Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

I think the 49ers just secured the number 1 pick.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:If any Seahawk fan (or anyone really) in this discussion who has watched the 49er games this season and is not 100% convinced that the injury to Garoppolo is the problem, that person is blind or football ignorant. Beathard processes slower than Kaepernick. Let that sink in. Beathard repeatedly misses wide open passing windows, over and over again, taking horrid sacks, throwing late, and turning the ball over.

If Garoppolo isn’t an idiot and keeps going out of bounds, they are 4-4 right now (guaranteed that with a qb who can pick up a first down every once in a while they beat Arizona twice and San Diego). Possibly even 5-3 (the Packer game).

If you have spent any time watching Beathard, you know HE is the reason the team is losing. He even threw the INT that blew the game against Green Bay.

Now, however, getting someone like Nick Bosa would be worth the ACL injury. Unfortunately, if they beat the Raiders kiss that goodbye, because Las Vegas will draft him number one overall.

Seems pretty brittle to ride JG to mere mediocrity and and abyss awaits without him.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:He’s back. :179417:

Weak. Not a single response to what I said. I see through you homey.

Just enjoy your perpetual rebuild. Oh, and the head coach hunting, John, Jed, and Paraag's favorite past time.

Shanahan ain't goin' nowhere. "Perpetual". LOL. It started LAST YEAR. The rebuild couldn't start until Baalke was out of the building.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:Those examples from 40 years ago dont seem overly relevant. Did you notice those syats when you were watching your betamax collection of when anyone actually cared about the niners?

....methinks you are missing the point.

I'm not posting 40 year old passing or rushing stats.

I'm talking about how good coaches don't always win right away when they are in a rebuild and particularly when their 6-2 franchise QB is lost for the year.

Its ludicrous to me how people are all over Shanahan as if the Seahawks wouldn't be in a very similar predicament if Russell Wilson went down.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• mrt144 wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:If any Seahawk fan (or anyone really) in this discussion who has watched the 49er games this season and is not 100% convinced that the injury to Garoppolo is the problem, that person is blind or football ignorant. Beathard processes slower than Kaepernick. Let that sink in. Beathard repeatedly misses wide open passing windows, over and over again, taking horrid sacks, throwing late, and turning the ball over.

If Garoppolo isn’t an idiot and keeps going out of bounds, they are 4-4 right now (guaranteed that with a qb who can pick up a first down every once in a while they beat Arizona twice and San Diego). Possibly even 5-3 (the Packer game).

If you have spent any time watching Beathard, you know HE is the reason the team is losing. He even threw the INT that blew the game against Green Bay.

Now, however, getting someone like Nick Bosa would be worth the ACL injury. Unfortunately, if they beat the Raiders kiss that goodbye, because Las Vegas will draft him number one overall.

Seems pretty brittle to ride JG to mere mediocrity and and abyss awaits without him.

....and what do you think awaits Seattle if Wilson gets hurt. Rams if Goff gets hurt. Packers if Rodgers gets hurt.

There may not be a team in the NFL that doesn't see their season fall apart if their QB gets hurt and is lost for the year in week 3.

The ones where it doesn't make a difference are teams where the starter is no better than the backup.

Despite the problems at QB the 49ers actually have the 6th ranked rushing offense in the NFL. No Joke. a 1-7 team who is about to be 1-8 because now the BACKUP QB is hurt and likely won't play on a short week.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• LOL, Now you guys done it!
    You got Marvin’s back UP!

I haven’t seen him like this since a lot of us called Kap “Captain One read”, or said Harby would jump the Niners ship, when Marvin said he wouldn’t take “a lesser job” in college. Good times peeps, good times! 8)
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Marvin49 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:He’s back. :179417:

Just enjoy your perpetual rebuild. Oh, and the head coach hunting, John, Jed, and Paraag's favorite past time.

Shanahan ain't goin' nowhere. "Perpetual". LOL. It started LAST YEAR. The rebuild couldn't start until Baalke was out of the building.

Been rebuilding since the hiring of dennis erickson, how many HCs you guys got? From 2003 , 7 HCs in 15 years, I didn't even count Tomsula's first interim.

Ooooops, 9ers don't call them rebuilds, do you? What's the fancier terms?

Lucky that you have Paraag Marathe, always around to pick the next Savior. Will let you know what Paraag thinks if I run into him in one of Silicon Valley's Indian gatherings. NO ONE in NFL has more HC hiring experience than Paraag. He is the man. You guys are sooooooooooooooooo lucky to have him, Stanford guy, smart, articulated, knows football, expert in hiring saviors.

Go Paraag, Go Niners, Go Denise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Kyle you trust.
    Last edited by toffee on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• If we're taking bets on the first overall pick, I'm putting my money on the Raiders. Even when it comes to sucking, the 9ers can't do it well enough.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• HawkGA wrote:If we're taking bets on the first overall pick, I'm putting my money on the Raiders. Even when it comes to sucking, the 9ers can't do it well enough.

nah, I have faith. Progress, progress under better management and coaching staff. Raiders are simply lost, 9ers are a well oiled machine.

