Saints vs Rams, you watching?

El Caliente

Reaction score
Sunday afternoon in Sean McVay and his boys will be taking a little trip down the ole’ Mississippi from St. Lou...( oh yeah, they aren’t in St. Louis anymore) I mean LA to play the Saints in the Superdome, and to determine who has the inside track on the #1 seed in the NFC. It has the making of a great game, and the Saints defense is trending in the right direction. The Rams will have Cooper Kupp back, and now they have Fowler. The Saints have the best run defense in the NFL, and the Rams have the top run offense.

It’s going to be a good one.

RedAlice

Reaction score
A good one, indeed.

Saints are undefeated since their Week 1 home loss to the Bucs in their Superdome.

They are playing hot and just almost did as good as the Bills did in Minny.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
El Caliente":2vjn3c4e said:
Sunday afternoon in Sean McVay and his boys will be taking a little trip down the ole’ Mississippi from St. Lou...( oh yeah, they aren’t in St. Louis anymore) I mean LA to play the Saints in the Superdome, and to determine who has the inside track on the #1 seed in the NFC. It has the making of a great game, and the Saints defense is trending in the right direction. The Rams will have Cooper Kupp back, and now they have Fowler. The Saints have the best run defense in the NFL, and the Rams have the top run offense.

Yep going to be a good one. Do you have a favorite Saints board?

Went to one and saw some Saints fans talking about how the Rams don't deal with an environment like the Dome and how the Saints may blow them out...

Strange because Saints fans surely remember Beastquake - and we play in that stadium every single season.

OP
OP
E

El Caliente

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2afhbixj said:
El Caliente":2afhbixj said:

Went to one and saw some Saints fans talking about how the Rams don't deal with an environment like the Dome and how the Saints may blow them out...

Strange because Saints fans surely remember Beastquake - and we play in that stadium every single season.

I use Saintsreport.com (same handle). It’s very well run, and the mods are great people who keep things in order.

Seahawks.net is my 2nd favorite site for football. Since our battles in the early part of this decade I have gained a healthy respect for the Seahawks and their fans, and I will defend you guys on Saintsreport.com if people are spreading fiction more than fact.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
El Caliente":16yrahab said:
Ramfan128":16yrahab said:
El Caliente":16yrahab said:

I use Saintsreport.com (same handle). It’s very well run, and the mods are great people who keep things in order.

Seahawks.net is my 2nd favorite site for football. Since our battles in the early part of this decade I have gained a healthy respect for the Seahawks and their fans, and I will defend you guys on Saintsreport.com if people are spreading fiction more than fact.

Thanks but I'm a Rams fan ;)

Can't wait for Sunday!

RedAlice

Reaction score
El Caliente":8wv678lx said:
Ramfan128":8wv678lx said:
El Caliente":8wv678lx said:

Great board. Swimmer is cracking me up.

McVay as Payton’s son. Good stuff!!

DOMINATION!

I quoted him in my game day thread.

Eta: also a Rams fan. 8)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I don't know what to expect for this game.

We've always played pretty well against Brees - save for that beat down two years ago - so I've always been pretty confident playing them.

Also think McVay will be wanting to get after the Saints for that 4th preseason game this year.

And while it sort of feels like the Rams have been trending toward a loss since the Seattle game, it's worth noting that Kupp has pretty much been out since then. With him back this week, the offense should be much better.

Both teams are probably worried about their defense, and I still have nightmares from our D trying to tackle Kamara last year. I can almost guarantee that John Johnson will be shadowing Kamara in this game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No matter what happens, the Saints will be the ones knocking the Rams out in the playoffs :stirthepot:

This should be a hell of a game. Rams giving up a LOT of long plays, and Brees is as good as it gets in the long ball.
Rams have barely won 3 games, they are due to lose obviously. And they have zero home field advantage there.

I get the feeling they'll get lucky and pull one out, but I look forward to another playoff choke by the Lambs.

94Smith

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3uj2x8tf said:
Rams have barely won 3 games,.

Most teams "barely" win games and "barely" lose games. The great teams win most of these close games and have the closers to come through in the clutch. Even the Saints "barely" beat the Browns and barely beat the Ravens and went to OT vs the Falcons. Unfortunately the Rams don't suck as much as you want them to!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not my point. People act like the Rams are automatically going to go 16-0, then run thru the playoffs. They are starting to show some weaknesses. And that GB game was a gift. That idiot doesn't take that ball out of the end zone, Erin takes them down for a game winner.
They clearly don't suck, but they are not clearly the best team in football.

94Smith

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1y707dd0 said:

Who do you think is? I think they could be extremely dangerous if their defense steps up to their potential

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2qy3f9yc said:
No matter what happens, the Saints will be the ones knocking the Rams out in the playoffs :stirthepot:

This should be a hell of a game. Rams giving up a LOT of long plays, and Brees is as good as it gets in the long ball.
Rams have barely won 3 games, they are due to lose obviously. And they have zero home field advantage there.

I get the feeling they'll get lucky and pull one out, but I look forward to another playoff choke by the Lambs.

First of all, the Rams "barely" won two games. Only twice have we actually trailed in the fourth quarter. Once at Seattle after two of our starting WRs were knocked out of the game, and once at home against Green Bay - who under McCarthy and Rodgers have a great track record coming out of a bye. As for the fumble, the series prior to this we made the Packers go three and out - so while people can think that Rodgers was going right down the field, the Rams still had the best player on the field that day and he singlehandedly ended the previous drive.

Second of all, nobody is acting like the Rams are going 16-0. In fact, most of the media is picking the Saints to win this week (over on CBS Sports, every "expert" picked the Saints to win straight up while two of them picked Green Bay to beat New England - in New England).

But the Rams are undefeated, have the best point differential in the NFL, and have five impressive wins:

Chargers
Vikings
@Seahawks
@Broncos
Packers

All the more impressive because, as you pointed out, we don't have a home field advantage. Let's dive deeper into those wins:

Chargers - undefeated outside of the Chiefs and Rams - and the Rams handed them their worst loss
Vikings - probably the least impressive win on here, but they're a talented team sitting at 4-3-1
@Seahawks - only loss in Seattle so far, and beat Seattle when they're playing very well - and did so missing two WRs
@Broncos - they're 3-2 aside from playing the Chiefs and Rams - only losses at home are close losses to Chiefs and Rams - Rams held double digit lead for most of this game
Packers - Rodgers, coming off a bye week - not a hugely impressive win, but they're a good team

Oh and also, the Rams have had a double digit lead in every game except for the Seahawks game.

It's okay to think the Rams are the best team in the NFL right now without taking it so far as to say that they're going undefeated and can't be beat. Of course they can. Wouldn't be at all shocking to lose to the Saints or Chiefs coming up.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2104rce4 said:
Not my point. People act like the Rams are automatically going to go 16-0, then run thru the playoffs. They are starting to show some weaknesses. And that GB game was a gift. That idiot doesn't take that ball out of the end zone, Erin takes them down for a game winner.

8-0, five quality wins, best point differential.

The Rams have clearly been the best team in the NFL - and even a loss to the Saints wouldn't change that necessarily. It's a game the Saints are favored in because of their home field.

94Smith

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1ymz79vn said:
SoulfishHawk":1ymz79vn said:

8-0, five quality wins, best point differential.

The Rams have clearly been the best team in the NFL - and even a loss to the Saints wouldn't change that necessarily. It's a game the Saints are favored in because of their home field.

Yeah pretty much every metric says they are the best. Quality wins, undefeated, best overall DVOA outside of special teams. Top 2 offense, top 12 defense....