Alex Smith's broken leg...

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Ugh. Per ESPN, it was the same injury suffered by Joe Theismann, 33 years to day after. Basically the same injury I got when I was T-boned on my motorcycle by a car (although I threw in a few more things too). I hope he ends up able to walk without a cane, and without his foot swelling up if he walks more than about 10 minutes. Joe Theismann never played again, and I never got back to kung fu, and probably Alex Smith played his last down today. I feel terrible for him!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
THey showed it on tv and I missed it.....they said they will not show it again. And they did not. I am glad about that. That kind and the arm snap on our team a couple years ago on Jeremy Lane kinda dont need to be repeated very often. People have seen them enough I thinks.

Thanks for the post.

chris98251

Reaction score
Two major breaks, at his age I doubt he plays again, Thiesman made it back for a couple seasons but was never the same.

I just hope heals heals well for the rest of his life to be un affected.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Feel bad for him. I always liked Alex Smith. Redskin's seemed like they had/have a decent team this year. Sure he has access to the best doctors, but nothing is certain. Hope the surgery goes well.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
GRAPHIC ALERT!!! Watch At Own Risk!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LeadingNFL/status/1064247493905473536[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/1064254331526901760[/tweet]

Tough break on a fellow Bremertonian. :cry:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Like I've said before. FEDEX field is CRIMINAL! I hate seeing anyone injured, especially as bad as this. Godspeed Alex.

Warning: Graphic:

[youtube]YvrBX87uzEA[/youtube]

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Glad I missed it, don't need to see it, I feel awful for the guy.

OP
OP
GeekHawk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't need to see it. I can still see my foot flopping 180 degrees front and back every time my bike bounced up as we skidded to a stop.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1amuzubu said:
Like I've said before. FEDEX field is CRIMINAL! I hate seeing anyone injured, especially as bad as this. Godspeed Alex.

Did NFL Red Zone really cut to a guy laughing at his laptop after showing that injury? :34853_doh:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3cjbobfc said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3cjbobfc said:

Did NFL Red Zone really cut to a guy laughing at his laptop after showing that injury? :34853_doh:

Yup. Stupid people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crizilla

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":36vvmcr3 said:
Weird that it happened the same day 33 years later, November 18th...

And the game ended in the same exact score --- 23-21

SCIENCE

RedAlice

Reaction score
Horrible. One of the good guys.

Sad thing about our sport we love is this kinda thing.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":367m71ts said:
Two major breaks, at his age I doubt he plays again, Thiesman made it back for a couple seasons but was never the same.

I just hope heals heals well for the rest of his life to be un affected.
I believe he never made it back.
He did try like hell though and the Seahawks were one of the teams he tried out for.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Medical and surgical technology has come a long way in 33 years. In an age when a man with no legs competes for fastest in the world, anything is possible, including recovering from broken bones.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Joe Theismann broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18, 1985 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21. The only three-time Defensive Player of the Year Lawrence Taylor was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line.

Alex Smith broke his right tibia and fibula on Nov. 18, 2018 in a game in Washington that ended 23-21. The only other three-time Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt was involved in the injury, which occurred around the 40-yard line.