Booger McFarland's "throne" at Monday Night Football games

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
That thing is absolutely ridiculous. I'd have to call my lawyer if I payed big buck to get close and that thing rolled into my field of vision.

getnasty

Reaction score
Best of both worlds, you get the atmosphere of being at the game but watch it on TV. I don't get what people are complaing about.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’ve never seen it from that angle, and didn’t realize that it has a big TV on it.

I have seen/noticed the contraption before( on TV broadcast) and my first thought was “I’d be pissed, if that thing rolled up in front of me”.

I’ve paid a butt load of $ for front row seats at several venues, I don’t get to go to many games so I don’t mind the ticket price that much but the reality is, it shouldn’t matter the price of the tickets. $10 or $1000

I’ve had people try to hold up signs/flags in front of me, or wear a big foam hat, I ask once for them to put it below my view line, if they don’t comply, I get a staff member to have them do it, as far as I know all Stadiums have rules that don’t allow you to obstruct another persons view.

Boogers POS should fall into that same category IMHO.

Marvin49

Reaction score
pmedic920":95hzz135 said:
I’ve never seen it from that angle, and didn’t realize that it has a big TV on it.

I have seen/noticed the contraption before( on TV broadcast) and my first thought was “I’d be pissed, if that thing rolled up in front of me”.

I’ve paid a butt load of $ for front row seats at several venues, I don’t get to go to many games so I don’t mind the ticket price that much but the reality is, it shouldn’t matter the price of the tickets. $10 or $1000

I’ve had people try to hold up signs/flags in front of me, or wear a big foam hat, I ask once for them to put it below my view line, if they don’t comply, I get a staff member to have them do it, as far as I know all Stadiums have rules that don’t allow you to obstruct another persons view.

So, many years ago I got 9th row tickets to see Jerry Rice final game at the 'stick. It was the game where Terrell Ownes went of for like 20 receptions and 200+yards.

Anyway, the Fox camera kept parking itself right in front of me when the team was close by.

Drove me nuts.

It is for that reason that when I got my season tix, I got tickets in the second deck of Levis.

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
getnasty":1tzxcdem said:
Best of both worlds, you get the atmosphere of being at the game but watch it on TV. I don't get what people are complaing about.

This has to be a joke right?

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
pmedic920":2z3ad625 said:

Yeah it's really quite unbelievable.. The only reason this doesn't fall in line with that same rule is because it's the people who have the $$ and call the shots doing it. Typical BS

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Why is this Booger's throne? Is he sitting on it? Does he travel down the field on that thing? Is the screen in front of him or behind him? Is the intention to let people see the game because he would otherwise be blocking their view (because that would be stupid)?

OP
OP
therealjohncarlson

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
HawkGA":34jj3dju said:
I'm a little confused. Why is this Booger's throne? Is he sitting on it? Does he travel down the field on that thing? Is the screen in front of him or behind him? Is the intention to let people see the game because he would otherwise be blocking their view (because that would be stupid)?

The thread I linked to explains it in more detail but some people are calling it his "throne" because he's sitting on this big raised platform on the sidelines that apparently moves around up and down the sidelines during the game depending on where the action is + I think he moves around in order to constantly be in front of the line of scrimmage.

The screen is behind him, attached to his "throne" and yes the point is so people can watch the action (on a delay no less) while he is blocking them from seeing a good portion of the game.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Seeing as his name is Booger, maybe Snot Rocket is a more apt name than "Throne".

Just put the poor guy in the damn booth already, I'm not sure what the point of it ever was aside from not having him throttle Jason Witten.

HawkGA

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1qpz9p3w said:
HawkGA":1qpz9p3w said:

The thread I linked to explains it in more detail but some people are calling it his "throne" because he's sitting on this big raised platform on the sidelines that apparently moves around up and down the sidelines during the game depending on where the action is + I think he moves around in order to constantly be in front of the line of scrimmage.

The screen is behind him, attached to his "throne" and yes the point is so people can watch the action (on a delay no less) while he is blocking them from seeing a good portion of the game.

Wow, that's messed up. Who at ESPN thought that was a good idea?

chris98251

Reaction score
HawkGA":fur4nt57 said:
therealjohncarlson":fur4nt57 said:
HawkGA":fur4nt57 said:

ESPN owned by Disney, now ask yourself they managed to screw up a winning formula in Star Wars, is there any question about how they have screwed up Monday Night Football since moving it to ESPN from ABC.

getnasty

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3qvsve8r said:
getnasty":3qvsve8r said:

This has to be a joke right?

Yes, yes it was

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's stupid because having Booger doing that doesn't make the game more watchable. I've watched only 1 MNF game - the Seahawks game. The MNF telecast crew is horrendous.

HawkGA

Reaction score
chris98251":1b7lil6i said:
HawkGA":1b7lil6i said:
therealjohncarlson":1b7lil6i said:
HawkGA":1b7lil6i said:

ESPN owned by Disney, now ask yourself they managed to screw up a winning formula in Star Wars, is there any question about how they have screwed up Monday Night Football since moving it to ESPN from ABC.

Well ABC is owned by Disney too, so not sure the logic follows. But totally with you on them screwing up Star Wars.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
LOL...the "Boogermobile"....sounds like something out of Revenge of the Nerds.