Dez Bryant

El Caliente

Reaction score
We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

What is your take on Marshall? Why did the Seahawks cut him?

mrt144

Reaction score
El Caliente":1km6kcjk said:
We have him, Brandon Marshall, and Akeem Aiken coming in. I think Sunday showed us that Cam Merideth might be less than ready for this system, and we don’t want to put it all on Can’t Guard Mike (Michael thomas). I would be fine with either Marshall or Bryant because our locker room is so strong.

We cut him simply because he wasn't doing much of anything for us on the field.

kobebryant

Reaction score
El Caliente":2eqlrp6c said:

David Moore is better and earned reps away from Marshall. Which put Marshall as WR5, and your 5th and 6th WRs ought to be able to play special teams, which Marshall doesn't. All reports and comments from Pete suggest Marshall was a good teammate while here.

Chapow

Reaction score
mrt144":2oe0tsr0 said:
El Caliente":2oe0tsr0 said:

We cut him simply because he wasn't doing much of anything for us on the field.

This, and he had a couple of pretty egregious drops in his limited opportunities early on and hasn't been used much since.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If the Hawks can't make a run I am really cheering for the Saints to win it all this year. I hope Dez works out for them but I would definitely have my reservations.

RCATES

Reaction score
Just lol at Rams shortening their Window considerably by going all in this year to only get cucked by the Saints.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
RCATES":6rudlezr said:
Just lol at Rams shortening their Window considerably by going all in this year to only get cucked by the Saints.

It’s not a bad strategy to go all in for the strongest chance at one super bowl while rookie contracts allow it. Windows (and translation to actual SB success) are extremely unpredictable and generally extremely short lived anyway, so strike while the iron is hot. Everyone talks about keeping the window open or building a dynasty that will ultimately never be.

Re the saints and Bryant. The saint were already balling with the guys they had. Bryant is unlikely to see any type of volume targets right? Package plays and depth at this point?

El Caliente

Reaction score
I think dez will get 5-7 targets a game, what he does with them is up to him.

Look, the drop off in production from Michael Thomas to our #2 wr is pretty huge, we need the veteran presence, and we need the sure hand that Dez provides. He is still young, and he still has the juice in the tank. He is being paired with the best qb he has ever played with, and in the best system/franchise he has ever played in. Don’t expect a Pro Bowl career, but certainly count on him getting his, and not yapping about his qb or getting the ball.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
El Caliente":w0nli63m said:

Look, the drop off in production from Michael Thomas to our #2 wr is pretty huge, we need the veteran presence, and we need the sure hand that Dez provides. He is still young, and he still has the juice in the tank. He is being paired with the best qb he has ever played with, and in the best system/franchise he has ever played in. Don’t expect a Pro Bowl career, but certainly count on him getting his, and not yapping about his qb or getting the ball.
I’m rooting for you guys if the Hawks don’t make it.

But..... I think signing Dez is a mistake (FWIW I didn’t want Seattle signing him either). The guy has a ton of mental baggage and is a mental midget when things start going wrong or he isn’t being thrown to as much as he thinks he should be. His route running is also poor. The good news is there is no “attachment” to him from the saints and if he starts “being himself” it’s an easy cut.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":37el6ixo said:
El Caliente":37el6ixo said:

I’m rooting for you guys if the Hawks don’t make it.

But..... I think signing Dez is a mistake (FWIW I didn’t want Seattle signing him either). The guy has a ton of mental baggage and is a mental midget when things start going wrong or he isn’t being thrown to as much as he thinks he should be. His route running is also poor. The good news is there is no “attachment” to him from the saints and if he starts “being himself” it’s an easy cut.

The force is with you....

HawkGA

Reaction score
This is the reason Bell should be wary of his holdot. Coming back after a layoff like that and *boom* injury.