Dallas & Detroit Thursdays

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Is the Thanksgiving game Dallas and Detroit's only Thrusday night game each year. Because if it is they play every Thursday night game at home. If true that does not seem right. I know tradition and all but that is lame.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Some traditions need to stay the way they are. In the past, they have made changes and it was not conducive to fan participation and fan satisfaction.

A couple years ago, one of the games was on NFL network only and that game was not watched as much as the other games. Therefore the advertising dollars went for naught as most were not seen. That is where the traditions need to stay the same sometimes.

Go Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I have no problems with *allas or the Lions having thanksgiving day games.

Let them play on a short week. *allas is so overexposed as is, taking away the turkey day game won’t change that much.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Watched the Bears-Lions game. Too bad the Seahawks picked up the wrong safety in the 4th round of 2017 draft. Should have taken Eddie Jackson not Tedric Thompson. Eddie is a straight up baller. He's a pick-six machine. He would have been a solid ET replacement.

Threedee

Reaction score
They should not allow Buck & Aikman to cover Thanksgiving in Dallas. Also, Detroit started this tradition. Everyone else should wait in line to fill the other slots, instead of having one team pretending that it is also their tradition.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":6w5w6glz said:
Is the Thanksgiving game Dallas and Detroit's only Thrusday night game each year. Because if it is they play every Thursday night game at home. If true that does not seem right. I know tradition and all but that is lame.

Dude, are you serious?

This might be the silliest question in the forum. Are you not paying attention to the NFC games?

:34853_doh:

OP
OP
Year of The Hawk

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I think it is interesting how several reference how the situation is this year for those teams. I am referring to an overall long term fairness. It is proven that the home teams statistically win more on Thursday nights. Even by more than the usual home field advantage.

Tradition...Even if Detroit was first to do this means what??? They get all future home field advantage for eternity... The league has 3 Thanksgiving games now. Who besides Detroit and Dallas could give a rats arse about the tradition of where it is played on those days. I am sure every team would rather play at home on the Thanksgiving as well.

It seems a little bit ironic the level of outrage on this forum every year over our schedule picking out start time nuances and travel miles yet when pointing out a built in league scheduling bias many here defend the tradition. LOL.

Since 2006 The Seahawks have played 4 home games and 4 road games in Thursday night. Would you rather not play all at home?

Oh yeah. This (and last year) year Dallas plays 2 Thursday night games. Back to back and both home field. Two years ago Dallas played back to back Thursday night games. The first was Home the second travel. Sounds fair to me.

No matter since Dallas and Detroit suck. For now.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2ww7efdg said:
I think it is interesting how several reference how the situation is this year for those teams. I am referring to an overall long term fairness. It is proven that the home teams statistically win more on Thursday nights. Even by more than the usual home field advantage.

Tradition...Even if Detroit was first to do this means what??? They get all future home field advantage for eternity... The league has 3 Thanksgiving games now. Who besides Detroit and Dallas could give a rats arse about the tradition of where it is played on those days. I am sure every team would rather play at home on the Thanksgiving as well.

It seems a little bit ironic the level of outrage on this forum every year over our schedule picking out start time nuances and travel miles yet when pointing out a built in league scheduling bias many here defend the tradition. LOL.

Since 2006 The Seahawks have played 4 home games and 4 road games in Thursday night. Would you rather not play all at home?

Oh yeah. This (and last year) year Dallas plays 2 Thursday night games. Back to back and both home field. Two years ago Dallas played back to back Thursday night games. The first was Home the second travel. Sounds fair to me.

No matter since Dallas and Detroit suck. For now.

This is the scheduling argument? I think East Coast start times and playing the stupid Panthers every year is more of a concern than a classic game.