Rams lose!

James in PA

Reaction score
Finally! It’s about time! I pity the team who has to play them next week...

Oh, wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The Rams and Saints D is dogshit..No way were the Rams going to win all games.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Thank god. This team is good, but they aren't worthy of an undefeated record, and if they somehow would have gotten one I would have been sick.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
James in PA":pd9q57h0 said:
Finally! It’s about time! I pity the team who has to play them next week...

Oh, wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol yeah but maybe Seattle will be highly motivated after the loss to the other Los Angeles team? :greetingsearthling:

El Caliente

Reaction score
Whoa whoah whoah! Our defense might not be world beaters, but today we shut down Todd Gurley, and we showed that our offense is better than their offense (and our defense is better than their defense).

It’s fun times right now in New Orleans (not so much in Baton Rouge), and this win is going to spring board the Saints to a different level going forward. More confidence. More trust in the system. Young players are earning their stripes. Great times.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
El Caliente":21hewb8q said:
Whoa whoah whoah! Our defense might not be world beaters, but today we shut down Todd Gurley, and we showed that our offense is better than their offense (and our defense is better than their defense).

It’s fun times right now in New Orleans (not so much in Baton Rouge), and this win is going to spring board the Saints to a different level going forward. More confidence. More trust in the system. Young players are earning their stripes. Great times.
Congrats El! Nice win!

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
El Caliente":2ton7v9y said:

Peyton Manning was unjustly given Drew Brees' rightful MVP trophy, but sadly Mahomes is probably going to run away with it this year. Still, what is it? 18 TDs to 1 INT? Drew Brees = Underrated GOAT.

getnasty

Reaction score
Is Marcus Peters the worst corner in the league?

knownone

Reaction score
Not a huge surprise. The Rams have caught quite a few breaks between their early season schedule and eeking out wins against the Packers and Seahawks. The gap between them and the rest of the good NFC teams was never that big and if they can't figure it out on defense I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose a few more games.

El Caliente

Reaction score
If refs ever called Rams olinemen for holding I wonder if they would have won 8 games. It was brutal the amount of pass interference that the refs let both sides get away with (and by both sides I mean my Saints as well).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
El Caliente":35v5q1fb said:

Glad your team won and I hope they wore em out for us..

Seanhawk

Reaction score
getnasty":3i9gu2ih said:
Is Marcus Peters the worst corner in the league?

I don't always watch the Rams, but when I do Marcus Peters is getting beat deep.

TnIFBMZIeYBrNHG jn0exrTHkNPkW05RUETQ0Xqd8edDmblRN

Ramfan128

Reaction score
El Caliente":2z30xmaa said:
If refs ever called Rams olinemen for holding I wonder if they would have won 8 games. It was brutal the amount of pass interference that the refs let both sides get away with (and by both sides I mean my Saints as well).

Whoa.

Do you think the Saints OL legally blocked Donald, Suh and Brockers for an entire game? Neither side was called for holding once. And on the season, trust me, teams have held the Rams DL and gotten away with it FAR more than we've held and gotten away with it.

And Rams had more penalties called...and the questionable spot on the fake FG. All in all it was a well called game though.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
El Caliente":w7pmf2rm said:

That's what you took away from that game?

Look, great game. And if I were a Saints fan I'd probably feel the same I guess..

But these offenses were nearly identical. Rams had more yards per play, both had about the same amount of total yards. Saints executed better in the redzone.

As for the defenses - worst first half I've ever seen. But the Rams made stops and held the Saints to 3 points in the 2nd half until the big play, and the Saints didn't get inside the Rams 30 yard line until that TD.

Obviously I was expecting this to be a toss up and a game the Rams could easily lose - which we did. When it was 35-14 I was concerned. But when it was 38-35 and we had the ball late in the fourth quarter, those concerns went away.

That 2nd quarter was an absolute nightmare - and yet somehow the Rams had the ball with a chance to take the lead - and even on that possession, as Aikman pointed out, we had open WRs and Goff just blew it. This game showed me that Brees is better than Goff - but we already knew that.

This was a close game in New Orleans - which everyone says is one of the toughest places to play - where the Rams faced some crazy adversity from a poorly played 2nd quarter - and yet they had the ball with a chance to drive down and win the game. If anything, that tells me that the Rams are better than the Saints on a neutral field - which is where this game would be played in LA.

And even though the Rams defense played awful in the first half, it's still better than the Saints IMO. Offense is closer to a toss up, but I'd still take the Rams. One game doesn't change that - after all, I doubt you think the Bucs offense and defense is better than the Saints, and they went into New Orleans and won in week 1.

Great game. Hope to see it again in January.

El Caliente

Reaction score
It was a great game, and I fully expect a rematch in New Orleans in January. Give me the Saints offense over the Rams. The Rams have a ton of talent all over the field, but still give me the Saints.

I loved the Ingram block on Fowler, he through that boy right it of the club. Next to the Watson TD celebration, and the Michael thonas celibration, That block was the highlight.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should have at least 3 losses. Not surprised one bit they gave up a 40+ burger to the Saints. Saints are a better team.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":172dkkrd said:
Should have at least 3 losses. Not surprised one bit they gave up a 40+ burger to the Saints. Saints are a better team.

My guess is the Rams will leave no doubt for you this Sunday at least ;)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
El Caliente":3vnmt0mq said:
It was a great game, and I fully expect a rematch in New Orleans in January. Give me the Saints offense over the Rams. The Rams have a ton of talent all over the field, but still give me the Saints.

I loved the Ingram block on Fowler, he through that boy right it of the club. Next to the Watson TD celebration, and the Michael thonas celibration, That block was the highlight.

I'll take the Rams offense for sure.

Marcus Peters is awful - having Talib on Thomas in the playoffs will probably change the entire complexion of the game.

Having said that....Alvin Kamara is the most unstoppable offensive player in the NFL. He's going to be a problem. After watching what he did to us the last two years, I might have to say that he's better than Gurley and is the best RB in the NFL.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I see a close loss for the Hawks on Sunday, but then a nice win over the Pack next Thursday. Hawks are def. a team who can play with anyone, but are still young and trying to get it all together. Gonna' be up and down all year. As much as I rag on the Rams, they are damn good. I just don't think they are some automatic Super Bowl winner like so many.