspirational figure for his own career.

Drew... you have inspired me. Grateful for you for doing it for the "Short Guys." @DrewBrees

— Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) October 9, 2018

toffee

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":vq1ndcsf said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/1049477598575767552[/tweet]

There’s plenty of reaction around the league as you might expect, including from Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson, who has looked at Brees as an inspirational figure for his own career.

Drew... you have inspired me. Grateful for you for doing it for the "Short Guys." @DrewBrees

— Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) October 9, 2018

Loving what Russ said! Hoping that one day both Drew and Russ will sit in HOF.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Underrated GOAT. Put him on teams that had the same defenses Manning or Brady had and he’d have multiple rings.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3rdgr82z said:
Underrated GOAT. Put him on teams that had the same defenses Manning or Brady had and he’d have multiple rings.

Yup... The same story for many QB's. Dan Marino anyone?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
His next milestone is 500 TDs. He currently sits at 499. He will be in Baltimore next week to reach that 500th TD. I will be at that game.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2cifoef2 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2cifoef2 said:

Bill Walsh once said something like "Joe Montana is a system QB. Dan Marino is a system." Marino's 5,000 yard 48 TD season would be like a 6,000 yard, 60 TD season today. The next highest guy that year had 28 TDs.

El Caliente

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3v7815lq said:
BlueThunder":3v7815lq said:
5_Golden_Rings":3v7815lq said:

Bill Walsh once said something like "Joe Montana is a system QB. Dan Marino is a system." Marino's 5,000 yard 48 TD season would be like a 6,000 yard, 60 TD season today. The next highest guy that year had 28 TDs.
Marino’s problem wasn’t a lack of defense, it was the lack of a run game. It was comical, they never got Dan a running back and so he had to pass like it was going out of style. That is what killed him (and the Dolphins).

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's a damned travesty that Marino never got a ring.

Also, pending congratulations for Mr. Brees. :) I wonder if Peyton will release another video, lol.