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Been rebuilding since the hiring of dennis erickson, how many HCs you guys got? From 2003 , 7 HCs in 15 years, I didn't even count Tomsula's first interim.

Ooooops, 9ers don't call them rebuilds, do you? What's the fancier terms?

Lucky that you have Paraag Marathe, always around to pick the next Savior. Will let you know what Paraag thinks if I run into him in one of Silicon Valley's Indian gatherings. NO ONE in NFL has more HC hiring experience than Paraag. He is the man. You guys are sooooooooooooooooo lucky to have him, Stanford guy, smart, articulated, knows football, expert in hiring saviors.

Go Paraag, Go Niners, Go Denise !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In Kyle you trust.

WTF?

Dennis Erickson?

What the hell is your measure of a rebuild? They were in the NFC Championship in 2011, 2012, and 2013.

That's the recent peak. They tried and failed miserably to reload with Tomsula and Kelly and finally scrapped it all and started over with Lynch and Shanahan. This is 1.5 years into the rebuild. The expectation was that this would be a long process and then Garoppolo unexpectedly won 5 straight games. Then, this year, he tore his ACL. It's really that simple.

Dennis Erickson? Dude. Seriously?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:LOL, Now you guys done it!

I haven’t seen him like this since a lot of us called Kap “Captain One read”, or said Harby would jump the Niners ship, when Marvin said he wouldn’t take “a lesser job” in college. Good times peeps, good times! 8)

I'd love to say I didn't say any of those thing, but that would be unfair.

1) I was wrong on Kap. I admit it. I still think he can be effective and they really screwed him by trying to make him do something he wasn't good at, but I was wrong.

2) For the record, I didn't think he'd jump ship to Michigan because it never occurred to me that he'd be fired. Reality is Niners had choice between Baalke and Harbaugh, and Niners made wrong choice. That said, Harbaugh did alot to force managements hand and I don't think he'll be at Michigan much longer. He never last more than 5 years anywhere.

Still tho, I'll man up and say that I never thought he'd go to Michigan.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• 94Smith wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:. Long may it continue.

Well we agree on something!

LOL, nice.

He's not alone quite frankly, but there's something a bit odd about a Brit talking with so much authority about the state of the Niners.

His relentless "everything about the 49ers sucks" since 2015 has gotten old. Even Maulbert and Uncle Si come off like Niner casual fans compared to him.

UK wouldn't want some ole Yank to speak about his precious football even if that guy religiously watched the sport like he watches ours.

Even I give the Seahawks credit where credit is due, and no Niner fan on here is as critical of the Seahawks or Wilson as I am.

None.

Seahawks next Super Bowl win will be without Wilson at QB.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• I’m not interested in convincing Niner fans that Shanahan sucks. His performance speaks for itself. The longer they stick with him, the deeper their grave will be dug.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:I’m not interested in convincing Niner fans that Shanahan sucks. His performance speaks for itself. The longer they stick with him, the deeper their grave will be dug.

Right.

And Tomsula/Kelly were better I'm sure.

Harbaugh was actually a good coach even though you probably said he sucked back in 2014?

No franchise QB for the Niners leading to lots of losses........low hanging fruit for Hawk fans.

What's the common refrain around here "Without Wilson, we'd be a 2 win team"??
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• NINEster wrote:UK wouldn't want some ole Yank to speak about his precious football even if that guy religiously watched the sport like he watches ours.

Actually my interest in soccer has dwindled and I watch it a fraction of the time I used to.

I recommend people read the Seattle Seahawks thread on the webzone if you are wondering why I think Whiner fans are delusional idiots.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:
    NINEster wrote:UK wouldn't want some ole Yank to speak about his precious football even if that guy religiously watched the sport like he watches ours.

Actually my interest in soccer has dwindled and I watch it a fraction of the time I used to.

I recommend people read the Seattle Seahawks thread on the webzone if you are wondering why I think Whiner fans are delusional idiots.

LOL. Right.

Like EVERY fanbase doesn't have homer fans. Please.

If you go to a site devoted to any team, in particular one with a large community of posters, there will be a large contingent of fans with a loose grip on reality. Its called fandom.

This site is no exception.

Good example, pretty much EVERY take with a few exceptions on the Niners is negative. No worries. Its a Seahawks board. That's the norm. This is Seahawks country.

The funny part to me is how later they act like Nostradamus in their predictions. LOL.

Its like they predict EVERYTHING will go wrong and if they are right 10% of the time its like they knew all and Niner fans are nothing but homers.

I get taken to task about defending the Niners and sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong. Hell, I said here that Harvin and Graham will be bad trades and peeps jumped all over me. I was right.

The only thing that gets talked about tho is that I defended Baalke and Kap, which I did.
    Last edited by Marvin49 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• There's people here who get their rocks off at throwing mud at 9ers fans, just as there's people in the Hawks thread at the Zone who get their rocks off throwing mud at Hawks fans.

There are two things that are funny about this:

(1) Both of these groups of fans blame the other group for why they behave the way they do.

