TUCK THE SHIRT IN!!!

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
There needs to be way harder penaties against not tucking the shirt in / having undershirts sticking out etc. Looks super sloppy! Rams just had a reciever score with his shirt hanging out.. linemen do it all the time! :les: :rumble:

Maybe an automatic deadball penalty of 5 yards if a players shirt is untucked in the huddle? That way teams that REALLY want to have the shirts flopping around can just go no huddle all the time to avoid the penalty :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Atleast heavy fines I think, and then penalty yards if they keep having the shirt untucked?

907Hawk

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":fdoaxtyn said:
There needs to be way harder penaties against not tucking the shirt in / having undershirts sticking out etc. Looks super sloppy! Rams just had a reciever score with his shirt hanging out.. linemen do it all the time! :les: :rumble:

Maybe an automatic deadball penalty of 5 yards if a players shirt is untucked in the huddle? That way teams that REALLY want to have the shirts flopping around can just go no huddle all the time to avoid the penalty :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Atleast heavy fines I think, and then penalty yards if they keep having the shirt untucked?

90 percent of the players play with the shirt untucked. Would you also like everyone to get off of your lawn. :irishdrinkers:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":3oav0qp7 said:

You should see a highschool game sometime. 95% of the players have their jerseys untucked.
In the mid to late 80’s in high school we’d cut off the jerseys so there was less to grab onto, plus we thought it looked cool. 8)

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Tucking in shirt in the nfl is probably similar to a software engineer wearing a tie in 2018. . .

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm suddenly reminded of the "manners maketh man" line from Colin Firth in The Kingsman. I had little league umpires make me tuck my jersey a couple of times when stepping-up to the plate. Still, this thread does make me wonder how divorced from manners and propriety that we will become.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
Yeah i noticed in Last chance U on netflix that t-shirts were hanging out as well...!! I think it annoys me because NFL uniforms (and college uniforms etc) generally look so good, and if a T-shirt hangs out from underneath the jersey it looks very.. It looks more like a practice or scrimmage than a game.

When I played football in Sweden, only the really fat linemen would get away with having the shirt untucked :D They would also get to go first in line on hamburger restaurants, the rule was "if you weigh 3 digits in kg, you go to the front of the food line" :D

endzorn

Reaction score
It’s impossible to play good football with an untucked shirt! That’s why we were dominated by the tidy and well-kempt Lions.