Should we trade a 4th or 5th rounder for Golden Tate

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Word has it he is on the block. He would improve our receiving and return game bigtime.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3mm3zqix said:
Word has it he is on the block. He would improve our receiving and return game bigtime.

Lol yes bringing him back into our locker room after what he did would be a fantastic idea for team chemistry :roll:

sutz

Reaction score
I rather like our WR corps right now. No need to add an expensive vet.

OP
OP
R

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1uzy41dq said:
Russ Willstrong":1uzy41dq said:

Lol yes bringing him back into our locker room after what he did would be a fantastic idea for team chemistry :roll:
I'm guessing you think Tate might allegedly make a move on Ciara? LOL. All past rumors.
I think Wilson is mature and has moved on from that mess. Off the field he is all about Ciara and a model father and stepfather. On the field he continues to build chemistry with Baldwin who is one of Wilson's harshest critics. Besides, Tate isnt Percy Harvin-crazy.

toffee

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":r1w0axnb said:
therealjohncarlson":r1w0axnb said:
Russ Willstrong":r1w0axnb said:

I'm guessing you think Tate might allegedly make a move on Ciara? LOL. All past rumors.
I think Wilson is mature and has moved on from that mess. Off the field he is all about Ciara and a model father and stepfather. On the field he continues to build chemistry with Baldwin who is one of Wilson's harshest critics. Besides, Tate isnt Percy Harvin-crazy.

I have been advocating for adding a vet WR, I have been dreaming of getting Larry Fitzgerald. Golden Tate? Not so much. totally wanna get another big body WR. Unless Fant can catch, dude is like 6'8" and purportedly could still dunk.

massari

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2ji6c167 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/spotrac/status/1057008967510048768[/tweet]
For that little of a cap hit, and the Seahawks could just release Jaron Brown to recoup one of the comp picks lost from Graham/PRich/Richardon after signing him, I'd trade a mid rounder for sure to get Tate.

And if they can't re sign Tate after the season, they get a 2020 comp pick.

But why would the Lions trade him for a 4th though? They're still in it, especially when Ezekiel Ansah returns.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
One thing overlooked about Tate (and overlooked when they traded him) is that he is an aggressive blocker in the run game. He will not only willingly block for the runner, but he will follow the runner and make great downfield blocks.

We missed that a lot.

Even with Moore and Lockett, we get better with Tate on the roster - especially considering an injured Baldwin.

But...there is the issue about the rumor and whether it would cause a problem?

I don't know if that puts the genie back in the bottle. And if Wilson is the one that pushed to let Tate go (regardless of what Tate did...get over it), then I hope he realized how much he screwed himself. With Tate on this team, Wilson would have been doing national endorsements for years - at big numbers, because he would have had 2 SB wins and probably at least 1 other SB appearance.

Instead, the media shifted to Dak, Mahomes and all the others (athletic run/pass QBs).

I remember seeing all the Ad Age articles about Wilson was the 'next big thing' for endorsements and then...he just dropped off the planet. He still does stuff here, but no longer do you see him as the next big pitchman for national brands and he was poised for it. I know he wanted it. So let us hope he didn't end up screwing himself by not trying to keep Tate.

toffee

Reaction score
What would we get if Baldwin is on the market? Got to think about it real hard if a 2nd + 5th is on the table, too bad no one wanna invest a 1st in our HOF FS Earl, otherwise we could have multiple first and second round picks.

Just sayin'

chris98251

Reaction score
Baldwin is hurt first of all, second he is a leader and helping the receivers.

Why on earth do you guys always want to get rid of players that can help us. Baldwin once he gets things cleaned up has a lot more time in the league then a guy on defense.

Oh that's right your a 49er fan who bailed and is used to the York way.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Seems like a good deal for both sides. He will do well in Philly.