(2) Both of these groups spend most of their time trolling fans from the other team that don't behave this way, because when you try to troll a troll it just doesn't go anywhere.

In short, each group looooooooves to use the other group as an alibi for their own obnoxious behavior, but these alibis are really just props. Beyond blaming each other for their own poor behavior they mostly ignore each other, and target people with sincere motives who are trying to engage in conversations instead of just trying to get a rise out of people.

SIDEBAR: I've spent my entire online life being curious about what % of (and which) trolls are what we could call "self-aware" trolls who actually know that they're trolls and are being deliberately obnoxious and trollish, versus what we could call "aloof" trolls who are totally not self-aware about their trolling and are just crazy people. There's no way to answer it obviously, but I think about it WAY MORE than I probably should. :lol:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:SIDEBAR: I've spent my entire online life being curious about what % of (and which) trolls are what we could call "self-aware" trolls who actually know that they're trolls and are being deliberately obnoxious and trollish, versus what we could call "aloof" trolls who are totally not self-aware about their trolling and are just crazy people. There's no way to answer it obviously, but I think about it WAY MORE than I probably should. :lol:

Same!
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:There's people here who get their rocks off at throwing mud at 9ers fans, just as there's people in the Hawks thread at the Zone who get their rocks off throwing mud at Hawks fans.

(1) Both of these groups of fans blame the other group for why they behave the way they do.

(2) Both of these groups spend most of their time trolling fans from the other team that don't behave this way, because when you try to troll a troll it just doesn't go anywhere.

In short, each group looooooooves to use the other group as an alibi for their own obnoxious behavior, but these alibis are really just props. Beyond blaming each other for their own poor behavior they mostly ignore each other, and target people with sincere motives who are trying to engage in conversations instead of just trying to get a rise out of people.

SIDEBAR: I've spent my entire online life being curious about what % of (and which) trolls are what we could call "self-aware" trolls who actually know that they're trolls and are being deliberately obnoxious and trollish, versus what we could call "aloof" trolls who are totally not self-aware about their trolling and are just crazy people. There's no way to answer it obviously, but I think about it WAY MORE than I probably should. :lol:

DAMN.

SOOOOOOOOO This.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:LOL, Now you guys done it!

I'd love to say I didn't say any of those thing, but that would be unfair.

1) I was wrong on Kap. I admit it. I still think he can be effective and they really screwed him by trying to make him do something he wasn't good at, but I was wrong.

2) For the record, I didn't think he'd jump ship to Michigan because it never occurred to me that he'd be fired. Reality is Niners had choice between Baalke and Harbaugh, and Niners made wrong choice. That said, Harbaugh did alot to force managements hand and I don't think he'll be at Michigan much longer. He never last more than 5 years anywhere.

Still tho, I'll man up and say that I never thought he'd go to Michigan.

I give you props for admitting the truth. :2thumbs:

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Popeyejones wrote:There's people here who get their rocks off at throwing mud at 9ers fans, just as there's people in the Hawks thread at the Zone who get their rocks off throwing mud at Hawks fans.

Reading your last paragraph...... Honest question, do you ever ask yourself if you are doing some non-conscious trolling at times here? Not trying to start anything just curious.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• NINEster wrote:
    94Smith wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:. Long may it continue.

Well we agree on something!

LOL, nice.

He's not alone quite frankly, but there's something a bit odd about a Brit talking with so much authority about the state of the Niners.

His relentless "everything about the 49ers sucks" since 2015 has gotten old. Even Maulbert and Uncle Si come off like Niner casual fans compared to him.

UK wouldn't want some ole Yank to speak about his precious football even if that guy religiously watched the sport like he watches ours.

Even I give the Seahawks credit where credit is due, and no Niner fan on here is as critical of the Seahawks or Wilson as I am.

None.

Seahawks next Super Bowl win will be without Wilson at QB.

Your predictions are usually not even close to accurate so thanks.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• mrt144 wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:SIDEBAR: I've spent my entire online life being curious about what % of (and which) trolls are what we could call "self-aware" trolls who actually know that they're trolls and are being deliberately obnoxious and trollish, versus what we could call "aloof" trolls who are totally not self-aware about their trolling and are just crazy people. There's no way to answer it obviously, but I think about it WAY MORE than I probably should. :lol:

Same!

Yeah, I'm... I'm not sure anyone wants the answer to that.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• Sports Hernia wrote:LOL, Now you guys done it!

Kap was never a one read QB. He was a QB who couldn't make anticipatory throws.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

• 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:LOL, Now you guys done it!

Kap was never a one read QB. He was a QB who couldn't make anticipatory throws.

Yeah he was. He was a one read and run QB. Sorry.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• toffee wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:If we're taking bets on the first overall pick, I'm putting my money on the Raiders. Even when it comes to sucking, the 9ers can't do it well enough.

nah, I have faith. Progress, progress under better management and coaching staff. Raiders are simply lost, 9ers are a well oiled machine.

I stand by my post.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Previous

It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information