Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The NFL team other than the Hawks that you have been a fan

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • I go first....I have been a Patriots fan since the original killer B's ..Belichick & Brady....2002....nobody will ever duplicate the Patriots....Pound for pound the best NFL team I have seen over the years. IMO but always GO HAWKS!!
    xray
    NET Starter

• During the days of local Blackouts, the only teams that were on were the 49ers or Cowboys. So I got to know those teams.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Hawks and whomever is playing the cowboys, patriots, Stealers, and Niners.

8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Growing up in Chicago during the 50s, I was a Bears fan... 1963 World Champions, George Halas, Mike Ditka, Willie Gallimore, Richie Pettibone, Gayle Sayers,,, etc. Bears were the Monsters of the Midway for several years and I loved it.

In 1969, I was drafted and spent 18 months out the country and lost my connection to the Bears. In 1971, I moved down to southern IL and became a Cardinals fans as a result. Those were the days of Don Coryell and the Cardiac Kids. Lots of fun and excitement that didn't exist with the stodgy old Bears franchise.

And in 1980 I moved out to Seattle and became a Seahawks fan... never to change franchises again. Been here in the PNW ever since.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• Was a Cowboy fan growing up
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Mistashoesta wrote:Was a Cowboy fan growing up

Me too. Pre-Hawks it just made sense. They were the "good guys" vs the Steelers every year.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Used to like the Titans back in Steve McNair /Eddie George days, music city miracle was one hell of a moment. Watch some of their games still, liked what they were building last year but can't seem to put it together this year.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• xray wrote:I go first....I have been a Patriots fan since the original killer B's ..Belichick & Brady....2002....nobody will ever duplicate the Patriots....Pound for pound the best NFL team I have seen over the years. IMO but always GO HAWKS!!

Killer Bs? That’s a ripoff of 1970s Miami defense.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• I started out as a Colts fan. They really sucked in the late '70s, early '80s. I took a liking to Zorn & Largent and when the Colts packed up in the middle of the night to sneak out of town I turned to the Seahawks and never looked back.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• There is no other team worthy of my affection. However, I’m usually a fan of whoever is playing the Packers.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

• When a very young buck, I was a Chargers fan in the days of Dan Fouts, Charlie Joyner, Wes Chandler, and Kellen Winslow. It had a few moments of excitement, until I reached age 11 or 12 and matured into a Hawks fan. Living in the PNW makes it easy.
    NET Veteran

• Started off liking the Bears because of Sweetness and because of the defense. Then liked the Eagles because it was the first time I saw a QB that didn't run like their legs didn't work right (No, Elway wasn't some great athlete) and because of the defense.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Cincinnati Bengals.
    WilliamCooper wrote:I'd take Ryan Fitzpatrick over Wilson. I’m not even joking.

2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Steelers pre Seahawks. Anybody that beat the Raiders or Cowboys.
    justafan
    NET Veteran

• In my life, I’ve only been of fan of one NFL team. But I’ll root for other teams, at times, if I think it serves the Seahawks’ interests or if I want a particular player to do well. I was rooting for former Seahawks great Marshawn Lynch to do well, except when he faced the Seahawks. I tend to root for the teams playing against the teams I most dislike, including the Patriots and Niners.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• When I was in the 7th grade we lived in Massachusetts. The Pats did not exist so I liked the Eagles as they had cool helmets.
    Moved to the east bay the next summer and finished school there so I was a 49ers fan and later a Raiders fan.
    (My Dad took be to several games at Kezar stadium when John Brodie was QB. I have a YA Tittle autographed football around somewhere.)
    Daryl Pasquale Lamonica (The Mad Bomber) and the Raiders stole my heart once they came to the east bay.
    Later I moved to the NW and the Seahawks were formed.........
    TreeRon
    NET Starter

• I was a Bills fan growing up because Chuck Knox was a friend of the family. I became a Hawks fan when he arrived and stayed one. I do follow the Vikings because my Dad is a fan and we bond with football.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

• I live in So Calif and was a Rams season ticket holder all of the years they were in Anaheim. After Georgia screwed over the city and all of the faithful fans by running the team into the ground, then packing up and literately leaving town in the middle of the night, I learned to hate the Rams with a passion. Them returning to So Calif recently did nothing to make me like them any better. They left So Calif for a new stadium and lots of money, then later left St Louis for the same reasons.
    I have been a USC supported since the 50's, so when Pete went to Seattle, I became a Hawk fan and never looked back..
    My total time spent in Seattle was about 20 minutes sitting on the runway of Sea-Tac, during a stop over....
    Donn2390
    NET Starter

• oldhawkfan wrote:
    xray wrote:I go first....I have been a Patriots fan since the original killer B's ..Belichick & Brady....2002....nobody will ever duplicate the Patriots....Pound for pound the best NFL team I have seen over the years. IMO but always GO HAWKS!!

