Booger McFarland

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Are we done with Booger yet?

I mean, I mildly enjoyed the novelty of him giving us his painfully obvious hot takes ("The Chiefs just have to play better defense Joe, too many explosive plays allowed"), but now it's just downright insufferable and annoying.

It's bad enough having to listen to Witten make even the most exciting game in MNF history sound like a funeral........but the combo of Booger and Witten might just be the worst announcing combo in sports history.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I don’t understand how he ever got a job commenting in the first place. Annoying voice. Little to add to the discussion. Just all around awful.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2u36rcay said:
I don’t understand how he ever got a job commenting in the first place. Annoying voice. Little to add to the discussion. Just all around awful.

All we can hope for is some fans taking it upon themselves to bumrush the Boogermobile, destroy it and tie Booger to a goalpost with duct tape so he never comes back.

I honestly don't get what his purpose is........other than like I said just to puke up painfully obvious comments about what we're already watching.

Fade

Reaction score
I watch this crew on mute.

I know this is the hyperbole age. And if you aren't the best you're the worst.

But this is the worst national broadcasting team in NFL history. It would be one thing if they were the D team on Fox, those lower level crews aren't very good, but this is Monday Night Football.

Going from Gruden & Tirico to this abomination is like going from being the Patriots to the Browns.

ESPN continues to prove to everyone they are a joke, and why no one watches that network anymore.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fade":1sew845h said:
ESPN continues to prove to everyone they are a joke, and why no one watches that network anymore.

They're so desperate they just dug up Chris Berman from whatever nursing home he was napping in.

I'm not picky with commentator crews, all I ask for is a new broadcast crew rule that says we can only have one boring white ex-Cowboy in the league at one time.

So sorry Aikman, Romo, Johnson and Witten..........we're going to have to put you in the winner takes all Octagon, whoever wins can have a job for the next 12 months. Then we do it again next year.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1wlacb28 said:
Fade":1wlacb28 said:

They're so desperate they just dug up Chris Berman from whatever nursing home he was napping in.

I'm not picky with commentator crews, all I ask for is a new broadcast crew rule that says we can only have one boring white ex-Cowboy in the league at one time.

So sorry Aikman, Romo, Johnson and Witten..........we're going to have to put you in the winner takes all Octagon, whoever wins can have a job for the next 12 months. Then we do it again next year.

If we only can have one it has to be Romo, the dude is great as an analyst.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JGreen79":3cv41y9d said:
Sgt. Largent":3cv41y9d said:
Fade":3cv41y9d said:

I like Romo better now that he's not just trying to guess the plays pre-snap ad nauseam.

ivotuk

Reaction score
JGreen79":kxmo0s1r said:
Sgt. Largent":kxmo0s1r said:
Fade":kxmo0s1r said:

I love Romo too! His calls onthe plays are fabulous! It's really fun to "get the inside scoop" on plays either before they happen, or as they are happening. I have learned a lot from his analysis and believe he is by far, the best analyst on TV.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2heyqmar said:

I mean, I mildly enjoyed the novelty of him giving us his painfully obvious hot takes ("The Chiefs just have to play better defense Joe, too many explosive plays allowed"), but now it's just downright insufferable and annoying.

It's bad enough having to listen to Witten make even the most exciting game in MNF history sound like a funeral........but the combo of Booger and Witten might just be the worst announcing combo in sports history.
Fully agree.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2m2642pe said:

I can tolerate Witten, but Booger is terrible.

How could someone so bad be at that level?

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Vesuve":10j72u0f said:
Sgt. Largent":10j72u0f said:

I hate Witten too, because he's EXACTLY what's wrong with the nepotistic nature of the NFL...........a good ol' Cowboy who decided to stop playing and because he's an ex-Cowboy and he's safe, let's just stick him in the booth with ZERO broadcasting experience.

What happened to learning your craft, go do college games like the old days for a couple years or more to hone your craft. Why punish NFL fans with a boring milktoast color commentator that is learning on the fly (It's like pulling a rabbit out of your head Joe!". It's an awful broadcasting trend, we deserve better.

I blame Jerry Jones, I always blame Jerry Jones.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Never did I foresee a MNF announcer named "Booger".
His crooked finger is distracting.
But not as bad as Munoz'.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wcog4tr said:
Vesuve":2wcog4tr said:
Sgt. Largent":2wcog4tr said:

I hate Witten too, because he's EXACTLY what's wrong with the nepotistic nature of the NFL...........a good ol' Cowboy who decided to stop playing and because he's an ex-Cowboy and he's safe, let's just stick him in the booth with ZERO broadcasting experience.

What happened to learning your craft, go do college games like the old days for a couple years or more to hone your craft. Why punish NFL fans with a boring milktoast color commentator that is learning on the fly (It's like pulling a rabbit out of your head Joe!". It's an awful broadcasting trend, we deserve better.

I blame Jerry Jones, I always blame Jerry Jones.

Agreed.

There's no way Witten should be calling any NFL games at all at this point.

(If ever. That's what he should have to prove.)