NFL owners questioning viability of the Chargers in LA.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It was stupid from the beginning; I'm just laughing at their slow awakening about it.

I feel bad for real Chargers fans, though.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
That stadium vote 2 years ago would have passed if Spanos hadn't sabotaged it. I was there at the time (like I am now) and saw the whole sordid affair close-up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3jtbjw3i said:
That stadium vote 2 years ago would have passed if Spanos hadn't sabotaged it. I was there at the time (like I am now) and saw the whole sordid affair close-up.

Days of our Lives are looking for a few good Actors.....Would they have fit....Was there.....nevermind. I dont know where I was going with this....... :stirthepot: :rumble:

RedAlice

Reaction score
GeekHawk":ymie32el said:

This is 100% on Dean.

If he sold the team, they could come back to San Diego.

Let’s be real, what has Dean done to make the world or even San Diego a better place with all his millions of dollars? Nothing. He has raised two more trust fund brats, same as he was raised.

And moved a team from a city that loved them to a city that hasn’t even noticed they arrived.

Talk about bad people with money.

sutz

Reaction score
LA has always been a deceptive market for the NFL. They see it as the 2d biggest market in the country. Fact is, there is too much to do in that town that competes with football, especially with NFL.

The original Rams went there when it was still viable. Since then, and after the Rams left for St Louis, interest flagged and no team has survived since then. Putting two teams back in there in the last few years was just stupid, actually. Two MLB teams, two major college programs, basketball. Lots of things to do beyond going out and spending hundreds of bucks to watch a team imported from somewhere else with no tradition. And no, the links between San Diego and LA are not that strong.

kobebryant

Reaction score
If you're in LA you're either old enough to be a Rams or Chargers fan, or young enough/transplant that you're a Cowboys, Steelers,Packers, Bears, Patriots fan etc. It was a bad idea from jump.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
GeekHawk":ir71tti1 said:

Spanos had severe dementia for years, it was his kids that made the final decision to move.

And let's not absolve the city leaders and voters in SD that turned down and voted against numerous new stadium deals that would have kept the Chargers in SD.

We know all too well in Seattle, if you piss off a powerful sports league and your owner, they will turn against you and leave. SD had many opportunities to keep the Chargers, and didn't get it done with a new stadium.

I hate that the Chargers are in LA, but that's pro sports. These leagues and owners have all the leverage, cause if you don't want to build them their stadiums, there are other cities that will.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Curious what Jachra has to say about this unbiased of course.