Killer Bs? That’s a ripoff of 1970s Miami defense.

The 1982 Dolphins were the killer B's
    907Hawk
    NET Starter

• 1st team I really rooted for was the Dolphins back in the early 70's. Mid 70's I actually shifted to the Stealers. What can I say? Ultimate bandwagoner. Always have hated the Raiders.

When I lived in SoCal in the 80's/90's the Rams were my 2d team after the Seahawks, because they were local and I could actually watch them. Back then, not a lot of Seahawks coverage in SoCal, but I followed as best I could. Like the poster above, the Rams love ended when they pulled up stakes for St Louis.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Miami Dolphins are my favorite AFC team. Bob Griese is still my favorite HOF QB.

Yup....the original killer b’s are the Miami Dolphins. The Pats are cheap wanna be’s.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Vikings fan pre-1976. Lived in Minnesota for a few years as a youngster. Moved back to Washington in '74.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks only.

I dont get multiple team fans. Oh well.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Raiders and Rams pre Seahawks.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Vikings. Before the Seahawks were in existence I rooted on the purple team with the cool logo on their helmets.

Had a rad Ahmad Rashad jersey to boot!

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Vikings. Before the Seahawks were in existence I rooted on the purple team with the cool logo on their helmets.

For whatever reason the Vikings were on tv a lot before
    we got the Hawks..i liked the uni's too but I rooted for the Raiders.
    Ken Stabler .I learned to hate em real fast after 76 when we were
    switched to the AFC.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Ad Hawk wrote:When a very young buck, I was a Chargers fan in the days of Dan Fouts, Charlie Joyner, Wes Chandler, and Kellen Winslow. It had a few moments of excitement, until I reached age 11 or 12 and matured into a Hawks fan. Living in the PNW makes it easy.

No love for Chuck Muncie?

Underrated back in my opinion, but easy to be underrated when playing in the same division as Warner and Marcus Allen.

I agree the SAN DIEGO chargers were a fun team to watch and that game against the Dolphins?! WOW.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• When I was boy, I idolized my neighbors Dad who was this huge 6’7’’ sports fanatic from Cleveland. He was a big kid and rooted for all his Cleveland teams. Because of him, I would root for the Browns whenever I saw them on TV. They’re unis were so plain and ugly, I thought they were cool as well.

I wouldn’t say I was a fan though... just liked them.

Back in the day, we just didn’t have the exposure to teams and individual players that people do now. It’s probably easier to like multiple teams nowadays, because they are so easy to follow.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• "Seahawks only.

I dont get multiple team fans. Oh well."

Yeah, some of us pre-date the Seahawks.

For me, The 70's Rams of VInce Ferragamo, my favorite non-Seahawk QB ever.
    Madrid Hawk
    NET Rookie

• Shanegotyou11 wrote:Seahawks only.

Some of us are old enough to have been a football fan before the Seahawks were a team.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Don't really care for other teams, but I do find myself rooting for certain teams when the Hawk's or out, or just like it when they win. Those teams would be: The Saints, Ravens, Lions, and Browns.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

• The Steeleres now have the "killer B's '. I called Belichick & Brady that myself because of them being the longest most successful Coach-QB combo in NFL history..not IMO but fact.
    xray
    NET Starter

• I became a fan of the Seahawks when I was 10 in 1977. Zorn to Largent sucked me in. It has ALWAYS been Seattle for me. We moved to Michigan in 1984. I watched the ‘other’ teams televised here(Lions, Bears, Packers) and will admit that in the early 90s during our suckitude I almost jumped ship thanks to Barry Sanders. I couldn’t do it. Stayed with my Hawks. Thank god I did. The Lions will never win a Lombardi. So, yeah, I guess The Lions are my 2nd favorite team by default cause I live out here.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

• I was 11 when the team came into existence in 1976, so didn't have a solid favorite before that. I've tended to kind of pick a team in a different conference to pay attention to and root for (never over the Hawks, of course). I lived in Georgia for a while and rooted for the Falcons (when Seattle was still AFC)...tended to root for underdog teams in the AFC now. Currently, I pay attention to the Browns as I am a fan of Baker Mayfield (Boomer Sooner!). Hawks first with a secondary team when the Hawks aren't on...oh, and anyone playing the Patriots, Cowboys, Stealers and the rest of the NFC West.
    OKHawksfan
    NET Bench Warmer

• IndyHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Vikings. Before the Seahawks were in existence I rooted on the purple team with the cool logo on their helmets.

For whatever reason the Vikings were on tv a lot before
    we got the Hawks..i liked the uni's too but I rooted for the Raiders.
    Ken Stabler .I learned to hate em real fast after 76 when we were
    switched to the AFC.

