Strong possibility 3rd stringer Mullens starts Thursday

94Smith

Reaction score
Looks like CJ's wrist is sore and he is a game time decision. I guess it will depend if he practices. If he doesn't practice, expect Mullens time....

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm not. He was a good QB at Iowa, but he could never stay healthy.

Marvin49

Reaction score
ivotuk":dypucyrz said:
I'm shocked at how good Beathard has looked. Maybe it's all Kyle's playcalling?

? Really?

I mean he makes some good plays here and there but the dude holds the ball WAY too long, is sacked like 4 or 5 times every game and is a turnover machine.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Lombardi just noted that going by combined win % this far into the year Raiders vs 9ers is the worst primetime game to be broadcasted in the history of the NFL.

And that's before the 9ers might be down to their third string QB on top of all the other injuries. :lol:

To be totally honest, this is harder to watch than the Tomsula gas leak year or the 04 Erickson year. Those teams were so beyond hope before the season even started that it was at least funny in a yakety sax kind of way. This is just depressing and pointless though.

OP
OP
94Smith

94Smith

Reaction score
He has moved the ball at times, but it is Shanahans scheme, not anything spectacular he is doing. Some of the plays he has made the guys have been wide open. He is also regressing, he played well against the Bolts, Pack and first Arizona game minus the turnovers. The last two games he has hesitated, looked lost in the pocket and taken sacks. I think he is hesitant to throw a pick, which is fine, but he needs to roll out and throw the ball away, or tuck it and run. The Rams defense is much better, so you can see that, but he looked lost against the Cards as well.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":73g2xmhd said:
Lombardi just noted that going by combined win % this far into the year Raiders vs 9ers is the worst primetime game to be broadcasted in the history of the NFL.

And that's before the 9ers might be down to their third string QB on top of all the other injuries. :lol:

To be totally honest, this is harder to watch than the Tomsula gas leak year or the 04 Erickson year. Those teams were so beyond hope before the season even started that it was at least funny in a yakety sax kind of way. This is just depressing and pointless though.

It is really hard to watch but there is one HUGE thing that gets me through.

Not only could this season result into a premiere player in the draft (like say, Nick Bosa), but we KNOW Jimmy is coming back next year. Typically a team that drafts this high and you are hoping for a high draft pick, the cupboard is absolutely bare.

Here, there are a ton of team needs but the team will have money, great draft capitol, AND a Franchise QB. I can't wait till the off season.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
ivotuk":1bmslay4 said:
Good? He’s looked terrible. But Shanahan’s play calling has indeed repeatedly left targets wide open, but Beathard simply doesn’t process fast enough to pull the trigger on time.

toffee

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":1tl1ilg8 said:
ivotuk":1tl1ilg8 said:
Good? He’s looked terrible. But Shanahan’s play calling has indeed repeatedly left targets wide open, but Beathard simply doesn’t process fast enough to pull the trigger on time.

Beathard was simply being patient and let the play develop, one luxury only afforded by QB playing with league leading OL.

OL RANKS 768x433

OP
OP
94Smith

94Smith

Reaction score
That's the frustrating thing. The offensive line gives him time, he just is 1/2 -1 second late on reads it seems

Marvin49

Reaction score
toffee":1y75ocqw said:
5_Golden_Rings":1y75ocqw said:
ivotuk":1y75ocqw said:

Beathard was simply being patient and let the play develop, one luxury only afforded by QB playing with league leading OL.

OL RANKS 768x433

Dude, you realize you are just making our point for us, right? RIGHT?

Dude gets sacked like 4-5 times a game and turns it over on average twice a game.

So......if the line is playing that well AND he's getting sacked, throwing late and turning the ball over and Niners fans are saying he holds the ball too long...

....hey, maybe they're watching the games and know what they are talking about.

I know. Crazy, right?

BTW, pretty sure those rankings are a few weeks old.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
So if he makes plays it's shanahans scheme but if he fails it's the qb.

I'm assuming the Niners were unbeaten this yeah with Jimmy glass?

rlkats

Reaction score
Shanahans play calling has not been perfect it’s been good, but the line is not bad at all and the running game is damn good. So where is the issue. How about the it takes 10 minutes to figure out where to THROW the damn ball beat hard QB. He is a joke and I hope Mullen’s plays and destroyes the Raiduhs. This way beat hard can go to the practice squad.

chris98251

Reaction score
rlkats":2ynj1ftu said:
Shanahans play calling has not been perfect it’s been good, but the line is not bad at all and the running game is damn good. So where is the issue. How about the it takes 10 minutes to figure out where to THROW the damn ball beat hard QB. He is a joke and I hope Mullen’s plays and destroyes the Raiduhs. This way beat hard can go to the practice squad.

Siouxhawk says TJack is available still. :)

toffee

Reaction score
Marvin49":xfdasqbs said:
toffee":xfdasqbs said:
5_Golden_Rings":xfdasqbs said:
ivotuk":xfdasqbs said:

OL RANKS 768x433

Dude gets sacked like 4-5 times a game and turns it over on average twice a game.

So......if the line is playing that well AND he's getting sacked, throwing late and turning the ball over and Niners fans are saying he holds the ball too long...

I know. Crazy, right?

Dude was executing plays designed for him by a generation genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toffee

Reaction score
rlkats":3j27qer1 said:

Shanny is a God to 9er fans. You can be disrespectful to Kyle here, you are safe, but don’t do it on 9ers forum.

Marvin49

Reaction score
toffee":o147033z said:
Marvin49":o147033z said:
toffee":o147033z said:
5_Golden_Rings":o147033z said:

OL RANKS 768x433

I know. Crazy, right?

Dude was executing plays designed for him by a generation genius.

DUDE.

This ain't complicated.

The problem with Beathard is that he holds the ball too long, has no pocket awareness, throws late, and turns the ball over. Every REAL Niner fan in here is saying the exact same thing. That's because they actually watch the games.

Look what happened last night with Mullens. Now to be clear I am NOT discounting that it was the freakin Raiders and I have no expectation for that level of play to continue in any way, shape or form.

The only point I'm making is that Mullens did NOT hesitate and hold the ball too long and the difference was STARK. That's what its supposed to look like.

Scheme is not, I repeat, NOT the issue. The problem is execution. Anybody with even half a clue or isn't an outright troll can see that.

mistaowen

Reaction score
2018 Raiders might have one of the least talented rosters I've ever seen. I can't name one person on their team who should probably start over another player on a different team. Maybe Carr over a handful of other QB's but he looks shell shocked and scared to throw a pass over 5 yards. Kolton Miller has some potential to be a good lineman but Cable will teach him to retreat every passing play and try to block with one arm and no leverage. NFL should punish Gruden for going full tank and essentially giving the remaining schedule a free blowout win so he can go into Vegas with a bunch of high draft picks.