RIP Jim Taylor, HoF RB Green Bay Packers

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Jim Taylor passed away this morning. He was 83 years old.

He was one tough SOB on a football field. I grew up a Bears fan and cringed every time we played the Packers. They were the cream of the crop during the 60s... almost unbeatable. I was born in '49 so I remember him well.

RIP Jim. You were one of the best to play the game.

Source

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Oh wow. That stinks. I wonder if they will check for CTE. Seems like they only check when a tragedy happens. I've heard some people believe that CTE comes from the lifestyle, such as heavy alcohol consumption.

Here's to one of the best.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2de7rtdr said:
Oh wow. That stinks. I wonder if they will check for CTE. Seems like they only check when a tragedy happens. I've heard some people believe that CTE comes from the lifestyle, such as heavy alcohol consumption.

Here's to one of the best.

Considering that the 'T' stands for Traumatic (as in 'caused by a trauma') I imagine that alcohol might contribute if you get drunk and fall down a lot. Otherwise I'm not so sure.

Not to derail the thread, Jim Taylor was a guy I watched on a tiny little black-and-white TV in my extreme youth when I was just starting to watch sports with my Dad and older brother and couldn't imagine a football team ever coming here. This is a bummer, but at 83 he at least had a long life. RIP