Marshawn Lynch to IR

rjdriver

Reaction score
How that dude stayed healthy for so many years with his style of play is bewildering to me.

That’s one tough SOB.

Like Earl said:

Father Time is undefeated.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
safe_image.php

Beast Mode will be out at least two months, and if it turns out he doesn't return at all, his last game would've been against the Seahawks.

Lynch was hurt last week in Oakland’s 27-3 loss to Seattle in London. The Raiders (1-5) are off this week and will play again on Oct. 28 at home against Indianapolis. Oakland could choose to place Lynch on injured reserve, which would require him to miss at least eight weeks.

https://q13fox.com/2018/10/22/raiders-p ... 3a6LaCb4Lk

SlickRick

Reaction score
Kind of bittersweet, Seattle Giveth to him & Seattle Taketh away

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sucks to say it, but....The Seattle Hangover continues.

Sorry we took the beast down...he still has a place in my heart. A SB heart.

sutz

Reaction score
Isn't Oakland supposed to turn into Las Vegas next year?

I doubt Marshawn wants to make that move.

Sucks to hear. One of the Seahawks most memorable players of all time. Thanks for the memories.

evergreen

Reaction score
Could there be any other way? Is it enough to get HOF?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tough break. Always loved to watch him play. I'm certain once the Raiders move, he will retire and will no longer play in the NFL, so it's most likely he played his last down against us.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Going to miss the Beast. Unlike no other and one of the most fearsome runners of all time. Just a damn shame he had that injury reappear. He was still very productive this year too. Hoping maybe he can recover and play at the end of the year and beyond.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":2sqmotyn said:

Sucks to hear. One of the Seahawks most memorable players of all time. Thanks for the memories.

That is still a couple years off, isn't it?

Just looked it up . . . looks like their stadium won't be ready until 2020 but there are options to go there next year (lease issues with Oakland) and play in the UNLV stadium.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
HawkGA":1bxadhb7 said:
sutz":1bxadhb7 said:

That is still a couple years off, isn't it?

Just looked it up . . . looks like their stadium won't be ready until 2020 but there are options to go there next year (lease issues with Oakland) and play in the UNLV stadium.

That's what I thought was happening--that they'd move there next year and spend a year in the UNLV stadium, kind of like we did in Husky Stadium when the Kingdome was demolished and Paul Allen Stadium was built.

(And yes, I'm calling it that, naming rights be damned.)

HawkGA

Reaction score
My very quick Google search seemed to indicate that is an option but by no means a done deal. Either way, the move is still a lot sooner than I was thinking it was.

I still think they would be well served being a traveling show for a year. Try to build up fan bases in different locals. Volunteer for the London game again next year, play in San Antonio a time or two, maybe San Diego once, Salt Lake City, Mexico City, . . . does Reno have a stadium? Go everywhere with a fairly short, direct flight to Vegas.

The players would probably hate it and their record would suck, but it would be better than staying in Oakland for another year and I think could do a lot to expand their brand. The UNLV stadium isn't huge so it's not like they have to have an NFL sized stadium to play in.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkGA":3in0d8vz said:
My very quick Google search seemed to indicate that is an option but by no means a done deal. Either way, the move is still a lot sooner than I was thinking it was.

I still think they would be well served being a traveling show for a year. Try to build up fan bases in different locals. Volunteer for the London game again next year, play in San Antonio a time or two, maybe San Diego once, Salt Lake City, Mexico City, . . . does Reno have a stadium? Go everywhere with a fairly short, direct flight to Vegas.

The players would probably hate it and their record would suck, but it would be better than staying in Oakland for another year and I think could do a lot to expand their brand. The UNLV stadium isn't huge so it's not like they have to have an NFL sized stadium to play in.

Sam Boyd Stadium Las Vegas is not that big. Been there a few times for some Monster Truck Rallys. I agree. University of Nevada/Reno is not that large either. Went there for a BSU game back in the day. And that is where Colon came from. But I could agree with the hopping around to spread their brand and try to welcome the NFL to their new home in Vegas. Heck, Boise State may be larger than Reno. I have seen some fans in the area too......ugh. LOL

But I still like the idea.