Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Marshawn Lynch to IR

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:43 pm

Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm
  • How that dude stayed healthy for so many years with his style of play is bewildering to me.

    That’s one tough SOB.

    Like Earl said:

    Father Time is undefeated.
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1954
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5311
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 pm
  • Guessing he is done...at least in oakland
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6402
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:12 pm
  • So, Marshawn was injured playing against the 'Hawks?
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 7297
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:35 pm
  • Image
    Beast Mode will be out at least two months, and if it turns out he doesn't return at all, his last game would've been against the Seahawks.

    Lynch was hurt last week in Oakland’s 27-3 loss to Seattle in London. The Raiders (1-5) are off this week and will play again on Oct. 28 at home against Indianapolis. Oakland could choose to place Lynch on injured reserve, which would require him to miss at least eight weeks.

    https://q13fox.com/2018/10/22/raiders-p ... 3a6LaCb4Lk
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 5311
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Marshawn placed on IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:15 pm
  • Kind of bittersweet, Seattle Giveth to him & Seattle Taketh away
    SlickRick
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 297
    Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:38 pm


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:47 pm
  • Sucks to say it, but....The Seattle Hangover continues.


    Sorry we took the beast down...he still has a place in my heart. A SB heart.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8562
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:30 pm
  • Isn't Oakland supposed to turn into Las Vegas next year?

    I doubt Marshawn wants to make that move.

    Sucks to hear. One of the Seahawks most memorable players of all time. Thanks for the memories.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 15754
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:35 pm
  • Could there be any other way? Is it enough to get HOF?
    evergreen
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 596
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:08 am
  • Tough break. Always loved to watch him play. I'm certain once the Raiders move, he will retire and will no longer play in the NFL, so it's most likely he played his last down against us.
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 19666
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:43 pm
  • Going to miss the Beast. Unlike no other and one of the most fearsome runners of all time. Just a damn shame he had that injury reappear. He was still very productive this year too. Hoping maybe he can recover and play at the end of the year and beyond.
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2243
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:20 am
  • Beef Moe. :(
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *
     
    Posts: 30132
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:39 am
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:04 am
  • sutz wrote:Isn't Oakland supposed to turn into Las Vegas next year?

    I doubt Marshawn wants to make that move.

    Sucks to hear. One of the Seahawks most memorable players of all time. Thanks for the memories.


    That is still a couple years off, isn't it?

    Just looked it up . . . looks like their stadium won't be ready until 2020 but there are options to go there next year (lease issues with Oakland) and play in the UNLV stadium.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105652
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:03 am
  • HawkGA wrote:
    sutz wrote:Isn't Oakland supposed to turn into Las Vegas next year?

    I doubt Marshawn wants to make that move.

    Sucks to hear. One of the Seahawks most memorable players of all time. Thanks for the memories.


    That is still a couple years off, isn't it?

    Just looked it up . . . looks like their stadium won't be ready until 2020 but there are options to go there next year (lease issues with Oakland) and play in the UNLV stadium.


    That's what I thought was happening--that they'd move there next year and spend a year in the UNLV stadium, kind of like we did in Husky Stadium when the Kingdome was demolished and Paul Allen Stadium was built.

    (And yes, I'm calling it that, naming rights be damned.)
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 22425
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 am
    Location: California via Negros Occidental, Philippines


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:22 pm
  • My very quick Google search seemed to indicate that is an option but by no means a done deal. Either way, the move is still a lot sooner than I was thinking it was.

    I still think they would be well served being a traveling show for a year. Try to build up fan bases in different locals. Volunteer for the London game again next year, play in San Antonio a time or two, maybe San Diego once, Salt Lake City, Mexico City, . . . does Reno have a stadium? Go everywhere with a fairly short, direct flight to Vegas.

    The players would probably hate it and their record would suck, but it would be better than staying in Oakland for another year and I think could do a lot to expand their brand. The UNLV stadium isn't huge so it's not like they have to have an NFL sized stadium to play in.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer
     
    Posts: 105652
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 12:29 pm


Re: Marshawn Lynch to IR
Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:04 pm
  • HawkGA wrote:My very quick Google search seemed to indicate that is an option but by no means a done deal. Either way, the move is still a lot sooner than I was thinking it was.

    I still think they would be well served being a traveling show for a year. Try to build up fan bases in different locals. Volunteer for the London game again next year, play in San Antonio a time or two, maybe San Diego once, Salt Lake City, Mexico City, . . . does Reno have a stadium? Go everywhere with a fairly short, direct flight to Vegas.

    The players would probably hate it and their record would suck, but it would be better than staying in Oakland for another year and I think could do a lot to expand their brand. The UNLV stadium isn't huge so it's not like they have to have an NFL sized stadium to play in.


    Sam Boyd Stadium Las Vegas is not that big. Been there a few times for some Monster Truck Rallys. I agree. University of Nevada/Reno is not that large either. Went there for a BSU game back in the day. And that is where Colon came from. But I could agree with the hopping around to spread their brand and try to welcome the NFL to their new home in Vegas. Heck, Boise State may be larger than Reno. I have seen some fans in the area too......ugh. LOL

    But I still like the idea.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8562
    Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:20 pm
    Location: A little ways from Boise.




It is currently Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online