Can we go after Bruce Irvin? (Update: Signed with Falcons)

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Raiders are trying to push him in a trade. Id take him back.

Thoughts?

Seymour

Reaction score
NO!!

Thinking we are 1 player away got us into this shit jam we are in with cap.

Next year it starts to really open up...and Irvin is not the answer here.

rcaido

Reaction score
Yeah i was saying that in that other thread....Davis & 5th rounder for Irvin. Irvin likes Seattle too.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
His cap number is almost all salary, so he'd cost $4.5MM in cap space for the remainder of this year, so no.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
First thought: Poison. He chimed in when Avril said the players started questioning Carroll after SB49 interception. We don't need players who question Carroll. We need guys who buy in, shut up, and worry about their own improvement.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Seymour":21mxensq said:
NO!!

Thinking we are 1 player away got us into this shit jam we are in with cap.

Next year it starts to really open up...and Irvin is not the answer here.

I think this team is close to being scary good. We need another pass rusher. I know salary cap opens up next yr as well.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1ad5lgca said:
First thought: Poison. He chimed in when Avril said the players started questioning Carroll after SB49 interception. We don't need players who question Carroll. We need guys who buy in, shut up, and worry about their own improvement.

Source?

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Jeremy517":3nly1npu said:
His cap number is almost all salary, so he'd cost $4.5MM in cap space for the remainder of this year, so no.

Could we send a player and have Oakland eat some cap?

rcaido

Reaction score
Jeremy517":1v55d6ga said:

That's just for this year though. We still have money to spend.

Im probably wrong as i dont really know much about contracts but Bruce next year is 9million but 0 dead money, so we can cut him without losing money or re-negotiate extend his contract.

Seem like low risk high reward for this year. We are loaded w/ RB especially when we get McKissic back in couple weeks. Can also have Penny get more plays in. We can always trade backs to get more draft picks.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
rcaido":2sapeym8 said:
Jeremy517":2sapeym8 said:

You need cap space for roster moves throughout the year, especially as people get hurt. Secondly, cap space rolls over to next year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We never really recovered from losing him.

Filling that SLB spot or end spot has been a nightmare, as was the lack of pass rush we had.

I don't know we are close enough for it to matter, so that is a lot of risk without much upside.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1057010795370803200[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/1057013035615715328[/tweet]

rcaido

Reaction score
Well according fieldgulls post says they can afford Irvin.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/1057014925250375680[/tweet]

toffee

Reaction score
Didn’t follow Bruce, how good is he now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
rcaido":1mv73065 said:
Jeremy517":1mv73065 said:

Im probably wrong as i dont really know much about contracts but Bruce next year is 9million but 0 dead money, so we can cut him without losing money or re-negotiate extend his contract.

Seem like low risk high reward for this year. We are loaded w/ RB especially when we get McKissic back in couple weeks. Can also have Penny get more plays in. We can always trade backs to get more draft picks.
Remember last season when Mckissic, Carson, Procise, and Davis all went down? Yeah me too. You don't mess with the running game right now, period. Penny in his current iteration is a clear downgrade from Davis.

Irvin's main deal is he set the run when he was a LB for us. He was decidedly mediocre as a pass rusher. A good utility player that could do a bit of everything, but certainly not someone you would want to go and and trade for --- especially since he plays a position that didn't see a lot of playing time on the Seahawks. We also don't have many draft picks this season, I doubt it would be a straight across trade, a Davis for Irvin. Not worth it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Would have loved to see Bruce back, he'd fit in perfectly in the D-line rotation and give Frank some help.

But I get it, we already don't have a 2nd and 6th next year, so unless the Raiders were willing to accept a 2020 pick, I doubt John and Pete wanted to compromise any more picks for 2019.

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
I remember Irvin as the perfect "keep Kaepernick in check" player. Kaep would run all over every other team but just kind of hurt us a little since Irvin had that great combo of speed and size to contain him