The Vikes were on TV a lot for one reason...Fran Tarkenton. Russ copies most of his moves from him. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Cowboys were my 2nd favorite team growing up. Was born in ElPaso and my parents were both big Cowboys fans. Stopped liking them in the 90's after Jimmy Johnson was chased away. The love for them was never even 10 percent of what it is the for the Hawks. And now I flat out hate them, and have for decades.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• There's the Seahawks and then a few teams I don't hate and will cheer for if the Hawks are eliminated from playoff contention.

Saints
    Dolphins
    Browns
    Lions
    Bills

Basically teams with long suffering fan bases tortured by smug national media adored teams. I've been there so I can relate.

Sounds like the OP is a classic front runner fan. My brother is a Pats fan but at least he jumped on the bus in 1986. Being a Pats fan since 2002 and a Hawks fan since 2003 means you've never really suffered.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

• Prior to the Seahawks, I was a Packers fan and liked Ray Nitschke and Bart Star. Also a fan of all teams playing the Cowboys.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• It was pretty fun to watch the Giants beat the Patriots - especially in that undefeated NE year.

I like the Eagles because of Pederson and Wentz.

The KC team is pretty fun to watch.

Teams I hate other than the obvious (SF, LA, AZ):
    - Packers
    -Steelers
    -Pats

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• Wasn't really old enough when the Seahawks came into existence to be a solid fan of another team, so I grew up a Seahawks fan. Of course, I was the only one in my family, and other real 'Hawks fans were few and far between. Football just wasn't much of a thing around the community I grew up in. Because of that, I didn't develop a really rabid Seahawks-only fandom at an early age. Now, definitely! Then, well, it was not quite the same thing.

I do remember in the early '80s, my mom used to get jars of Fischer's Peanuts that came in neat NFL glasses. They're worth about ten bucks or so on eBay now. I of course got the Seahawks one first. But Mom wouldn't buy me more than one of the same mug. "You need to collect all the different teams!" Still a bit surly about that point. But I had about a dozen or so of these different NFL mugs. Since, I've given all of them away to friends of mine who happen to be fans of those teams, so it worked out well. Still wish I had more of the Seahawks ones, though.

During the early years when we sucked, I always enjoyed watching Montana, Rice, Lott, Clark, Craig, and all those guys. Man, they were good! And they always had such a rivalry with the hated Cowboys that I was a bit of a fan. Never really a true fan of them, but they were pretty much my NFC team, since their play rarely affected the Seahawks, and it didn't matter to the Seahawks if they did well. The switch to the NFC pretty much killed that. And, of course, the 49ers of the current era are a totally different team and easy to hate.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• As a kid always rooted for the Hawks and then the Jacksonville Jaguars once they became a team. I thought they had cool colors, a cool logo and they had a really good team for a couple years. They'll always be my #2/AFC team.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• I grew up in the Bay Area in the 80s and 90s so obviously I was watching the Niners. Jerry Rice even sent his kids to the same school that I went to and that was always a hoot when he came by to pick them up. But then as a teenager I found myself actually going to Raiders game in Oakland because they were cheaper and more accessible to me via BART. But then I moved up to Seattle when I was 19 and met my wife 4 years later and she had a profound influence on my rooting interests. I aint going anywhere and hopefully neither are the Hawks so there it is.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Madrid Hawk wrote:"Seahawks only.

I dont get multiple team fans. Oh well."

Yeah, some of us pre-date the Seahawks.

For me, The 70's Rams of VInce Ferragamo, my favorite non-Seahawk QB ever.

Yes and thats fair. Other then that? I dont understand. I wasnt trying to be rude either.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:
    Shanegotyou11 wrote:Seahawks only.

Some of us are old enough to have been a football fan before the Seahawks were a team.

That is fair. :)
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• My aunt roots for hawks, sf and giants.

Sf cuz she had a crush on montana.

And giants as her dad played and won a bowl back in the day.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Back in the 80's I liked the Dolphins. Loved watching Marino and his quick release.

I was a big fan of the Ravens in the Ray Lewis era and loved watching that defense play. I also liked the Jaguars back in the Brunell days and even up until recently. But after living in Jacksonville for 5 years and being around their "fans" they are now a team I root against pretty much every week.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

• When I was a kid growing up in Da Bronx, my first sandlot team was coached by a former Ram db, so I became a Rams fan. This was in the days of Van Brocklin & Crazylegs Hirsch. (Yes, I'm that old.)

The when Frontiere took over the team, I couldn't stand her and became a Giants fan until Holmgren took over the 'Hawks and there was some interaction between my family and the 'Hawks, so I joined here and became a 'Hawks fan.

The rest is history. :irishdrinkers:
    In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade.........

Paulie S.
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *

• I grew up in So Cal and was a big time LA Rams fan. Then they moved to St. Louis. I moved to Seattle in 1996 and bought season tickets. Never looked back...(Kind of nice to see them back in LA but Seahawks come first)
    Sign37now
    NET Veteran

• Giants because my whole family are giants fans. Plus I’m a NY fan in all other sports.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information