Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Amari Cooper to Cowboys for 1st Round Pick

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Amari Cooper to Cowboys for 1st Round Pick
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:14 am

• Edit* Looks like it happened.

Last edited by HawkFan72 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Took 'Rumor' out of the title since it's confirmed
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Re: (RUMOR) Amari Cooper to Cowboys
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:18 am
  • mistaowen wrote:

Not a rumor anymore.

For a 1st rounder. Yikes. I would have liked Cooper, but not for a possible top 15 pick. Wow.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• So Jerry is till running the show
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Don’t think he’s worth that, but maybe I’ll be proven wrong. Sometimes a change of scenery makes a difference.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:22 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:

Not a rumor anymore.

For a 1st rounder. Yikes. I would have liked Cooper, but not for a possible top 15 pick. Wow.

Quite the haul for a guy who won't have a QB who can throw him the ball, though I think he's certainly talented/young enough to be worth a 1st if he can put it all together.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• A 1st rounder, now that's funny. Good old Jerry, loves his new toys. Cooper is a good player, but he drops the ball a LOT. 3rd rounder at best imo would have been more realistic.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:24 am
  • That is an absolutely terrible trade for Dallas.
    What on earth were they thinking?
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Oakland now has 3 first round picks in 2019 - Chicago, Dallas, and their own which is looking to be top 5. Not sure they'll be able to find better players than Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper but Gruden will have a brand new roster to build how he wants.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:26 am
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:

Not a rumor anymore.

Quite the haul for a guy who won't have a QB who can throw him the ball, though I think he's certainly talented/young enough to be worth a 1st if he can put it all together.

...thats the rub tho...the "if" is why he's not worth a 1. Hes also on last year of original deal and next year he costs 13 mil + on the 5th year option (already exercised).

So you get 1.5 years of under-performing WR with a 13 mil price tag for a top 15 pick?

uh....glad the Niners didn't do that. That's kinda nuts to me.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Oakland now has 3 first round picks in 2019 - Chicago, Dallas, and their own which is looking to be top 5. Not sure they'll be able to find better players than Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper but Gruden will have a brand new roster to build how he wants.

...and don't be surprised if he deals Carr.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• He's only 24 too, dang. Kid has some serious talent, but my Raider friends have been telling me the last couple years that he just has butterfingers quite often.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Marvin49 wrote:
    mistaowen wrote:Oakland now has 3 first round picks in 2019 - Chicago, Dallas, and their own which is looking to be top 5. Not sure they'll be able to find better players than Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper but Gruden will have a brand new roster to build how he wants.

...and don't be surprised if he deals Carr.

Few teams could use Carr, don't think he's top 10 but I had high hopes for him after their recent wild card run. Sadly he looks like a different QB since and without Amari that WR core is pretty bare. Awful O-line play doesn't help in Oakland but if the Jags could figure out how to not have Bortles and get Carr, he could put them back as serious playoff contenders IMO. Bills desperately need a QB who doesn't look like they'd struggle in D2 college while Josh Allen takes a year or two to learn as well.

Have a feeling Oakland will come out of 2019 with another high pick if he continues to jettison the only remaining talent to build his own roster.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Wow, a 1st for Cooper? But they wouldn't put together a strong offer for ET?
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

• Have no idea how the Raiders managed to get a 1st round pick for Cooper. They should move Carr while they are on a roll.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• mistaowen wrote:Oakland now has 3 first round picks in 2019 - Chicago, Dallas, and their own which is looking to be top 5. Not sure they'll be able to find better players than Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper but Gruden will have a brand new roster to build how he wants.

So the Raiders could get even worse!
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• i wonder how Earl feels about the Cowboys right now.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

• Just goes to show that the Cowboys when wanting will offer it up, John was good to stick to his guns and not get taken.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• People trashing Cooper remember: Marshawn Lynch was 24 years old (just like Cooper) and considered a bust when the Hawks dealt for him in 2010, and Cooper has played well in the past, just like Lynch.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• And what did we give for Lynch? That's what makes this way different.
    Just The Tip......

I'm a 6'5, 255lb ginger. You can't hurt me, I have no soul.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:And what did we give for Lynch? That's what makes this way different.

This.

I mean seriously...Marshall Faulk was traded for a 2 and a 5. A 1 is HUGE.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• TAB420 wrote:And what did we give for Lynch? That's what makes this way different.

But he was worth more than we gave up. A first rounder would have been a bargain for what Lynch gave us. We fleeced Buffalo.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:And what did we give for Lynch? That's what makes this way different.

But he was worth more than we gave up. A first rounder would have been a bargain for what Lynch gave us. We fleeced Buffalo.

That was not the consensus at the time, Mediots and many here thought he was a head case and not very good if he got beat out by another back and was benched.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:And what did we give for Lynch? That's what makes this way different.

That was not the consensus at the time, Mediots and many here thought he was a head case and not very good if he got beat out by another back and was benched.

You know, I might add, my original comment had nothing to do with what Dallas gave up, just that Cooper is still young and has produced in the past, so no one should write him off.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Fantastic trade for the Raiders.

Three 1st rounders in '19, two 1st rounders in '20. + $75M in cap space. They can aggressively rebuild the team over the next 2 years.

Next on the docket: Fire Cable, and trade Carr for a 1st.

For Dallas it makes some sense as they desperately need an infusion of talent at the WR position. The thing is though QBs & Scheme make WRs good more times than not. Wide Receiver is the most overvalued position $$$$ wise in the NFL.

This is a massive overpay for Dallas.

Raiders Grade: A+

Dallas Grade: D+
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• Of course, they get an F- for letting Mack go. And I wouldn't trust that team will pick the right players in the draft. But, they are definitely setting up nicely for a rebuild.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Yeah. Mack, cooper and Carr would have cost a lot! It’s what we should’ve done with Bennet, Sherman, Kam and Earl when we had the chance. All we would’ve missed was last year.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• evergreen wrote:Yeah. Mack, cooper and Carr would have cost a lot! It’s what we should’ve done with Bennet, Sherman, Kam and Earl when we had the chance. All we would’ve missed was last year.

I think we would still have some of the staff still on the team. Dunno if that would have helped us.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:Next on the docket: Fire Cable,

Why fire him? The way things have been going for them lately, they could probably trade him for a 2nd round pick.

:sarcasm_off:
    Fire Tom Cable

Still can't believe we let Alex Collins go
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

• I think this is a great trade for the Cowboys. First round picks are WAY overrated. Half of them (or more?) are busts anyway. Cooper is a good receiver and could be special. Like with Harvin, the problem with the trade wasn't the draft pick, it was the money. The only downside I see with Cooper is that he doesn't have much in the way of cheap years left and they'll have to decide soon if they want to keep him or not.

Raiders are clearly building for Vegas, which isn't a bad idea. It's so far off Mack and Cooper would have less in front of them than behind them by that point. Hopefully for their sake they are able to hit on draft picks (certainly not a guarantee, see above). But let's all be honest, we don't like the Raiders and want them to suck. But all of that changes once they are in Vegas. I'm not saying I'll be a Raiders fan when they move to Vegas, but I'll certainly want to see them do well so that their home games are awesome.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• I wouldn't say Cooper is a "good WR" yet. Athletic and talented with potential but also with some huge flaws.

Wrote Scott Barrett of PFF: “Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011) and Cooper (2015 and 2017).”
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:59 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information